Baby Tans

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That can not be a 2 week old polish. It looks like it is nearly the size they are when they are adults. That is crazy! All the babies are cute though.

lol she was born November 5th. I think the picture makes her look bigger haha She weighs 7.8 oz

Here are some more pictures of her lol I am absolutely in love with her ears!
8DEC97BB-43CE-4CFA-BEF7-CF14011E8C7C-7249-0000051B665168F0.jpg

ADB7C949-9440-4ADA-BC36-A24619053B1D-7249-0000051B581D0C3A.jpg

B1C9ABB7-9E9A-4624-8E77-EA312AFA6FC2-7249-0000051B518435FC.jpg

DE77D588-E86E-4D8C-94E7-B634E4478343-7249-0000051B4AD48496.jpg

She's adorable!!! But I don't know, 7 oz. at 2 weeks. I have an 8 wk. old dwarf hotot that's only 12 oz.

She's an only baby, right? Just too much of mommy's yummy milk all to herself :)

She'll be 3 weeks on Monday and she is the only one in the litter. She's finally starting to jump out of the nestbox so hopefully with the additional activity her weight gain will slow down...:p

I know I still have a lot more research to do, but I'm actually looking at picking up another breed- but it's got to be a smaller breed- what can you tell me about Tans? They're just sooo sweet looking!!!! I guess I've got a lot of research still to do but insite from someone that already raises them is great!

I love them. If you want a chill rabbit like Dutch then pick polish or something like that instead. Tans have a lot of life and rarely have pet quality babies. They are an active rabbit who can easily be free fed without worry for a lot of weight gain. They are a small rabbit that weight 4-5 lbs. I keep my does with babies in a 24x30 (those are the smaller ones), bigger ones are 24x36 and my bucks and growing ones are in the 24x30s. They need to be ran when they are young so they can build their confidence on the table for shows and I show as soon as they hit 2lbs which is about 3mos. Lol I don't know what else to say about them

Thank you everyone they are super adorable!

Lol Julie yep ceramic dog bowls can be super cheap so we get me when we can!

And Haha Wendy she might be for sale I'm not sure yet :p

Last edited:
OH I'm hoping to get something that isn't quite so chill!! I used to have english spots but they were just so big!
I'm going to try to find a local breeder come spring and check them out! They are definently on the radar

Yay I'm so excited you are looking to get into them! Tan nationals are in Kentucky in April too!! Me and my mom are going because polish are also having theirs at the same time!! You should check it out and one of these two babies will possibly be for sale. I also just literally had three babies born from Serena about an hour ago. She is acting super stressed so she might have more later and the babies were pretty cold so I didn't want to mess with them but ill check on them when I'm done at work. I see one black and possibly two blues so we shall see!

Yay I'm so excited you are looking to get into them! Tan nationals are in Kentucky in April too!! Me and my mom are going because polish are also having theirs at the same time!! You should check it out and one of these two babies will possibly be for sale. I also just literally had three babies born from Serena about an hour ago. She is acting super stressed so she might have more later and the babies were pretty cold so I didn't want to mess with them but ill check on them when I'm done at work. I see one black and possibly two blues so we shall see!

Would that be the KY Cup in Lousiville?? Oh Yes! I'll be there with Dutch for sure! I'm thinking a Trio to start, 1 black and 1 blue at least! hehehe. I'll be checking out the local scene in march at Xenia and Piketon Ohio shows. I'll be keeping up and watching these little ones grow!
Time to start putting the stuff aside for them- and making them a little running table!

The babies passed 30 minutes ago. They got too cold . . . :(

But yay running boards are super easy to make just wood and cover it with indoor/outdoor carpet and voila. Pretty simple

Now to go rebreed Serena. . . :/

It was tough to stop trying to revive them. They should've been fine covered in the nestbox...we had no problems before. I think it was the location of the cage and the cold south wind, which isn't normal around here. Hubby and I had them on a heating pad and used warm water. We tried massaging them and even tried doing kit CPR (not the mouth part). One moved slightly and took a last breath, and then nothing else.:tears2:

Latest posts

Back