Baxter! & Babs: A Dating Tail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
myheart wrote:
I have noticed that you mention taking Baxter! to work several times. What kind of occupation do you have that allows you to take a bunny, of all animals, to work with you, if you don't mind my asking. Is it the company you work for more-so than the type of work? Just wondering, I will need a job soon and I think I have become too neurotic to leave Patch and Luna for more than four hours at a time. I might have to find a place that has "Take your bunny to work day" all week long. lol :DBaxter! is one lucky guy if he actually gets to go hang out with mom for a whole day. :p

myheart
I work for a motion picture bond company (very dry work) and I'm the Admn for our small company (14 employees); We moved to a new location about a year ago and one of the MANY requests from the employee was to make sure that we could bring dogs to work (this was the main idea as who would bring their cat? and I didn't have Baxter! at the time); so each employee has their own office (well accept for the Receptionist) so that you can safely bring your "dog" in; We're right next to a great park that has an area specific for the dogs; so when I got Baxter! it just made sense that he too can come in and play; he's one of the best office animals as he makes no noise - but in the begining to he did bite 3 employees :shock:..

He generall just sleeps under my desk all day and when someone comes in I just tell them now not to pet him - just let him hop around as he's always curious about them (well if he's not tired).. Also, the only rule is - if your pet breaks it/soils it - you pay to fix it or clean it up - so I bunny proofed everything so far so good.

I'll have to post a video of him at the office - he just DBF's all day.

How great that you get to bring him to work with you! I'd bring Elf to my classroom, but I would be too afraid that the kids would be mean to him.

Oooh most definetly - one of the guys I work with brought his 5 year old daughter to work (who is not well behaved) and she had a tantrum when I told her she coudn't play with him..

but in the begining to he did bite 3 employees :shock:..

Well he is a perfect guard rabbit :biggrin2:lucky you I keep threatening to take mine into work i wonder if any of teh clients would like a bunny massage :p

polly wrote:
but in the begining to he did bite 3 employees :shock:..

Well he is a perfect guard rabbit :biggrin2:lucky you I keep threatening to take mine into work i wonder if any of teh clients would like a bunny massage :p

Well Polly in Baxter's! defense he did bite everyone prior to being fixed.. Now he has learned to just "put his teeth" on you and not bite down - but I still would never expose him to that 5 years old...

However here today, he just learned how to jump ontop of my desk (floor - to chair - to desk - ta-dah!) which makes me a bit nervous to leave him in here; while in a meeting I my asst to pretend that I got a call so that I could run down and make sure he's still sleeping (which he was).. May have to bring in a small Nic pen for him for my office he keeps it up..

I am so pleased you started a blog .I remember reading when you were thinking of rehoming him, and I am so glad you didn't - I really think Baxter! has the best home he could have with you. He obviously loves you and his awesome cage :)

Those videos are too cute - I love how he has 'claimed' TBone's litter box :D

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
Those videos are too cute - I love how he has 'claimed' TBone's litter box :D

Jan
Wow Jan now that you say that - I never even thought about it and it also explains why when he jumps on the bed he is contantly licking/chining my pillows as Tbone gets to sleep w/me and poor Baxter! has to sleep in his bunny condo (I cover it with a blanket at night - more for the reason that Tbone likes to jump down and hiss at him and also, so he doesn't see me snuggle Tbone.. :(

LuvaBun wrote:
I am so pleased you started a blog .I remember reading when you were thinking of rehoming him, and I am so glad you didn't - I really think Baxter! has the best home he could have with you.

Jan you know its been a few many years since I rescued an animal (they used to come to my door by the DROVES, but then I moved to Los Angeles proper - and not an animal to be had other than birds - so yes Baxter! found me by a "weird" way and I am SO VERY GLAD I have the opportunity to have him in my life!

I really have to thank all of you that "talked me down" when I REALLY pushed to get him rehomed, me keeping him did more for ME than (well who knows for sure) than for him finding a new home.

