Baxter! & Babs: A Dating Tail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juliew19673

Reaction score
OK so here I go, trying to tell Baxter!'s story (hope Ido him justice)..

Baxter! yes with an "!" exclamation point (as he is all business and does not have alot of patience with "mere" humans) was "gotchaed" by my old roommate on a collective friends front lawn one night last March when it was VERY cold out (well, for Los Angeles it was cold - about 47/50 degrees).. My girlfriend callsme ina "fit" of hysterics, telling me of her most recent find of homeless animal (she can find anything! when we lived together we nursed Opossums, feral cats, dogs, birds - you name it - bless her heart - I truly believe she is on earth to hunt out the animal that needs help, regardless of their breed)..

Anyhow - when she called, I told her to give "it" a carrot and walk away.. She became hysterical (litterally - HYSTERICALL, that high "pitchy" voicewe Women do when not being taking seriously and are overly hormonal?!)..She screams that he was starving,SO skinny and she could not leave, nor could she take it home as she had just rescused a dog, has 2 cats, 2 fish and a frog.. And all"we" had was one 19 year old cat that she and I had gotten together when we were in are early twenties -"how could I not take it in".. Sigh.. :(

To make her stop "screaching" I said - "fine" -just bring him to me and I'll figure it out.. Sigh..:X

I made a call to my Boyfriend Eric to let him know that "there is going to be a bunny running around "somewhere" when you get home from work - don't freak out.. His reply "Bunny? why?? what did Tami do? :shock:.........sigh... (Nothing like trying to"BE" "Sweden" betweeen the Mate and the Best Friend!!)...

.........Sigh............:(

So Tamimakes it to my home - I go out to meet her and here is this - "Tiny", "Little", seriously - Half Starvedbunny ina carrier (Tami keeps one in her car for just this situation) and he is SO Cute.. I "thank" her (honestly?! my thanks were"your going to pay for his food right?" and your going to help me find him a home - RIGHT!")

....sigh....:tantrum:

I take him inside - not knowing this bun from Job/Jesus and put him into my bathroom.. I gave him a carrot, lettuce (iceburg mind you - poor thing) and blankie along with acat box full of newspaper and sat with him for a time. He, was not scared wholeheartedly,and was hopping about, checking out his new digs and me (wanted alot of nose rubs) but -Pooping EVERYWhere he hopped.. I really thought in the initial days of having Baxter! that buns just pooed 24/7 - lol..

Ijumped on Google that night and researched the best I could to find out what he needed and at least found out that he should be fed hay... Which I picked up the next morning, along with some "GREAT" KayTee crap pellets for him to choke down.. LOL!

Over the next couple of weeks he made it to the Vet, the rescue pet store had given me at a discount, a bunny hutch that he could stay in and found R.O. (thank God! -truly Amen!), so that I got him off of that horrible KayTee food I had him on..

After I had gotten him checked out by the Vet and had his diet figured out - I noticed on this site, howSO many people let their buns run "wild" through their house I really thought I had to get Baxter! rehomed to one ofYOUR homes.. So I started to place him on craiglist, petfinders (and RO)..Within 7 hours of doing so, I had a number of responses from you all on this site - suggesting that I, might possibly, bethe best home for Baxter! (which in all honesty, I thought you were all crazy - as I didn't know buns from worms and it could all go "South" so quickly - in my minds eye)..

But then I read on "Katts Blog" (would put a link, but not sure if that is PC) -thestory of the "Briar Patch"and started to cry and thought "I can't EVER give up this little guy." He had already beento the Briar Patch. I can do at least, better than thatand what if someone else doesn't like that he pooes alot (he is now litter box trained and did not take ANY time at to get trained, just a stable home - !!Awwwww - such a good boy!).

So here we sit a couple of months later and am SO happy that he is part of my family (mind you the cat - Tbone, disagrees).He - Baxter! has opened my eyes and world to so many new experinces, such as meeting so many nice people on RO..

To all of you on R.O.and - Baxter!, I'll be forever grateful..

YAY! :D A Baxter! blog! Been waiting for you to start one :D!

What a cute little story, I'm glad Baxter! is with you too! What a goofy little dude.

I agree, I think we need more pictures :D!

Ya know I kept looking for your blog. I was sure you must have one but couldn't find it :p

SO get the piccies happenng :biggrin2::biggrin2:I have been looking forward to seeing Baxter!

Oh and yeah see once you get a bun you get hooked pretty quickly :p

Thanks guys - glad you enjoyed Baxter's! Blog thus far.. As I do not have a camera for still shots I've taken video that I've edited down..

Today was a lazy - lets watch Mom clean day and as its still cold Baxter! had to spend the day inside - but I let him out of his "bedroom" from time to time (when he was awake - Baxter! can sleep quite a bit when push comes to shove.. So first I'll show you his "bedroom" (located in my bedroom) and his general inside area:

And shortly after that video - he went to his favorite play thing the cat box..

Silly bun!

What a cool cage! :D He seems to really like it too, hehe aww! He reminds me so much of my Jasmine, it's crazy!

The video of him in the kitty litter box is SO Cute! I love when they flop like that!

Spring wrote:
What a cool cage! :D He seems to really like it too, hehe aww! He reminds me so much of my Jasmine, it's crazy!

The video of him in the kitty litter box is SO Cute! I love when they flop like that!
Is that Jasmine in your Avatar? If so I think its Baxter's! long lost sister and I must come to claim her! LOL.. Yes, Baxter! loves to flop in Tbones cat box, much to Tbones dismay.. :X

He thinks it's his little bed!

I love when they rolly flop tho. I mean, there are flops and then there are those really intense, "let-me-roll-into-this-one" flops! I love that!

OMG I completely forgot about yesterdays DBF and wish I could have gotten it on film.. Baxter! was in his pen and he put his front paw behind his ear - proceeded to do a half summersolt (sp? been a long time since I pulled that word out) into a full on DBF with all legs in the air!! I just cracked up at him - he loves his DBF's..

When we are at my office I'll be typing away and hear a "thud" under my desk and will peek down and yup, shore enough he is tranced out in his DBF sucking his toes..

BTW - LOVE this blog thing - so self indulgent and so fun to look back.. :D

I was also waiting for you to start a blog on Baxter! ;)

He looks like such a sweet little guy...so calm and relaxed, and he even lets you pet him! I guess the dig then flop thing is a common behavior among bunnies because I've seen Billy do that one too and it's always really cute. Also, love the cage you've built for him. It looks nice and spacious :)

Thanks -- appreciate the feedback and now am (sorry) trying to test out my new link to the blog.. was "hinky" before and had the huge URL address.. sigh.. such a learing curve to something I thought I knew.. :(

I have noticed that you mention taking Baxter! to work several times. What kind of occupation do you have that allows you to take a bunny, of all animals, to work with you, if you don't mind my asking. Is it the company you work for more-so than the type of work? Just wondering, I will need a job soon and I think I have become too neurotic to leave Patch and Luna for more than four hours at a time. I might have to find a place that has "Take your bunny to work day" all week long. lol :DBaxter! is one lucky guy if he actually gets to go hang out with mom for a whole day. :p

myheart

IN the info of my user name location, posts, etc. it reads to me for the blog:http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=36071&forum_id=6

Not Baxter! a tale of a Los Angeles Bachelor Hobo..

But instead I see = a long Http address and not just the - thats what I'm talking about.. Perhaps I see it differently than the rest? For example -in Polly's "square" her blog reads "Nethies by Name are Mischief..."..

Does that make sense?

Latest posts

Back