Blog for the Bun-Buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wanted to look at your blog since I clearly haven't been keeping up! Sorry about your losses and break-up. It's good of you to take care of Sammi for the time being though. Poor girl, I wish we could figure out what was causing her GI issues! Stress is probable. I hope her leg is ok...

I love your piggy! Makes me want one so badly!

My boss at the shelter recently took in 120+ robos. They were being bought from overseas, shipped to Texas, and bred and kept there in unsanitary conditions. I think they had lots of different species. They were selling the critters to PetSmart and the like. :( Such a sad story. Anyway, of the 120, about 10 were male, so the rest are still (at least as far as I've heard) on pregnancy watch. We adopted a few out, but as time goes by we seem to have to separate them more and more due to fighting. They're also all very hard to handle--like a bar of soap in your hands! But I thought I'd mention, since I know you're a ham-person. Also, they're up for adoption ;)

Two GPs landed themselves at the shelter today and of course GPs being a minority, got placed into our rabbit room. They are soooo cute. I don't know what they are and I don't know anything about piggies but I can see why you love Regiford so much. They're so silly!

tonyshuman wrote:
My boss at the shelter recently took in 120+ robos. They were being bought from overseas, shipped to Texas, and bred and kept there in unsanitary conditions. I think they had lots of different species. They were selling the critters to PetSmart and the like. :( Such a sad story. Anyway, of the 120, about 10 were male, so the rest are still (at least as far as I've heard) on pregnancy watch. We adopted a few out, but as time goes by we seem to have to separate them more and more due to fighting. They're also all very hard to handle--like a bar of soap in your hands! But I thought I'd mention, since I know you're a ham-person. Also, they're up for adoption ;)
My mum is looking for a girl Roborovskii for Ned. We've bred them in the past, and we only could EVER get them to have one litter. After looking up information on them, I guess they only breed once or twice in their lifetime (odd for rodents, no?). If your shelter boss is OK with it, I know my mum would LOVE to get a little friend for Ned. Let me know! Madison isn't that far away! ;)

kirbyultra wrote:
Two GPs landed themselves at the shelter today and of course GPs being a minority, got placed into our rabbit room. They are soooo cute. I don't know what they are and I don't know anything about piggies but I can see why you love Regiford so much. They're so silly!
If your shelter-people let you, try giving them some old towels or something soft to snuggle in. It will melt your heart! Every time I look in Reggie's cage, he's all sprawled out in his Cuddle-C-Cup. Sometimes, it just makes me smile because of how relaxed he looks. He even has one little footie dangling out the side of the bed! :hearts:

kherrmann3 wrote:
kirbyultra wrote:
If your shelter-people let you, try giving them some old towels or something soft to snuggle in. It will melt your heart! Every time I look in Reggie's cage, he's all sprawled out in his Cuddle-C-Cup. Sometimes, it just makes me smile because of how relaxed he looks. He even has one little footie dangling out the side of the bed! :hearts:
I'll ask the Tuesday volunteers to see if we can get a towel from the shelter. We have a "GP guy" who usually comes and rescues the piggies. We're not sure when he's coming but I'm sure they will be taken care of. We're getting some carefresh for the piggies because one of them has some sores from sitting in its urine :(

You'd probably have to tell the boss-lady that it wasn't for breeding. ;) Or, you could ask soon and get one that's pregnant and see babies that way!

Honestly, we're not in it for the babies. My mum just wants a friend for Ned. lol If they've already had one litter, they might not breed again *fingers crossed*

Well, I should update everyone. Sammi is doing much better. She's still not as spunky as she used to be, but she's eating and grunting at me, which I think is a good sign that she's back to her old self. :)

Thank you, everyone, for your kind thoughts!

I haven't had any pictures of Ned up lately. Since he doesn't live here anymore, I don't see him a lot to get pictures! Since I was somewhat watching my parent's house, I took a picture quick. First of all, here is his little igloo house... Well, all of the fluff that he packed inside of the house. He has a little plastic igloo for a nest, and once removed, all of the bedding stays in a perfect igloo shape!
img1584d.jpg

Here's Ned! Fully healed and being spoiled rotten!
img1586q.jpg

Aw! My Petunia used to make bedding piles like Ned, inside her trademark coconut house. She was a Russian Dwarf.

Back