Bailee's Buns in 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[align=center]@Vircia: Thank you! It's a really simple semester for me and it's quite easy so far! =] You have a cold, or what? =O My mom has a cold right now XD Aww, I hate when my rabbits show affection towards my mom, so I know how you feel!

@Ali: Yeah, you made me look at it a different way, now I'm excited about the behavior! Thank you =D

On another note... Solara chewed my phone cord -__-
180413_492723276515_546981515_6207083_1922167_n.jpg

She moved the pen and chewed it up! What a brat!

Also, here's a pic of Sabriel in my lap <3
179477_492720696515_546981515_6207058_219435_n.jpg

:) hehehe. My cell cord looked exactly the same as yours. LOL :D
Oh, Sabriel still has his cone on ? Get well soon, Lil boy !
I'm a little worried about her health. Kimiko's appetite seems to drop a little bit. She doesn't even get so much excited when she sees her favourite foods. Do you know how long it will take for hormone to cool down ? If only she ate and rested normally, I wouldn't have problem with her following hubby whole day long. :( She seems so tired. Good that today I'm home alone with her. So I'm hoping that she will get rest. But now she changes her cord, she follows me everywhere now. :(

Bunny parents wrote:
:) hehehe. My cell cord looked exactly the same as yours. LOL :D
Oh, Sabriel still has his cone on ? Get well soon, Lil boy !
I'm a little worried about her health. Kimiko's appetite seems to drop a little bit. She doesn't even get so much excited when she sees her favourite foods. Do you know how long it will take for hormone to cool down ? If only she ate and rested normally, I wouldn't have problem with her following hubby whole day long. :( She seems so tired. Good that today I'm home alone with her. So I'm hoping that she will get rest. But now she changes her cord, she follows me everywhere now. :(

[align=center]XD Lol, bunnies are so mischevious.
When did Kimiko get spayed? It usually takes a month or so for their hormones to cool down or whatever. I wish I could see her "in action" to see what you mean by tired... =O Cause that's kind of odd... :?

[align=center]The vet visit went very well today! Dr. Parks took Sabriel in the back this time, because there were no rooms open and she said the following things when she got back:

-He's the same weight.
-He was more feisty than usual.
-His leg has healed substantially more since last week.
-We'll do an X-Ray next week.
-His leg is crooked.
-Hopefully he'll be done with his cast and such in the next two weeks or so.

Such great news! I am SOOO happy!

Then after taking Sabriel to the vet, we went into Petco.. of course I love to show off my babies, so I carried Sabriel in. I saw the groomers eyeing me so I went to go see them and they told me about an adoption event on the 13th to promote specifically rabbit adoption!

I am going to bring Silas in and provide information on rabbit care =]

I emailed Brian from Great Lakes Rabbit Sanctuary about them bringing in adoptable rabbits and/or bringing in pamphlets and stuff and such as well. =]

This was completely fate!

This is so exciting, I love telling people everything I know about rabbits- so much so that I am not nervous AT ALL! I'm usually nervous about social events like this and stuff, but I am completely confident!

Yeah yeah ! I'm happy for you guys :) I'm sure that Sabriel's leg will completely healed very soon.

She got spayed in Warsaw.at a clinic near by our place. The vet who did the operation is a savy vet. I think I can believe that he is 'cause I saw his certificates and my husband called and asked from an animal hospital for bunny vet and they suggested him. I just don't know why it takes so long for Kimiko's hormones to cool down. It's just strange for me though...she's quite an independent girl. She has her own times to do her things and she will come socialize with us when she wants to but not like this. For me this seems to be an obsessing behaviour and she did drop her poops some where sometimes. Like marking :-/ Boy..what's going on with my girl ? Any suggestion ?

[align=center]Thank you 8D
Ahh, Sabriel has an eye infection in his right eye now. We think he poked his eye on some hay. He's on eyedrops- 3 drops a day. We did one last night because it was late, and it's already looking much better. Hopefully it'll be fine by tonight, if it's not he'll have to go to the vet to be properly examined.
This was his yucky eye at first:
2011-02-09153208.jpg

Hm, that sounds really weird.. sometimes Silas will poop in my area, outta nowhere, but I don't think it's the same.. maybe it's her post-spay personality?? :? That's a tough one!

[align=center]Silas in the pet store.. so my blog has more pictures 8D
IMG_0171.jpg
IMG_0170.jpg
IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg
IMG_0167.jpg
IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg
IMG_0164.jpg
IMG_0163.jpg

[align=center]Sabriel licking the cone.. XD He looks so funny!
_DSC1419.jpg

Solara in semi-show-pose I think. Haha, probably NOT. But I wanted to show her back-arch.
181906_493114446515_546981515_6212745_3213913_n.jpg

I think I was supposed to scrunch her up some more.

Cuddly Silas <3
168635_493104411515_546981515_6212674_849227_n.jpg

And those are all my new pics I think XD

Hahahahaha the pic of Sabriel licking his cone cracked me out. He's so cute and so funny :)
How's his eye now ? Still needs eye drop ? Get well soon, baby boy. He's been through a lot lately, but good he has you !
HUgs

Bunny parents wrote:
Hahahahaha the pic of Sabriel licking his cone cracked me out. He's so cute and so funny :)
How's his eye now ? Still needs eye drop ? Get well soon, baby boy. He's been through a lot lately, but good he has you !
HUgs

[align=center]I know, he's so silly isn't he? It took me forever to get that shot XD
His eye looks good as normal now 8D We gave him eyedrops at 6 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon, and then like 9 at night. And it looks completely how it's supposed to 8D I DID get something outta his eye yesterday. A little square piece of hay- like the flat kind. My mom tried pouring water in his eye and it didn't come out so I tried with my finger- got it out first try. I'm becoming pro at getting stuff out of bunnies' eyes 8D Cause that's the second time I got something outta his eye 8D
*hug*

[align=center]We had lots of fun at the Petco Rabbit Adoption Event even if we were the only ones there. A few people took flyers, most people were interested in Silas. Lots of people took pictures of him. One person took a picture of all her kids with Silas. XD

One kid asked for him and it made me really angry >_> But I was nice about it! And another person who actually owns a rabbit tried to give him a dog treat! Fsssh. I said "Please don't give him that." And she gave me a shocked look.

