big fat surprisey for gypsy!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know i ran through moreemotions than I knew I had when I foundout how tight their skin wasand someone picking them up that way ,I do rememebr Angerrunning laps around my brainmany many times.

She's still shaking pretty bad when I even get close to her neck. I'm stroking her flanks and sides and she likes it.

Rose

:bigtears: PoorTank. She is such a beautiful rabbit - can't imagine whyanyone would treat her so bad.

Bub gets more of his looks from her and his perosnality fromBunbun. Keep us updated on how she does. I know sheis in great hands with you 2 - Rose and Gypsy.

Tank is developing attitude.:pShe hasstarted shoving me. This is good!! She also comes to the front of thecage to smell me instead of hiding. She seems happy but uncomfortablypreggers.;)

Rose

Poor Tankers ,being pregnant and the heatis enoughtomake anyone uncomfortable , poor baby ,

Im glad sheis showinga bit of tude just watch yourarms , we know what happened before . IM also glad sheis coming to you and nohiding all good signs !!!

Yeah, I can now reach right over her back!!! NO biting so far, and her nudging is cute because she's so bossy.;)

Oh, also, it's cooled off really nicely here. I've got nice fresh hay for her tomorrow.

Rose

P.S. she gets mad and flounces off when I touch her belly, but she doesn't have any fear issues there!:D

LOL Rose it mostlikly tickles and she isnt intotickling tonight lol . tweak herapple dumplins for me .

NO!!! Grrrr, I'm like "hurry UP!":X:p

I'm in that stage where I'm starting to second guess if she's pregnant.;)Then I look at that belly. All I can say is, if she'snot--she needs major deworming!

Seriously, we really don't know when she's due. Like I said, shestarted acting funny around 27-28 days and didn't give birth til 35last time--and I wascounting days then, this time we have noclue when she conceived except that it was within the last month.

What else could it be? She's got a big bulgy belly and thin hips. And she's driving me crazy. Did I mention I HATE waiting???:p

Oh, and gypsy, I got CHINNED last night!! What a shock that was! Shenever has done that--if you think about it, she's never had anyone shewanted to claim.Tank is getting along very well, and is a lotof fun, all happy when I come by the cage and bringtreats.;)Babies or no, I think you'll have fun with her.

Rose

P.S. Do you realize these are Bunbun's grandbabies??

yep Idid ad Isnt it something closerto Awsome than imgined??

Oh I am so glad she Claimed you !!!!!!! what ahuge leap for this wonderful Rabbit. I bet you were in 7th Heaven !!!! Iknow I would have been.

Well I guess she willkindle when she is good and ready, lol she is going to make uswait and wait lol what a brat. I dont think its worms,Unless her Fur is brittle and yucky .that cant be contributed to lack ofquality feed .

rabbitgirl wrote:
Tank is developing attitude.:p?She has started shoving me. Thisis good!! She also comes to the front of the cage to smell me insteadof hiding.

Rose

:tears2:

:rose: That is Beautiful.

Tank's happiest times in her life have, no doubt, been with you.

It didn't take long for her to reveal herself and love you when shefirst came to you; and the second time around, she chinned you in justabout a week? She knows you love her and she loves you dearly for it.

:sunshine:

-Carolyn

gypsy wrote:
yep I did ad Isntit something closer to Awsome thanimgined??

Oh I am so glad she Claimed you !!!!!!! what ahuge leap for this wonderful Rabbit. I bet you were in 7th Heaven !!!! Iknow I would have been.

Well I guess she willkindle when she is good and ready, lol she is going to make uswait and wait lol what a brat. I dont think its worms,Unless her Fur is brittle and yucky .that cant be contributed to lack ofquality feed .

Yes, you're right....and her fur is not at all brittle, it's actually gorgeous. As opposed to Bub-man, who's in full molt.:p

I think Tank bounces back faster than any of us could have imagined.She's really relaxed and happy...should have seen her BEG this morning.She's in the porch, with people coming and going, and every time I comeout she heaves herself up to say hello. It's a lot ofwork!!!;)The chinning thing was AWESOME!! I can't believe shedid. Woke up, chinned me, flopped back down and went back to bed.:p

I'll be patient, really I will....my only worry is when is theconvention again? If I'm right and it's end of Oct., she can stay heretil Oct. 9. That will give us leeway with the babies.

Rose

Gypsy, I am mad enough to spit. I swear, whatever we can do for her is NOT going to make up for the life she's had.

But first! The good news....

You know how she freaked when I brushed her shoulder? Well, today shelet me touch her everywhere. No flinching. Ears, neck, scruff,shoulders.:DShe got to run in the porch, and she was pressedup against my knee smelling everything. She was so curious! She smushesup against the front of the cage when I go by...YOU try and resist thatkind of shameless begging!:D

So the bad news.....what I found when I touched hershoulder.:mad:She's got aweird bone protruding--itfeels like an old break, and a bad one. It's not painful now, she letme feel it and everything and didn't flinch.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong. But I think that solves our mystery.How much do you want to bet someone picked her up by the scruff with abroken shoulder?

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Rose

Oh no, I hope it is not an old broke oranything. Try and get her to a vet to check it out. That way you can beprepaired for older age with arthritist.

When she gets to gypsy, she'll go to the vetstraight away. At this point I'm not going to risk the trauma whileshe's pregnant and settling in. She is happy now, anyway.

Rose

I agree unless something has to be done rightaway. I would not want her to loose her bubs. I am just so happy thatyou are able to get Tank out of there. I am looking forward in hearingmore stories about her as her great new life goes on.

So the bad news.....what I found when I touchedher shoulder.:mad:She's got aweird boneprotruding--it feels like an old break, and a bad one. It's not painfulnow, she let me feel it and everything and didn't flinch.

Maybe I'm wrong. I hope I'm wrong. But I think that solves our mystery.How much do you want to bet someone picked her up by the scruff with abroken shoulder?

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

ok now im angry again:

I hope actually it is an old break itwill actually be easier to fix. the bone will have calcium built uparound it making it easier to drill screws in to .and will create a better hold. which will be a good thing . artheritiswill be minimized with a surgical repair If andwhen xrays demand it .

Rose : can you tell if she canmove easily on the leg or not ,If you get a chance and she isnt tooexhausted have her hop around the porch for a few minutesand see how much pressure she can afford on it. the more the better and theless likely it will needimediate repair , Repair will be neededeventually but I would like to hold oiffuntil I can get her here and tomy vet for xrays and evaluation .

She can dig and walk easily. Doesn't appear tobe in pain. I don't know what it is if it's not an old break, unlessjust a calcium deposit?? But it's not the right shape.

It will be interesting to see what your vet thinks. Can you believe she let me touch that???:shock:

You know that soft down behind the ears, the most vulnerable spot? Iwent all over that and she was fine. What a forgiving nature.

Rose

Latest posts

Back