Benjamin and Twinkle - My Bonded Babies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RebeccaUK

Reaction score
Hello All, I though it was about time that Istarted a home thread for my babies Benjamin and Twinkle - so here aresome photos of my bunnies. Sorry that each picture appears ina different post - unfortunately I do not have any web space with myphotos on as they are all on my hard drive.

Ok, 1st one coming up....

Here are Benjamin (left) and Twinkle (Right) arguing over a cauliflower leaf.

Love the pics :)

Benji looks a lot like Salvaje what breed is he? Did you get them at the same age?
Im worried Salvaje will never accept another bun.....he is spoiled.......
Salvaje is 2........Thanks for sharing...

Hi Everyone - thanks for posting.Benjamin is doing loads better - he is not quite 100% but I'd say he'sabout 75% feeling better so I'm happy.

The whole episode seems to have renewed my love for my bunnies - notthat it needed renewing as I've always been head-over-heels crazy forthem but it kinds made me realise that I should take stock of whatgreat bunnies I have and really address how much I love them.

I have a few more pictures on my PC at work (i'm at home now) so I will post them on Monday to add to the thread.

Hi Salvaje - we don't know what breed Benjamin is - just an agouticross. We got Benjamin at 12 weeks old and he lived alone fora year and a bit - he too was a typical spoiled rabbit who sometimescould be vicious and I thought bonding him would be impossible but Isaw Twinkle at the RSPCA and loved her so much that I had to give it ago between them - we have no idea of her age as the RSPCA found her'wandering' in a neighbourhood and couldn't trace her owners.They both bonded so well - it took time and patience but I will neverkeep a lone bunny again now I've seen the joy of a bonded pair.

Hi Vickie - I love that run too- hubby built it when we firstgot Benjamin and my next door neighbours asked us if we were getting apig as it's so roomy! It measures approx 3.5 m x3.5m. It actually only cost around £30 for the materials -just some wod and some thin wire and then bolted all together - tookhubby about a day to build it, it has a lift up lid so I can get insideto clean it out.

Awsome to hear that Ben is coming around sonicely :) I wish I had the space for an outdoor run, but we live in anapartment building basically in the middle of town so my rabbits willhave to deal with running the living room until I can get themharnesses and what not..

attachment.php

How adorable is this picture?! Benjamin just looks so relaxed. Twinkle is a very pretty girl - they make a lovely couple :)

Jan

I love your bunnies. All the pictures are so cute. :) Looks like they have a lot of fun together.

RebeccaUK wrote:
Hi Vickie - I love that run too- hubby built itwhen we first got Benjamin and my next door neighbours asked us if wewere getting a pig as it's so roomy! It measures approx 3.5 mx 3.5m. It actually only cost around £30 for the materials -just some wod and some thin wire and then bolted all together - tookhubby about a day to build it, it has a lift up lid so I can get insideto clean it out.
Rebecca I'm glad that Benjamin is on the mend. Great news!! :colors:

I'm really going to have to mither Ryan about this now. I've wanted abig run for so long and now that we have the room, I'm going to pesterhim with "Well look Dear, It only took Rebecca's hubby a day to make."Wow I'm suprised it only cost you £30 too, thats great.

Vickie

Hi Vickie - keep wearing your other half down!!!

I've quizzed my hubby on it - he said the mesh was £20 a roll fromB&Q (in late 2003) but there is cheaper wire mesh than the onewe chose - think you can get chicken wire cheaper but I was insistentthat we got themesh with really small holes.Thewood, hinges etc he got all that for £10, again from B&Q - thewood comes in really long lengths and is not at all expensive....justneeds cutting down to size.

Rebecca

Back