He spent most of his time here:
2011-02-13135821.jpg

In everyone's way XD He would always put his head out when someone walked by and sometimes people would crowd around and pet him (after asking). He LOVED it. He didn't even mind that on Saturday there were a TON of LOUD dogs XD

It sounds fun :) Gosh, I always envy those people ( yep, now including you :D ) who can put a harness on their bunnies. we bought one from a shop and until now we still cannot take her out for a walk with it. The funny part is that we bought a harness for baby bunny !!!! Now it should still fit on her, but who knows how long it's gonna take for us to make her get used to it. LOL

[align=center]=] It was lots of fun- especially for Silas. He just lounged around and had tons of people pet him! XD And then he ran around on the carpet. He loved it. XD

XD I'm sorry. I was very lucky with my bunnies. None of them mind the harness- YUP even Solara, who's a very skittish bun-bun. XD She always runs from me D= (well lately she hasn't). She just prefers other bunny company.. =P

Did you get the jacket one? Cause Solara hated that- and so did Sabriel, so we got the H harness and since it isn't so restricting they don't mind it.. but they always try and chew the leash.. XD Which I hate the stretchy leashes so I bought a normal black one as you see in the picture XD

YAY! We go to the vet today and we get Sabriel an X-Ray! I cannot wait to see how the leg is doing!

Happy Valentines to everyone who reads my blog by the way =]

Nope. I didn't buy the jacket one. Mine looks like yours, but blue :) I still didn't try since we've moved to here. I plan to take her out for a walk at our folk's on April. :) I cannot wait to see her walking outside !

Happy Valentine's day to you too, bailee.
Sending you love, from Kimi's family.
:big kiss:

[align=center]Oh, well maybe she'll get used to it =]

Yeah I had lotsa "drama-ish" stuff today. It sucked. And now my head hurts so bad.

But good news! Sabriel's in a soft cast without the splint and he's more restricted than before so by next week he should be without a cast and we have to watch him a whole LOT. I'm so nervous but excited. I hope he does okay.

His leg looks so sad with the cast off. It's skinny, and there's some sores on it or whatever from the tape ripping his fur off and stuff. But the vet said it'll clear up quickly after he's out of his cast.

Anyways here's my depiction (drawn in paint) on how his little leg is shaped:

sabrielsleg.png

Of course, the break is further away from the paw than that and the bend is not as drastic as the picture.. it's about 15 degrees off.. but it's sorta like that. The break is like another elbow. But I think it'll not look so drastic after it's done healing completely. The bone that is growing back- the vet lemme feel it.. it feels so crazy!

When we got him from the vet he spazzed out and went right in his litterbox and peed with a relieved squeaking noise XD;; He'd been holding it (we went in Border's briefly after the vet)... what a good boy XD Didn't pee in the carrier 8D

He's growing much more feisty.. I know he can feel that the casting stuff and such will be over SOON!

Also- I am so bunny-nerdy that I purchased a book called "Good Rabbitkeeping".. and I'm going to read it all XD It has breeds and background rabbit information and such. It's a really cool book =]

And... look at the difference between Solara (left) and Silas's (right) poop!!! XD

_DSC0055.jpg

:) Yeah !!! One more week and no more cast ! I'm really glad for you that your boy is healing great. :) Phewwww !
Those poops on the right are twice much bigger than the others. LOL :D By the way, nice drawing. Almost like Picasso ;)

[align=center]Yeah! But he still has to be confined for a while =[

I know right? HUGE POOPS!
Thank you XD
You've also inspired me to post some of my drawings eventually...

!hh there's two flemish giant young-buns at the rabbit sanctuary.. i want Lulu! I held her and she was so sweet <3

But we have to wait until Sabriel's leg heals and she gets fixed and we have a bunny-date with her and Silas (if my mom says okay, lol) =]

We won't be jumping into this one!

I found out today that one of the bunnies I liked at GLRS has cancer =[ It's so sad...

Baileeeee

Sabriel's cone-licking picture is priceless! What an awesome shot :biggrin2:I am glad to hear that he is on the mend. I can only imagine how scary it must be to deal with a broken leg/foot. Silas is adorable. I think we need more pics of Solara too. :biggrin:Looking forward to more. Take care! :rose:

Oh , poor bunny. Is it a he or she ? The one who has cancer. :( How's he/she doing ? This is really sad.
Lulu ? What a cute name :) Can't wait to see her pics. Wow, Sabriel will have a date ??? :D Will he wear tuxido ? :D Just kidding.
If Sabriel uses his cuteness look to your mom ( " Can I have a date with Lulu ? Please please .... "), I'm sure your mom will say yes !
Hey, who can refuse those big brown eyes ! :)
Take care.

[align=center]The bunny that has cancer is a female dutch-mix named Grace =[

No, a date for Silas =] Sabriel will be rebonded to Solara most likely.

But Lulu would be perfect for Silas since they are both Flemish Giants! 8D

SO I WENT TO A CONCERT TONIGHT AND IT WAS AMAZING. I'll write more about it when I have the pictures off my friend's camera =]

Latest posts

Back