Becca's Beautiful Bunnies Business

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to try and write in this blog everyday!

Okay, the bunnies have just been tucked up to bed and fed their carrot. I'm going to try and introduce more veggies as they don't get many yet - Bad I know :shock:

I need to risk asking mum to buy more veggies, I can imagine it now

"Mu-um can we get some more vegetables?"
"Why?"
"For the bunnies!"
"Rebecca I'm not buying extra vegetables for the bunnies!"
"But Mu---mm:X"

And it goes on, Can bunnies eat raisens?

Yes, they can have raisins, but only as a treat. I give mine a couple maybe twice a week. As for the veggies.....I buy veggies separately for the buns :bagheadIt's anywhere from $5-8 a week.

Okay Thanks, I may buy a couple of small packs of raisens for treatys :p I think I am going to pick a couple of veggies for the buns and see what they like.

How many different veggies do you all give your bunnies?

I only give mine romaine, italian and curly parsley and cilantro. I've tried dandelion leaves, kale, and collard greens, but they don't care for them.

I'd really like to hear what others have to say on this as well. I'd like to know what other bunnies fav veggies are to get an idea of something else I can try!

RexyRex wrote:
I'd really like to hear what others have to say on this as well. I'd like to know what other bunnies fav veggies are to get an idea of something else I can try!
Same, I'm just about to ask mum :?

Woooo she just said "Yeahh Okay!!!" :D

Woop Woop!

[align=center]Dippy
D is for Dotty Thats What You Are
I is for Intelligent Such A Clever Little Guy
P is for Perfect your my little man
P is for pretty have you seen your nose?
Y is for young, your young and free living with me

:D

[align=left]That was random and on the spot but oh well :biggrin2:
[/align][/align]

Benjamin is out in the run for the first time at my house :D It's been so wet I didn't want to put him out becuase he's only lickle :)

I worked out he is exactly 2 months and 14 days today!
Dippy is 11 months and 6 days
Fluffball
is 10 months 24 days

I think :shock: It's difficult to work out on your fingers hehe!

Awwh, I wish I'd got a picture of Benjamin's hair after he had been outside in the wind! Bless him, he looked a bit like a rock star!!

Becca :carrot

Today Dad's getting down a few of the Christmas dec's for the photo phile contest! The buns are about to be cleaned out.

I can't wait to see the photos!!!

Minda

Aww your dad is so nice for bringing the decorations down for you.

JadeIcing wrote:
Aww your dad is so nice for bringing the decorations down for you.
Yup - sure is, I can't beleive he does all stuff for the bunnies like make cages and stuff he said he didn't want to be involvled ;)

Becca wrote:
Benjamin is out in the run for the first time at my house :D It's been so wet I didn't want to put him out becuase he's only lickle :)

Fluffball
is 10 months 24 days

Good idea on holding off for Benjamin in the run- wouldn't want him to catch a cold!

Hmmm, you inspired me. Flynn is exactly five months and ten days old! :) And yes, it IS hard to count on fingers. That's why I cheated and used my ical. GOOOO MACS! :)

Jess_sully wrote:
Becca wrote:

Fluffball
is 10 months 24 days

Good idea on holding off for Benjamin in the run- wouldn't want him to catch a cold!

Hmmm, you inspired me. Flynn is exactly five months and ten days old! :) And yes, it IS hard to count on fingers. That's why I cheated and used my ical. GOOOO MACS! :)
LOL! :D

Here is Benjamin's entry for the contest :D

DSC00678.jpg

Here is that picture I was looking for with Fluffball and the hat!

SP_A1800.jpg

Here are some much needed updates1

Sunday 16th November:
Dippy came inside up to my room and he obviously thought I needed a wash as he kept licking me!

Then I read him a bit of a book, he kept nudging me so I kept dropping it!!

Next we let Benjamin run around the summer house while we cleaned it up.
It was binky mad! He actually binkyed OVER my head when I was sitting/laying on the floor!
Then I gave them their veggies and more hay, tucked them up and went in side.
Obviously checking Fluffball every so often.
I'd also texted Tracy saying Fluffball had made a sort of nest but with no fur yet.

Monday 17th November:
What a day!!
While I was at school I got a text from mum saying Fluffball was sitting in her nest. I told her to look for fur. Mum said yes there was fur inside - I was getting rather excited! Science last lesson went super slowly.
When I got back, I got my phone light, (it's quite dark in the shed) and peeped in the nest. There was a bit of blood and A KIT!! When I looked closely it looked rather.. well dead. Not knowing at all what to do I phoned Tracy millions of times willing her to answer. Eventually she did (she was driving before) I had left her a message.
She phoned me and calmed me down, I couldn't stop shaking.
At this point I was also talking to Sophie on msn she was helping as best I could. I had Tracy on handsfree and Sophie on msn. They told me to go and get the kit and try and warm him up. Luckily my mum came in the door becuase I didn't want Fluffball to try and attack me. She picked up the kit while I distracted Fluffball.
We tried to warm him up, then noticed he only had 1 ear and had blood out of his nose.
I tried not to be sad, I kept telling myself that you can't be upset about something that probably never even lived.
We kept the kit inside for ages trying to warm him up but he never did. We had lost him. We thought maybe Fluffball was still in labour so Tracy told me what to do. (Sorry Sophie that I didn't answer for ages I was in and out of the house like a yoyo)
We put the kit on a box under Fluffball's cage, he's still their now actually we don't know where to put him. But we're going to have a funeral for him tomorrow.

Me, Emily and mum were worried about Fluffball so we decided to take her to the vets. We didn't have an appointment or anything we just went and we had to wait like 3 mins then we were in. The palpating only took about 4 mins and it was £8!!
He checked her all over she started to look more alert, maybe she was just abit sore and tender.
Oh I forgot to add while me and mum were outside Emily was talking to Tracy on the phone about Fluffball :)

The vet said that there were no more babies, though i was peering at his screen and it said that Fluffball wa 8 months old when she's not UGH.

I have a few pictures of the kit becuase he was so special, Fluffball's baby. Emily named him Frederick. Don't ask! She just said it and it stuck!

I'm still going to check on Fluffy every so often to make sure she's okay!

Gosh that was a long blog post :?

Today I went round 'bunnyfood's' house, she currently has 8 buns, she started with 4, 2 boys and 2 girls.

They were bred. They kept 3 babies from the litters, so then they had 7 then they went and brought a girl rex called Coco from A PET SHOP :grumpy:

Anyway that makes 8.

Not one of them will let you pick him/her up easily. I think it is horrible, I understand what Peg meant now. The more bunnies the more time you have to spend - I got a few very nasty deep scratches from these buns today. They stay as far away from you as possible. And when I got back you know what made me feel really great was when it was pitch black and I went to feed Dippy and he started licking my hands and face.
How great was that, 8 bunnies didn't want to go near anyone then I stand in the cold with Dippy who had a late dinner becuase I was out late and he starts licking me with loving affectionate passion.

That has really made my day :D

Latest posts

Back