Bailee's Buns in 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nela wrote:
Bailee,

The buns are part of you and any 'friend' that is that rude to make such comments should get the boot. :expressionless How mean. So what if you talk about buns a lot? That's what makes you happy no? Aren't friends supposed to want each other to be happy? Bah. People surely can suck.

Bailee, I was thinking... With your numerous artistic talents, why don't you set up a webstore and sell your creations? It might not be a ton of money but it could give you some extra pocket money you could use as you wish. I know you like to help bunnies so you could use it to save up for emergency vet funds or make some donations if you'd want... I think that could be cool no? I'd buy ;)

Ps: I'm jealous of your room :p

[align=center]Yeah, I don't really talk to them anymore. It seems like all they care about is themselves and what they like. That's not a friendship...

Aww why thank you XD I wouldn't know how to set that up.. I would definitely need someone to help me figure that all out XD

thank you ;)

XD and lol, most people say that, but most of it is dedicated to the bunbuns, so it's like a household for me and the buns XD cause i'm always in it.

I agree with the selling artwork! Have you heard of the website Etsy? That's where a lot of people sell their art at.

And as far as Graphic Design, I'm in the very early stages, my major stuff starts in the fall but you do have to have a drawing class, and you take classes to learn how to use Photoshop and Illustrator. My program at Troy also requires you to have a minor and I'm minoring in Computer Science. The classes I have to have involve color and technology, web design, HTML, stuff like that. I will be able to tell you more about it when I get into more of the classes. I'm just SO SCARED I'm not going to be good enough at it!

[align=center]Yes, I've heard of etsy ^_^

But would I send people the pictures?

I'm unsure on how I would/should do that. I don't want to overly price anything either because it DOES cost to send pictures and stuff.

You think I should sell both Photography AND Drawings?

And wow Amanda, that sounds scary =( The thought of College though scares me. I am so lost to what to do.. I'm so immature and growing up freaks me out! D: (but fascinates me all the same).

[align=center]Some of you may have seen.. but posting anyways:

So my dad is a landscaper, and one of his customers is very sick. She has a very bad cancer. Well, they have a rabbit too. Her and her kids didn't want it, someone gifted them him. (which is horrible! Don't gift a sick person more responsibility! I wouldn't gift anyone an animal!)

ANYWAYS the kids don't take care of him (they don't want to..) and of course she forgets to feed him too (I don't blame her at all though- she's sick, it's not her fault. It's the kid's fault. It's hard to think about an animal when you're constantly in the hospital.)

Anyways, she wants him gone because she feels bad, so here we are to the rescue. I'm pretty sure my dad is gunna pick him up soon. (I hope so- and I hope he doesn't disagree that bun needs some TLC VERY SOON from what it sounds like) We're 99% sure we're not gunna keep him, but we're not sure what we're going to do. He's not neutered. He's lived outside in a hutch without much attention or anything this whole time (fleas? sickness?)...

We thought maybe GLRS could take him but they're VERY full at the moment. Like.. to the brim. So I don't think that's gunna be one of the options. Gunna plan this as we go and see what happens I suppose.

From what she described, he sounds like an English Spot (mix?) or mini rex? She didn't say anything about fur texture, only coloring.

Poor guy. I'll give him some lovin` when he gets here.

I was thinking your ceramics but you could also print off your pictures/photos and send them.

You probably could see tattoo designs and such too. You could just email those. (No shipping lol)

It looks like your really artistic so I'm sure you can think of other things to sell as well.

Just ideas. :3
You might be good at the clay jewelry as well and I've seen that sell well on there.

Jynxie wrote:
I was thinking your ceramics but you could also print off your pictures/photos and send them.

You probably could see tattoo designs and such too. You could just email those. (No shipping lol)

It looks like your really artistic so I'm sure you can think of other things to sell as well.

Just ideas. :3
You might be good at the clay jewelry as well and I've seen that sell well on there.

[align=center]Well, see the problem with that is I am not gunna be in Ceramics for much longer, school gets out in 4 weeks. o__O Lol

Hmm... I wonder if people would be interested in that stuff =O

I was thinking of that Polymer clay or whatever it is.. I have seen some awesome stuff made out of that.

I would love to give it a try.

I really wanna raise some money so I can get that new rabbit we're "fostering" neutered by OUR vet. The vet at the sanctuary seems to be making some... mistakes that has caused one bunny to die. (At least that's what I heard). I'd rather my vet do it.

[align=center]It's so inactive today. I wanted to hear what people thought of me helping out that bun D; XD
Anyways, been reading Warriors by Erin Hunter over again. I love that series!

I think it's great you are going to foster the poor bun. :)

Hopefully his condition and mental state isn't too bad.

Happi Bun wrote:
I think it's great you are going to foster the poor bun. :)

Hopefully his condition and mental state isn't too bad.

[align=center]Thank you =) I'm trying to convince my dad to bring the poor thing home ASAP.

