Baby Tans

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok Binky if they turn up missing I wont look at you :p

LOL Kaley! You make me want to breed Brits again!!! I wish I could :'(

Wendy are you going to the kentucky cup? Please tell me you are!!

Wendy most of the shows down here are elbow to elbow as well. Also most of them are held outside, under a roof. Very few that I have been to are fully inside. In order to get a spot to put cages you have to get there over 1hr before the show starts.

What's the Kentucky cup? Probably not, though... I have the PaSRBA Convention coming up, rooms already booked for ARBA's Convention, and then Lop Nationals in April. Hubby's going to flip a gasket! lol

I'm new - so late to the party here - I just scrolled thru the babby pics...

OH MAI GAWD-D-D-D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have never been to a show either - I want to go just to see the buns. Are spectators allowed?

It's a 9 hour drive, so I highly doubt it. Unless I can find a traveling buddy. More than 4 hours in a vehicle and I start getting stir crazy. The Lop Nationals is stretching it at 6. LOL

Have just read through all of this and I´m just knocked out by all this cuteness. They are all gorgeous, what a fantastic colour they have and I love that athletic build. It´s true, how can you part with any of them. And the polish are such cuties, I love those short ears.

It´s fascinating reading all about showing them and I´ve loved the videos. Nothing like that over here, I don´t think, well not where I am anyway. Would love to go along and have a look, it looks so interesting.

I´ll certainly be following you on here.

Those who travel to a show...What do you do with your buns overnight? Are there rabbit friendly hotels :embarrassed:

thank you chrisdoc :) Shows are very fun. There are some in the UK although I hear they are smaller than in the states.

In a noncoop show the buns will stay in the carrying cages overnight at the showroom. They give just enough room for the rabbit to turn around and stretch out to lay down. I let my tans out to run as soon as we get to the showbarn and in the morning before a show. Most rabbits are pretty content staying in the cages as they aren't as hyper. Tans always love to run so i try to let them exercise. We havent had a problem leaving rabbits or things in the showrooms, everyone does it. If it's a coop show (which is a bigger cage on top of a big piece of plywood and bedding is used to absorb urine) then they stay in those 24/7.

These are what my tans stay in
3compt_3lid.jpg

and these are the coops
firle%20rabbit%20show%20017.jpg

If it is a special rabbit (an inside only bun like my baby rocky, or an injured or pregnant bun) then they will usually come into the hotel with us. There are some pet friendly hotels but if we need to bring the rabbit in and it isnt we usually sneak them in. No harm as long as we clean up after them.

I have never been to a show where we had to spend the night other than Houston, which is a coop show. If you are traveling a long ways or the show is over multiple days and is not a coop show, people generally bring the rabbits into the hotel room with them (and a tarp under the cages) or leave them in the car with the windows cracked if the weather in not bad. I have never herd of someone leaving the rabbits at the show grounds over night though.

If the club has a Friday night show plus Saturday shows then they will let you keep your rabbits, chairs, etc... in the showroom overnight. Most of the shows we go to are in enclosed arenas or showrooms and can be secured.

With non coop shows we dont because our animals are next to each other and not really next to others rabbits. In coop shows we usually put up cardboard between cages but that is more to help them stay calm and prevent anyone from spraying on them.

During the show any rabbit with an obvious contagion are disqualified from competition and judges will either wipe their hands or sanitize after handling the animal. While helping in shows I hear more rabbits get DQ'd for white snot and i think only one for ear mites. They are generally healthy animals and other people are very considerate in checking the rabbits over for sickness before they bring them.

And yes we usually leave the rabbits in the showrooms if its a friday and saturday show or a very long drive that we had to come up the night before. Usually the show barns are open and we can unpack

Last edited:
Thank you for all your very thorough responses :D If Bing is ready in a few weeks he will go to his first show as a JR :D

Sooo....given that the title of this thread is 'Baby Tans,' I vote you post some new pics of baby tans! :D

Well y'all are in luck! I let the two babies, my moms polish, and my blue doe out to run in the living room and I caught some pics :) no action shots as I was using my iPhone but oh well

And I apologize for the messy floors.

CECAB3AC-443D-4828-9C5A-C9062E481989-2607-000001D4BA413A8E.jpg

51B0E877-3F9E-4DCC-9965-C470FE67B9CB-2607-000001D4C4C377B0.jpg

53377720-D530-4EC5-990E-84E7A390F2F3-2607-000001D4CABCCBC3.jpg

561D977A-0B8D-4505-8B6C-C6FF3C34ADA0-2607-000001D4D0B02AAE.jpg

D4CB67C4-EDE3-4840-BDDD-919C691C1B32-2607-000001D4FBC8CF65.jpg

B771E869-EEA6-4FC6-9D88-32C855F2CB0F-2607-000001D4DB186635.jpg

Posed pics of EPA, her head should be down and I thinks that's what's making her shoulders look long
83A1527B-0019-4512-88DB-A8301767948F-2607-000001D4E6137F55.jpg

Posed pics of SEA
059BD92F-F862-4815-AC3A-DC849664312D-2607-000001D4EEE744D7.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back