big fat surprisey for gypsy!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Oh gypsy! I couldn't wait anymore.

Tank's here. :D:D

I just picked her up about 15 min. ago. She looks REALLY goodconsidering. The breeder's wife took over the operation, as I said, and100 percent improvement in conditions. Wow. Way better than I expected.She looks clean and healthy, really different from when I picked her upa year ago. She's thin, has bony hips and pockets on her flankslike she's lost weight, but still pretty healthy. She could use alittle weight, and is eating and drinking like no tomorrow. Good cleancoat, no fleas, mites that I can see. Alert and doesn't stink.

Head-wise--she's really timid and fearful, but interested in what'sgoing on. Imagine my shock when I was able to stroke her from head totoe. :shock::DShe flinched pretty hard at first but within acouple minutes was actually CHEWING--little purrs--for me. Loved thatdried bread, ears up and alert, took the car trip really well!!

You can still tell she's got a past, but this is marvelous. Much betterthan last year. You're going to love her, gypsy--she's sweetunderneath. When she gets over the fear, she's going to be great.

Better news than any of us hoped for, gypsy. I'm so glad. She isbetween 3 and 4 years old, apparently, at the latest word. Hopefullynot pregnant right now, but I'll get a better answer soon.

Oh, are you going to be HAPPY to see her!!!!:D

Rose

Yay!!!!!

Oh I am so very happy for you , all of you!!!

:groupparty::dancing::dancing::party::clap:

Oh great news on Tank. Awesome. God had guidedyou to her safely. I am glad that the place has improved a bit sincelast year. :groupparty::bunnydance:

WOW!!! Gypsy... SPEACHLESS???? WOW!

Congratulations to all of you. So glad to hear Tank is going to a great forever home!

:ele: :ele: :ele: :ele::ele: :ele::ele: :yes:

:waiting: The Proof is in the Pictures, Sista. :waiting:

Show Us: T A N K!

can anyone say "stupid boys"???? They killed thecamera battery!!!! Give me half an hour and I might be able tosqueeeeeze a few pics out.:D

Rose

OK foundsomeones voice and borrowed somefingers , ahhhh now I can speak!!!!

I just got off the Phone with Rose , Weare going to keep her with Roseuntil the Convention , that way any unforseenissues that may come upcan be delt with andNo surprises for anyone else ,Our Main concern is Pregnancy , We cant be sure ifshe is pregnant or not untilshe gets to a critical point in all of it . Rosewill be watching forworms and any other nasties that may rearup on us . Again dont wantsomeone else to have a nasty surprise .From Listening to Rose interact with TankShe is doing awesome . Even tho seh maybe thin she will bulk upquickly ,

Rose is on a camera search as I type .

Camera search paid off.:D

gypsy, you can't tell she's thin in this pic--but when you touch heryou can tell, and when she sits there are big hollows in her flanks.She has a big build.

b51a6ec9.jpg

Here's tail and legs....not horrible, but you probably can't tell muchfrom this pic either. Sorry! There are some matts, stains, etc.

1b6eabef.jpg

These pics aren't in order--by this one she was ignoring the flashies.:p

064943db.jpg

01fbd746.jpg

She looks alert, but not overly concerned by this point.

DSCN4016.jpg

DSCN4015.jpg

See, she's interacting! Look at her coming forward!!!:DI justnoticed the spots under her nose--I think it's just water but I'llcheck it out. I would have noticed anything else in person.

DSCN4014.jpg

These are the first pics. She was pretty fearful at this point.

7ed752a0.jpg

86f73c3b.jpg

Gypsy, I BLEW it, I touched her shoulder/scruff by accident.I swearI just brushed it. She flipped out. Wow.Shaking, gasping, whole body arched upand quivering, eyeswide. It was the saddest thing I think I've ever seen, and so shocking.I've never witnessed that kind of fear in an animal. Poor thing. She'sgot some major issues. But she wants to interact. That's amazing.

