Baxter! & Babs: A Dating Tail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He looks just like Baxter! but his markings are dark brown to dark grey. :biggrin:

Will work on pics next week;

how do I change my "signature block" to include him and should enter in the kitten as well.

Tah-Dah; here is Harpo up close! He always has "that" look on his face when he is deciding how much force should he put behind his bite.

This was a couple of years ago when he first arrived at the shelter (he had to grow into his ears); he's still not that big, but thanksfully his ears did shrink :shock:

and here he is with his brother Zeppo.. (harps is the darker of the 2)..

Isn't he a little cutie-pie?!! His eyes look so big...! Certainly gives him a baby-bunny look/quality that potential adopters should like.

I do hope you are able to make him understand that being a good bunny will be the best thing for him. I think that sometimes they just need the quiet of being out of a shelter, and fewer hands coming at them or invading their territory.

Good luck with your little foster guy. :D

Harpo has never bitten me; almost every other person who volunteers, but he's let me slide; I also think it has alot to do with menot just opening his pen and stickingmy hands inside without asking him first. Noone practicesproper manners anymore. :D

So, now that you popped in to say "hi," how's stuff going with you? I mean, we can't wait to find out about the bunnies, but it would be nice to know if you're doing okay also.:)

Funny how bunnies just move in and take over your world.. Yes I'm doing well, works good, most outside activities is revolving around the shelter I volunteer at, which is all healthy and then there is the constant consideration on weekends of "I should really clean out that [insert closet, storage shed, various room here] and then I finish that thought with "after one more round of Monopoly" on my ipod touch. Its a skill to be as lazy as I can be...:big wink: But all in all life is good.

juliew19673 wrote:
Funny how bunnies just move in and take over your world.. Yes I'm doing well, works good, most outside activities is revolving around the shelter I volunteer at, which is all healthy and then there is the constant consideration on weekends of "I should really clean out that [insert closet, storage shed, various room here] and then I finish that thought with "after one more round of Monopoly" on my ipod touch. Its a skill to be as lazy as I can be...:big wink: But all in all life is good.
:yeahthat: Sometimes.... ya know... it's just too easy to sit for a bit too long messing around with not-so-important stuff. My thing is spider solitare. Stupid game.... :coolness:

Thanks Northern Autumn - nice to be back; noticing that Baxter! and Gabs are having a "situation" as Gabs (female - Alpha Bun) can smell (guessing) Harpo, the Foster bun, and Bax is just "clueless".. Gabby seems to be at odds and chasing poor Bax around. Thinking that I might start limiting their space (Xpen when I'm not home). Gabby is becoming destructive (digging carpet and now being mean with Bax and the kitten). The other 2 are fine - not sure what to do?

Hi jan! Well things have quieted down on the homefront; Bax, Gabs and the kitten are back to their "quirky" lil pack; Harpo the Aggressor (the foster bun) has now been renamed to "Harpo the Cuddler"; really, he is quite obnoxious about the amount of time he needs me to cuddle him each evening (cuddles are not to be had during daylight)- its like he is making up for the last 2 years.

Funny last night I was watching TV in the living room and saw Gabs all stretched out on her side, back legs crossed, eys shutand she just looked SO relaxed; then about 20 minutes later I take a peek and she is in the same position; whichby this time I've becomeconcerned :shock:, so being the obnoxious human that I am, I start to walk over to her, calling her name repeatedly; she wakes up - throws me a nasty glance and runs into the bedroom; so fine, she's apparently not dying or sick.

Then about 30 minutes later she is doing it again! - laying on the floor - all spread out, eyes completely shut, dozing off, but this time she throws in the deep sleep whisker shakes and her lil front paws are twitching; sonow I'm convinced she'shaving a seizure or somethingso thestupid human goes in the bedroom calling "Gabs? you ok?" - at this point she jumps up :Xand actually "flipped me the bird" and ran off to complain to Baxter!... I honestly have never in the last year, seen her so completely relaxed, but I think I successfully stopped that behaviour and she will never try it again! :wink

Gosh! What a mean bunny-mom you are!! Waking Gabby up during sleepy-bunny time... Honestly, she probably said a few choice words under her breath as well as giving you'the look.' ;)

Glad to hear things are getting back to normal, and that Harpo has decided that good humans are a good reason to change his attitude. Good for you!! :D

"Poor Gabby"? she's a MINX I tell you- and too smart for her britches..

Gabby knows how to use tools (if she had opposable thumbs - I'd be really worried). The other night she was all about periscoping in the living room while staring upstairs at the loft (where the Foster bun Harpo is residing). This particular night Harpo was still outside on the loft patio; well sometime during the evening Gabby pushed a small chair in the living room - next to the table that is next to the stairs and jumped from one to the other and then was able to bypass the baby gate I have on the stairs (for just this reason - to keep buns out of the loft). Ta dah! I awoke to her doing binkies in the loft when she saw me walk up the stairsto give Harpo his breakfast :X. the screen door was closed so all they were able to due was to introduce themselves and lay down a few hundred territorial poos each...

Now this AM about 5 days later (and after moving chair away, and the gate up higher, etc) Gabby broke through my tight security and was back in the loft, however this time, Harpo was in an Xpen in the loft (he still has access to the patio, I just put the Xpen upto the patio door so now if its gets to cold/rainy (been bad here in So cali bthe last couple of weeks) he can run inside. Solast nightGabby had apparently stuck her nose through the xpen bars and Harpo gave her a good bite on her upper lip. :shock:

I've seen the bite a number of times at the shelter when one buns xpen was placed just a tad to close to another. Poor Gabby I think thought that since she is in charge of all of the other animals here Harpo would certainly bow down to her. Think I may have to pen up both her and Bax when I go to sleep as I just don't know how much 007/secret agent skills Gabby has..

Harpo seems no worse for the wear, but noticided today Bax and the kitten were walking on eggshells around Gabby..

Growing pains are not fun, but bun behaviour and their trying to work out their heirarchy is curious to watch.

The silliest thing to come out of Gabby getting knipped is that she is now SO much more comfortable with me petting her?

She's bonded and/ore trusts me a little more. Or I think she saw her prior shelter friend and is now saying "Your O.K.). Lol.

Whichever it is - I'm thankful.

Latest posts

Back