I'd like to think I'm the "best caregiver everfor him"but I'm not going to answer for Baxter! But w/no regrets on my part and am thankful for getting the fascinatling insight into a breed of animal I never thought about - its really magic!

Now talk my 19 year old catand explain this"magic"and my life would be GOLDEN! LOL..

I am so glad some of us on the forum helped in your decision, that's so cool! I know you love Baxter!. Glad you have stuck around and tried to find help for him and you, that's very commendable.:) I want to see a new pic of the Bax!:p

AngelSnuffy and All of you that have "talked me down" and put up with my endless questions -thanks for the collective support over the last couple of months that I signed on to the forum - Everyone has been such a HUGE help in figuring everything out - thank you one and all!

So tonight, I'm so irritated with myself, I went to work with the task of getting aBaxter! video while he "worked" inmyoffice (video consisted of him asleep under my desk - so count your blessing's) but I deleted them while reviewing them, before I uploaded them (trying to clear out the camera and held delete a "tad" to long apparently.. sigh.. live and learn).

So I thought instead I'd run into the bedroom and see if Baxter! was up to anythingsilly as he had been placed back into his pen when I first came home from work(he needs a nap when he comes home) and had been up and about for about an hour or so - romping about by himself while I cooked dinner. So going in I find him "holed" up in his pen that was open - which is not weird perse, but he was acting a little odd.. Here is the video:

After recording it and talking to him about his desire to NOT want to come out of the pen I hear a loud "BEEP"! coming from somewhere in the bedroom? Itturned out to be the smoke alarm, apparently the battery was running low so it BEEP'S loudly about every5 minutes - poor Baxter! had been there by himself for a little over hour and was startled by this sound! LOL! I swiftly found the offending mechanism and slayed it!

Gave me a good laugh and made me think to not always go to the place of "OMG whats wrong w/Baxter!".. Newbie bun owners.. Baxter! almost got hauled off to the Vet tomorrow.. (EDIT: Baxter! was hauled off to the Vet once before when I was convinced he had ear mites only to hear from the Vet, nope - I think he was just doing a half binkie for you - which mind you, Slavetoabunny had suggested, to me but I was to neurotic to believe - I have thus learned otherwise.)

Enjoy my neuroticism (not really evident on tape - but I was concerned)...

I'm not really sure if he cares or not? When we took our first drive together to go the Vet he was all digging and active in the carrier; this has subsided and now he just kinda "chills", unless traffic gets bad and he's stuck to long then I open the top and he stands up and periscopes around, looks out the window and usually settles back down.. I'm trying to work him up to a doggy seatbelt setup - so that he doesn't have to sit in a carrier but can sit in the seat, be secured butbe able to move around. But that I think (if it will even work) will take sometime.. But in the interim I'm just going to keep taking him in about 4 days a week (so that he gets the attention is the main reason I take him or if its inclement (sp?) weather.. He gets attention and my cat gets a break from him - its a win/win situation as I see it..

On a separate thread and as I came across the video when looking through photobucket and wanted to share some other areas of my life, which I just find funny,it requires a "bit" of a backstory - so bare with me..

I'm the youngest of 3 kids, My sis Sue is 49, my bro Rick is 47 and I turn 43 next month; on this unexpected trip to Oregon (where my family lives) was when I took the video (last February 2008), my sisters' husband had passed away from Cancer; she is yes -a Widow at 49 w/2 kids; my Nephew Liam- 10 andLinnea who is 5. I will miss Will always butthankfully, youcan "see" him clearly in my Nephew Liam.

Unfortunately the week my brother in law died, was the same week my brother and his wife had planned an elaborate long trip on a cruise/florida thing; so my brother and his wife left for the cruise (mind you a couple of days after Wills death) and I obviously was therealready for mySister, so we all collectively decided I would stay at my brother house to watch his son, my nephew Ian who is 14, along with My Mom, Barbara who is 79 (and has had a few strokes, but holding her own - she still has her own apt) andSue's two kids asmy Sister was dealing with being in the middle of remodeling her housethat she and Will had been trying to finish, just before he died. So I just kept all the kids at my brothers so they would not be in the way and get away from where Dad had died (it was awful, they saw him have the heartache at home, poor kids - doing ok now though happy to report).