Folks, she looks better than I ever expected, but I could cry to seethat kind of trauma. I can't even imagine what would produce that kindof terror. She needs a lot of love. Anyone in the railroad who takesher, please be extra gentle and careful. It's so, so sad.

I'm glad she's got a better home.

Rose

i watched Tank's story, and it really touched myheart. i'm soooo happy that her life is gonna be better. Good on yaRose and Gypsy!

nicole

The more I see ofthe Pals the more I love them! You two did good on this.;)I'm glad Tank will have a better life.

Raspberry

She is beautiful lil gal. Poor Tank. I jsutdon't understand why people would do that crap. My heart breaks forevery animal that are neglet and abused in every way.

:groupparty:Tank is sooooooooo beautiful !!!!!

From what you have been saying with her fear problems, that shouldstraighten out in no time with lots love, but you already know that.

I will be looking forward to hearing lots of Tank stories in the future.

~Zee

Rose and Gypsy your Tank is lovely, and I'm sure now she isback with caring loving people her skittish behaviour will settle downand she will blossom and just be happy and ejoy being with you.

It's great to see her.

She really does owe her life to you 2.
I think you guys are fanbl**dytastic (g rated version) sorry is the Aussie in me you see.
But I do think that! You guys rock!:highfive:

:tears2:

What you ladies are doing for this rabbit is just amazing. Rose, Gypsy, and those of you helping with transport:

You're the best! :blueribbon:

1b6eabef.jpg

Rose What great Pictures !

In this one I can seeshe needs a few pounds put on ,If You notice where the base ofthe tail starts there is a dip , comingdown to where her heel is , evenin the posiiton sheis onit should be filledin not sunken as it is . But thats ok ,its workable . With the lesser weightthan she should wearit makes her Hip looked Pinched ,with tons of water and freefeeding her toemporarily will fill thosespots in nicely .

DSCN4015.jpg

I so love this one ! She looks like a Young Kit ,ready to take on that Flashy thingy lol. I love that she was interestedand curious enough to come forward andinvestigate .

Poor Tank, Poor Rose! Everyone, as You can tell from photosTank is a Very large rabbit , ThePerson who was taking care of( and I use theterm with great animosity )her used toScruff Pick up this big girl ,would bring her out of a topopening hutch ., If you can imagine andvisualize , It would be thesame Effect as , If Someone were to grabyou by your hair and pick youup and over something , The pain and fear would beoverwhelming, as It is for her , her fearis justified . For her to react that way to just alight touch on her scruff and shoulders itis safe to assume when Picked up thisway she was either dropped ORthrown where she was wanted to be .

Rose , Im thinking Her Scruff issue may be in factrelated to her refusing anyBuck put in with her andher non abilityor willingness to breed , Most Bucks will biteand grab a Doe by theScruff to hold on to copulate , NO doubtin her mind The Buck Is tryingto Pick her up . Poor Baby ,

As Rose has Statedanyone coming into direct contact withthis Beautiful Girl will haveto promise to handle with KidGloves , She will be ableto be let out f or exercise BUTnot Picked up to beremoved nor Put backinto her carrier ,

Everyone Will have to be ever vigulant toher stress factor , Rose hasmentionedThat when Tank waswith her before she had a Habitof lunging and Biting , its a stressinduced reaction and mustbe kept in mind. that ITcan happen , Even though it MAYNOT happen .

After seeing the Pictures and Listeningto Rose on the Phone last nightThis Girl has come a very longway in trusting people , I so cantwait to get her Here with me .

Rose she looks great , Thank You somuch for the Photo's Her conditionis much better than I could have hopedfor ! .

DSCN4016.jpg

She's gorgeous, Rose and Gypsy. :inlove:

DSCN4015.jpg

She's already coming around with approaching you. Baby Girlmust be so happy to be back in your company. I'm so happyshe's still alive, Rose!

:hug:

-Carolyn

She's a big beautiful girl and I'm so happy she's coming to a good home. :D

Gypsy, are you planning on breeding her or just spoiling her rotten (as she most definitely deserves)?

Laura

Back