I agree. I have good hopes for him though. By the end of this, he'll never remember he was neglected :inlove:

It is wonderful that you want to help. Just be careful when you bring him home nothing is communicated (is that the right term?) to your current rabbits. He would need to stay in a quarantine until you know it is safe (no fleas, mites, viruses, etc). :wink

I'm a firm believer in love concurs all :)

My fearful rabbits get hugs every day weather they like it or not. After a couple of weeks they started to like it. They just needed to learn that hands are for massaging and treating rather than hostile. :biggrin2:

MiniLopHop wrote:
It is wonderful that you want to help. Just be careful when you bring him home nothing is communicated (is that the right term?) to your current rabbits. He would need to stay in a quarantine until you know it is safe (no fleas, mites, viruses, etc). :wink

I'm a firm believer in love concurs all :)

My fearful rabbits get hugs every day weather they like it or not. After a couple of weeks they started to like it. They just needed to learn that hands are for massaging and treating rather than hostile. :biggrin2:

[align=center]=) I know. He will be staying in the Garage until we are able to confirm he is not sick/doesn't have fleas and such. Then I'm hoping to get him neutered (I'll probably have to pay myself .__.) and move him into the guest bedroom of the house, which is empty.

Ahhh how do you do that!? Solara is mean and no matter how much I pet her/ show her these hands are friendly, she still hates it and still runs/attacks.

Have you tried actual massage? "The relaxed rabbit" is a great book that shows you how to use massage techniques on rabbits. :)
With the right rubs they turn into puddles. I wish you were closer, I could teach you how to do it. Once upon a time I had an animal massage business.

MiniLopHop wrote:
Have you tried actual massage? "The relaxed rabbit" is a great book that shows you how to use massage techniques on rabbits. :)
With the right rubs they turn into puddles. I wish you were closer, I could teach you how to do it. Once upon a time I had an animal massage business.

[align=center]I wish you could teach me =( Whenever I do pet Solara and she ACTUALLY holds still, I rub her ears, head, and the back of her neck. I'll get a video of it.. hold on 8D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtmhglPJF6Y&feature=feedu[/ame]

You can tell she likes to be pet =/ I ALWAYS petted her like this before she hated me and sometimes as you can see she lets me (Notice the tooth purring) but then she gets pissed off and grunts and rushes away. =( Or she runs away BEFORE I can even pet her.

:) I totally agree with Brandy (MiniLopHop). A massage for bunny really helps relaxing your baby buns. The vet in Warsaw taught us how to give a proper massage for Kimi. She was totally in love with this vet :D Yeah ! With him she was never frightened when he held or did anything with her. Gosh..we miss that vet. :(
Bailee, is there any chances that you will come to Poland ? :) Hehehe, just curious. I'd love to meet you someday.

I think you should consider deviant art....I have a couple of mugs from there where someone did my bunnies and I had the picture put on a mug. The mugs have lasted FOREVER...or so it feels - even better than the ones I've gotten with photos on them.

Bunny parents wrote:
:) I totally agree with Brandy (MiniLopHop). A massage for bunny really helps relaxing your baby buns. The vet in Warsaw taught us how to give a proper massage for Kimi. She was totally in love with this vet :D Yeah ! With him she was never frightened when he held or did anything with her. Gosh..we miss that vet. :(
Bailee, is there any chances that you will come to Poland ? :) Hehehe, just curious. I'd love to meet you someday.

[align=center]I need to find someone who can personally teach me how to massage Solara! D: XD

And maybe =O I have a LOT of Polish in me, so it'd be very cool to visit, and it'd be awesome getting to meet you! <3 Poland looks really cool too 8D Especially the "Tatra Mountains" =O

TinysMom wrote:
I think you should consider deviant art....I have a couple of mugs from there where someone did my bunnies and I had the picture put on a mug. The mugs have lasted FOREVER...or so it feels - even better than the ones I've gotten with photos on them.

[align=center]I actually have a deviantART (BaileeDanielle), but I'm not entirely sure on how to go about Prints and stuff like that. :huh

And I don't mean new deviantART.
I have 470 Deviations, 4,218 comments, and 6,344 Pageviews XP. XD Been on (my new account) since October 27, 2009.Oh how I miss my Premium Account! D: XD

Man I've been so busy moving and dealing with finals I haven't been able to check on this in forever! I think it's great that you're going to foster the bunny. He needs love and it's not his owners fault he's being neglected (and I agree, animals shouldn't be given to a sick person) I hope he fits right in with you! And maybe you can make a lot of progress with him :)

About the college and growing up and stuff like that, I guess I never looked at it like growing up! I just take it one step at a time. I'm the type of person where if I get to thinking about growing up and planning my life and stuff like that, it makes me feel panicky and I get super stressed. But if I just focus on small goals and get myself through each day, and then each week, it's not so bad and "growing up" comes naturally.

I'm so nervous about graphic design but it's the only thing I'm really interested in so I guess i'm going to go for it!

Back