Blog for the Bun-Buns!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome !!!!! :D:D:mrsthumper::pinkelepht::pinkelepht:

Thanks, guys! :)

We had another bunny date last night. I crammed them both into a carrier for kitties, then proceeded to walk around my apartment with the carrier'o'bunnies while slightly bouncing in and "shaking" it (very gently, to simulate a car ride).

Then, after a few minutes of feeling silly, I put the carrier down in the kitchen and let them hop out on to the linoleum.

Sammi didn't seem too interested in Toby (she just wanted out of the kitchen and off of the linoleum of doom). Toby would stick his head under her to be groomed, then would nip her towards the end of the date. He nibbled the back of her leg when she was standing up on her back legs. She was less-than-thrilled with that.

No grooming this time, but I did have them cuddled up next to each other while I cuddled them both. I had so much bunny fluff on me!

Now, on to the pictures! :p

First coming out of the carrier and doing the funny linoleum walk.
1010280.jpg

Toby: "I disapprove of you running away!"
1010296.jpg

*Sniff sniff*
1010295f.jpg

More sniff-age...
1010294.jpg

Toby, give it a rest! Not everyone wants to groom you!
1010292u.jpg

You are so lucky to have a built-in bunn-way for the kids!!! My guys have more obstacles and cats they have to get around. BTW, how is your kitty?

Poor little Toby sounds like my foster child Andy Allen... All he wants is some lovin'... When the cats are in a lovey sort of mood, they will give him a few licks. Not nearly enough by Andy's Groom-Me-Meter. I really do hope he finds a nice little girl to settle down with. Hard to believe that he has been with me for about seven months now and he is such a sweet little guy.

Well, best of luck on the bonding process. I know I had to wait for Zappa to get a bit older before I could do anything with her. She was just too young when I adopted her, and she was caged with her litter-mates. She just needed time to adjust, get over hormones, and mature. Bonding certainly didn't happen overnight....

myheart

myheart wrote:
BTW, how is your kitty?
Actually, we don't have her anymore. She was a cute cat: affectionate, cuddly, etc., but she started throwing up on our couches, carpet, my clothes, etc. It was getting to be too much for our apartment. We just got the stink out, and she's been gone about a month. We had to get rid of our couches, wash the carpets several times, and we're still not done. It was just gross. We gave her back to the family that we got her from, and they were happy that we brought her back to them. I feel bad about having to get rid of her, but she was destroying everything plush in our apartment. I wasn't going to stand for it anymore. Plus, Will wasn't cleaning her litter box like he was supposed to, and I couldn't handle the smell (I clean up people poo for a job, but I still can't handle kitty poo). *sigh*

kherrmann3 wrote:
myheart wrote:
BTW, how is your kitty?
Actually, we don't have her anymore. She was a cute cat: affectionate, cuddly, etc., but she started throwing up on our couches, carpet, my clothes, etc. ...
LOL.... I was going to add after the inquiry, "Do you have her yet after getting rid of the couches?" because I read your post about the one hitting your shoulder while it was being removed. But I took it out because I thought it would be rude to say.... LOL.

I am glad her prior owners took her back, and didn't make the shelter or craig's list the only options. At leastshe is safe with her people....

myheart

Yeah, I've decided that I don't ever want to have to put an animal in a shelter. I have no problems with rehoming (as long as I screen/harass the person), but I don't want to drop a beloved pet at a shelter. I could always drop critters off at my mum's house! :p (She wound up with 7 hamsters that way!)

Actually, she said I shouldn't take 7 dwarf hamsters with me to an apartment, so I only took 2. She grumbled about it, but wouldn't part with any of them. My mum, the hamster stealer! She's also stolen my cockatiel, Johnny!

ETA: ... and my cichlids ...

OK, I'm lazy. I'm just copy/pasting this from the other thread. Bleh.

--------------------

I don't know who started this fight, but I guess they both ended it. Toby got a nip in on Sammi before the air-borne fur settled.

We just got back from the vet. She had to remove a bunch of Toby's fur and a bit of necrotic tissue from over the wound. No pus! Yay! Now, Toby has a stupid hair cut. The hair just grew in from the last fight!

:( *sigh*

1000474.jpg

1000475.jpg

Actually, he wants the girls to groom him, but gets grumpy when his needs are not met. It's the girls that attack him, not the other way around. I crammed the two of them in my little cat-sized carrier and took them to the vet together. They were snuggled in the vet office room with no problems. Toby just patiently sat next to Sammi with his head pancaked to the floor!

Yeah. I think he has unrealistic expectations because he got all the head-scratchies that he wanted as a baby/young adult/adult... :p I am truly a good slave.

At least the people on this forum are. :)

I should probably say that Toby is on antibiotics for 2 weeks, too. He gets:
- SSD cream on his face 3x a day for at least 7 days
- Enrofloxacin 2x day (.65) for 14 days
- Metacam 1x day (.16) for about 3 days

Latest posts

Back