So to the silly part of this post - my brother has 2 dogs - both dachsunds, one old about 11 and one very young (about 2 I think - "Cooper the Pooper" my Mother and Iknicknamed him, sweet dog, but spoiled)..

One night I was just playing around with my video camera w/my Nieceand Cooper decided his favorite spot was to jump on my Moms shoulders as she read and to chew on his bone (very loud - doesn't really come across on the video).. My Mother being as sweet as she is doesn't even flinch as she is just trying to read her book..

My Niece and I thought this was quite hysterical and decided to video tape a seesion..

Take a look:

:)

That's SO cute! I love weiner dawgs! My big aussie will lay on me to chew her bone..... she's 70 lbs!!!

Your mum must be close to "Saint" status.. lol. Nice video, reminded me of something my grandmother would have done--bless her sole.

I also love your videos of Baxter!. He is such a handsome young man. I do enjoy watching his flop. I wish I could catch Patrick's flop because it is a production to get the height needed to do a total flop. When the flop is completed, Patrick just looks so round in the tummy, it makes me laugh.

myheart

Baxter! is such a good looking bunny, I love him. And I know how he must have felt with that alarm beeping. Years ago the same thing happened to me (John had put a smoke alarm in and I didn't know :p). I nearly had a fit wondering what the loud, totally annoying beep was, so I can sympathise :D.

The video of Cooper and your mom is so funny - like it's the most natural thing in the world to have a dog chewing a bone in your ear :D!!!

So sad about your brother in law, so young too. Glad to hear his kids are coping OK.

Keep the pics and vids coming :)

Jan

I literally LOL'd at the cat litter box flop! What a cute and very happy bunny!

juliew19673 wrote:
Spring wrote:
What a cool cage! :D He seems to really like it too, hehe aww! He reminds me so much of my Jasmine, it's crazy!

The video of him in the kitty litter box is SO Cute! I love when they flop like that!
Is that Jasmine in your Avatar? If so I think its Baxter's! long lost sister and I must come to claim her! LOL.. Yes, Baxter! loves to flop in Tbones cat box, much to Tbones dismay.. :X

OK I'm a little slow, but YES! Jasmine IS Baxter's! long lost Soul Mate (they literally, look exact w/a few spots out of kilter)!!! I will show up shortely to begin the "wedding plans".. Sorry for Pebbles but..? :)

Due to "Zoning laws" in my Bedroom (I kept hitting my left leg on Baxter's!
Veranda" to his pen) he has now been upgraded to a full on "Bunny Run" (a whole Nic square longer and4wide X 3 high). Mind you, Baxter! is still holding out for the Mic Mansion.. sigh..

I do howeverthinkhe does like it as he will "run" and slide across the middle section cardboard - to the tile (he's not all that fond of the carpeted portion of his "house"-other than to dig at- lol). FunnyI used to likedoslide as a kid with socks on our hardwood floors.. ;) I appreciate his "glee" and will try to get video of his "slide" - its pretty funny.

So this is Baxter! in the first 30 min of the new addition..As you will see He still chews at the bars - how do you get a bun to stop chewing at the bars?? I thought w/ more room he'd be happier but a "pen" - seems to be a pen to him know matter how large.. Mind you - Baxter! had been outside since 2:00 PM and was brought inside about 9:30 PM so its not like he hadn't had "free run time" (and I spent a good hour and half cleaning the outside patio while he was out there as it is the "scarey" portion of the patio where the thunderstorm happened the week before last and he hadn't been out for any legnth of time)..

I just think he wants to have "free roam" about the house (which I can appreciate - but cannot acommodate at this point - poor bun).

Latest posts

Back