Blog for the Bun-Buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww. Toby must have been so grateful and fallen in love with you! It's sad that he had to go through something painful but good that the experience brought you closer. I hope my bunnies love me that much one day!

He has even gotten to the point where he took my boyfriend as a threat and attacked him. For awhile, he even marked all of my boyfriend's things... The carpet under our bed was full of pee-marks. They were all on my boyfriend's side of the bed! Toby is a smart little booger.

kherrmann3 wrote:
He has even gotten to the point where he took my boyfriend as a threat and attacked him. For awhile, he even marked all of my boyfriend's things... The carpet under our bed was full of pee-marks. They were all on my boyfriend's side of the bed! Toby is a smart little booger.
Wow! I totally just laughed out loud reading this post... hilarious! Little jealous bun...

Oh, yeah! I don't know how Will did it, but one day while I was at work, him and Toby had a "heart to heart". Will jokes with me that he told Toby that "If you pee on my stuff, I'll pee on you!", or something along those lines!:ph34r2 Ever since then, Toby hasn't peed on Will's stuff. Since getting other rabbits, though, Toby pees near their stuff and has massive pooping fiestas. It's sooo bad when he's out. My bedroom turns into a little mine field when he's done with it! :grumpy:

New picture updates! :D I've been kind of lazy on pictures lately. I just went and snapped a few up today. Enjoy!

Toby looking shocked by something.
1006722.jpg

Nose rub time!
1006723.jpg

Toby cleaning his feets while sitting in his pink kitty condo.
1006727m.jpg

Toby's "Man Cave" - It's just the bottom shelf of our entertainment center...
1006730.jpg

Whiskerage!
1006734v.jpg

Sammi investigating the odd flashy thing in her cage.
1006738.jpg

Can I help you?
1006741.jpg

Looking upset...
1006742.jpg

Sorry these last two are so dark... I didn't want to use the flash anymore because she doesn't like it...
1006746.jpg

Nosey!
1006744m.jpg

I love whiskerage!!!!
Grooming time with the feetsies is also some of the best things to watch about bunnies. And the "face wipe" LOL
Great pics!

Thanks! I love it when Toby grooms his face, because one front foot is white, and the other front foot has a few white toes, so they show up well against his darker face fur. :D

kherrmann3 wrote:
Will jokes with me that he told Toby that "If you pee on my stuff, I'll pee on you!", or something along those lines!
Lol! There, that just proves bunnies understand what you're saying to them :D

Just catching up with all your news/photos, Kelly. Toby and Sammi are just super cute.

Jan

Thank you, everyone, for your comments! It makes me happy to know that people like to read about my babies and giggle at their pictures and antics.

It has been pretty hard to get a "good" picture of Toby lately. He has figured out that the little light on my camera (the one that goes on when it's focusing), it means that I am doing something and he will freeze.

Plus, he loves to pose. When he first went to the vet, over a year ago, they had to take his picture for his file. They had him on a towel on the vet table, with his left side facing them. He kept wiggling around and turning his head, which delayed the photographer. I just let go of him to see what he was doing (I had a hunch), and he scooted the towel he was sitting on around and moved his little bunny butt towards the camera while doing his towel-fluffing work.

The vet tech was about to grab him when I told her to just give him a second. A few moments later, he turned around with his right side facing the camera and puffed his chest out and posed perfectly. I guess he just didn't want them to catch his "bad side"! I mean, he had the most sparkly eyes, too! It was like he knew they were taking his picture, so he had to get in the zone!

To anyone who has ever seen the movie "Zoolander", the way Toby popped around and posed reminds me of Zoolander's "Blue Steel" modeling pose.

So, let him pose!
lv13.gif

(You could take photos of Toby and Sammi outside...without the flash...)

His poses are all the same! I would take them outside, but it's hard to drag the pen outside to let them run around (I live on the second floor, plus the pen isn't very big). My bunnies don't seem to like the "great outdoors" that much. Toby always just sits there, and I'm afraid to take Sammi out, because I'm pretty sure that she would get out and run away... :(

ETA: I'm not sure if the grass is OK for them to nibble right now. We had some rain, and we are downhill from a bunch of houses. I don't know if they treat their yards or not...

That is the most hilarious rabbity thing I've heard in a while! Toby is Zoolander!

Kirby is so vain as well. He is shedding his satiny coat right now and he is *so* sad because of it. He hasn't looked very happy in a couple of weeks and he doesn't come out of his condo much. I guess he just doesn't want people to see him when he's not fabulous :p

Better to maybe have the buns stay inside... have you read the thread that's been going on in Nutrition? James Waller started it. Randy just commented and it's a bit scary what buns can pick up eating stuff outdoors.

Well, my buns live outside for years now...and never picked any stuff...

I feed fresh grasses from the area, too.

I could worry about desease...and feed only hay...but the hay would come from the local farmers...guess where the grasses grow....right, under open sky, not in a green house!

Even the hay can be contaminated from wild animals...we have to feed something, after all...If you start to think about it, you can get very anxious, there is no 100% safety, not for us or our pets.
I try to concentrate more on the fun part of having rabbits.

I used to take them outside here, but last year, we had a raccoon with distemper rummaging through our area. I was afraid that they could pick up something from the scat. The raccoon was caught and destroyed (we caught it and called the Humane Society to come get it).

Also, we have a lot of buckthorn trees growing around here, and I know that some parts of buckthorn are poisonous to animals. I don't want them nibbling on that!

My friend's rabbit picked up a tapeworm outside, I think. I know she had a tapeworm, and I'm pretty sure that she said that she thought that it came outside when she had her rabbit out for her garden time.

Had a bunny date with Toby and Sammi last night. Toby still sticks his face under her, and she wasn't amused. They bit each other and took some fur out (only fur). I have some cute pictures, though. The "fighting" wasn't brutal or anything, just a rare nip that took some fluff with it. It probably doesn't help that Toby is shedding really bad right now... I will post the pictures later tonight, I hope!

I lol'ed at reading that Toby hasn't given up on getting some lovin'. Sammi just won't oblige huh?

Tapeworm?? Oh my gosh! How did the bunny do with that? Get it out?

Also how do you catch a raccoon? :?

kirbyultra wrote:
Also how do you catch a raccoon? :?
With a live trap. It's a metal cage that has a mechanism that is attached to the trap door. You put food in it in the far end of the cage, then when the critter walks into the trap to get the food, they have to step on the mechanism to get to it. The mechanism is tripped and the door falls behind them. Then, you just have a seriously %*#(&% critter in a metal cage. :D

Latest posts

Back