BIG day

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cher

Reaction score
Tomorrow morning, my little girls will be allgrown up *sniff sniff* we are all getting up at the crack'o'dawn todrive on over to Coquitlam for their scheduled surgery. I have neverhad a doubt in my mind that I wanted my girls spayed, but today I am alittle nervous-jitters tiss all.

I called all the hospitals listed that are in my area and asked somevery pertinent questions, which I must thank the board for whichquestions to ask :) and came away from my flurry of questions with avet that sounds fantastic (I could not book last week because they weretoo busy spaying/neutering all the rabbits in the local SPCA, which Itook to be a good sign)

So Jezebel and Jade say their farewells as full fledged hormone drivengals, and next post they will say a very mellow hello or errrrumph as Ihear sometimes from Jezebel!

Much love

Cher, Jezebel ad Jade

Good luck, Cher. Abby is scheduled for hersurgury this Friday. I know how you feel, I am all for spaying, but Ido hope it doesn't change her personality too much. Now, let's hope Ican find a mechanic to fix my car so I can actually take her there!Stupid power steering belt snapped off the other day. Grumble grumble.

Good luck!! I hope everything goes well with urebaby girls, and they recover with no complications!:)bunbunis gona be going through the same thing next month!!! we gota mellowthese gurls hormones some how ...LOL:p

Wow, we've got a lot of operations coming up. :shock:

It sounds like you found a perfectly capable and professional vet,Cher. Since you had gone through the list of questions and you knowwhat you were looking for, I have full faith that things will be fine.(Stephanie, same thing goes out to you.)

You ladies know a lot about rabbit care at this point and their doctorhas been chosen carefully by you. I trust your judgement. The sooneryou have it done, the better for the baby girls. They're young, strong,healthy and you are doing this to keep them that way and prolong theirlives.

Stephanie, most rabbit's personalities after they're fixed are changedvery slightly, and it's usually noticed in their need to be aggressive,territorial, and frustrated.

As difficult as it is to make the appointment, it really is best to just do it and get it done.

In today's day and age, the majority of rabbits pull through these operations just fine be it neutering or spaying.

Jade, Jez, and Abby will most certainly be in my thoughts, heart, and prayers this week, as will their mothers.

Do keep us posted as soon as they're out surgery.

-Carolyn

I dont know any vets in ohio where i go toschool. should i start looking around and get angie spayed in november?im worried about it because the vet i took her to when i first got heris in massachusetts, and i dont want to put off her surgery until imthere again, (which might be this christmas, if i take her home, causeim worried about the trip, or it might be much later than that), but idont know if i can give her all the attention she needs for postsurgery here... and... sigh...
well...

what are you all's ideas for Angie's spay day?

Thanks everyone :) The vet called today andre-scheduled the girls ~seems the vet I want is unable to come intomorrow so I am sticking with hisschedule and waiting tillFlyday :p

Cher

Well Gir is still a couple of months away fromgetting the snip snip but he is getting that quick. I amsaving up for it now. Guinevere's spay was around 125 butthat vet is far away from me... dunno, he might go there if I cant findanother option, and he would stay with his grandparents for a couple ofdays.

It'll be an unMerry Christmas for Gir :shock:

*sniff sniff*

I am now bunless~it just aint right :(

*sniff, oh my how I miss my Jezebel and Jaden......they are going tokeep them overnight since it is quite the drive out to get them and itsbest for them (worse for mamma) to not have the stress of rush hourupon them.

UP and OUT Saturday morning to pick my two (NEVER been at home without them before) little girls

Lonely Cher, who is off to drown her sorrows in a non-fat decaf pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks.......

shuffle

shuffle

AWWW Cher, You poor bunless mommy. Hadto laugh at the thought of you shuffling off to Starbucks (don't theirlattes rock?). Don't worry, your baby girls will be homesoon, and expecting their mom to run around after them until they fullyrecover. Let us know how they goton - Jan

I HAVE BUNS!!!

woot

So happy, Jezebel is very tender and a little grumpy but happy to behome and nibbled a bit. Jaden is doing quite well and hasassumed the sexy pose position in her cage and is eating like usual :)

I was sooo happy to pick them up this morning, I did the happy bunny mom dance

Thanks all for your thoughts

xoxo

Cher, and the NEW Jezebel and Jaden!!!!

Thank-you for YOUR happy dances...........

Day 2 of being home, and I just read some other folks experiences ofbringing home their kids. So far so good, mind you Jezebel seems to bea couple hours behind of Jaden in the recovery aspect of things. Shehad some bruising from the surgery but last night she left gifts ofraisins in her box.

My question is--> How long should they be in recovery (caged)until the romping can re-continue? I know each rabbit differs in theirrecovery time, but a vague idea would be good (just to ease my mind) Ifeel so bad to see Jezebel with her little head down, but I dont wantto risk anything by letting her out to early-I let Jaden out last nightjust to have a quick groom of Jezebels head and she ran for under thecouch where pineapple wouldnt even coax her out!

Cher

YAY Cher!

My girls are fine! Do you still have some NutriCal left? If you do, give them each an inch of it for a boost.

As to them healing, as you said, each rabbit is different. You'll beable to tell by their battle wounds and their energy. If they'rehurting, they won't push it. That said, I'd keep them quiet for atleast a week and see how it goes from there. A burst of energy couldhave them tear a bit where they were stitched up. If they want to movearound, by all means let them, but just don't let them get going wherethey're overexerting themselves.

Be the Great Mom that you are, as I said to Stephanie, trust yourinstincts. You'll know when enough's enough for their out time.

The fact that they even care to be hopping around is a great sign! Woo Hoo!

Kiss them for me and Tucks and Fauna.

Love,
-Carolyn

Cher wrote:
*sniff sniff*

I am now bunless~it just aint right :(

*sniff, oh my how I miss my Jezebel and Jaden......they are going tokeep them overnight since it is quite the drive out to get them and itsbest for them (worse for mamma) to not have the stress of rush hourupon them.

UP and OUT Saturday morning to pick my two (NEVER been at home without them before) little girls

Lonely Cher, who is off to drown her sorrows in a non-fat decaf pumpkin spice latte at Starbucks.......

shuffle

shuffle

I missed this pathetic post completely.

I hope you enjoyed the pumpkin spice latte that night while your girlswere in a strange place, in a strange land, going under the knife thenext day. :shock:

You're a Piece of Work. I love your posts so much. Thank God Canadatook good care of your baby girls. Now they can venture back to Chinawith no worries.

So Happy, Cher.
I'm so happy. :)

I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that I have the picture you sentto me of their Avatar on my dresser mirror. The only pictures Ihave on my dresser mirror is Jesus's, Jade & Jez, and my niece andnephew.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back