Baby Shower?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FINALLY!

Pics of "Alero's belly at 5 months and pictures of the stallion, Guy, a red roan paint.

Front
AleroFront.jpg

Back
AleroBack.jpg

BELLAY!
AleroSide.jpg

Guy

Guy.jpg

guyeatssnow.jpg

GuyFace.jpg

Guyfullbody.jpg

Guyside.jpg

GuyStand.jpg

guyy.jpg

They are so pretty! both of them!

Tell me if you know cause I don't and I don't want to ask my daughter LOL!

If a horse like Pokie (red dun) or Dakota (chestnut) has a white marking over their face that goes over like both eyes it's called "a bald face"...... in a paint is that what they call it? or are they white with brown marks so they don't???

gorgeous horses.

i wanted a horse once when i was a kid. then i thought of all the work there is to do for horses and the fact i cant have it living anywhere near me..so i turned myself off to horses.

Paints are still held to the typical marking terms. They can still have a ''blaze'' ora ''sock'' or a ''star'' and t hings like that, so i'm sure it would still be called a bald face. Infact my friend has a registered paint with a bald face and one blue eye.

-JAK

Bo B Bunny wrote:
They are so pretty! both of them!

Tell me if you know cause I don't and I don't want to ask my daughter LOL!

If a horse like Pokie (red dun) or Dakota (chestnut) has a white marking over their face that goes over like both eyes it's called "a bald face"...... in a paint is that what they call it? or are they white with brown marks so they don't???

Cool - then Guy is a bald face, paint! He's adorable! I love that look in a paint - Gosh I hope you get some really cool colored Filly.

Well, that's what I would hope for if it were me! LOL!

Of course if you have my luck, it will be a sorrel stud colt. :p

I am actually hoping for a colt (a boy). And definitely a paint, and if all goes well....a buckskin paint. Which is entirely possible considering trhe lines they both carry. Buckskins also have a cream gene so Alero would have to throw a cream gene into the mix would makes the possibility of buckskins and palominos.

Well Rosie you're going to have to get over it and move on with your life. Don't be a poopy pants.

I think I've finally gotten over the fact that this particular mare has demolished everything from my left hip down. Ta-da!

Omg, her and the stallion are absolutely stunning! I cannot wait to see what their foal will look like!:biggrin2:

I love colts! Our neighbors breed and now and then they have one or two foals but one year they had like six or eight. SO CUTE!!

I haven't posted belly pics in a while! 2 more months to go!

AleroTrees.jpg

AleroBelly.jpg

AleroBelly2.jpg

Oh and I bought another one on Sunday. He's a paint stallion named Tulsa...and a real handful at the moment. So I'm sending my other mare, Milo, out for professional training in May/June and that will leave me more time to get Tulsa in shape for the fair hopefully. Right now he just occasionally doesn't want to walk where I want to go, which would be a problem if I can't even wlk him into the show ring for Halter, it'd be kind of pointless even taking him. But we'll see where he's at by August. That's omre than enough time I think.

MattAndTulsa1.jpg

MattandTulsa.jpg

^ Tulsa pictured with Matt....who happens to be an excellant horse trainer as far as groundwork goes.

What's nice about groundwork is you can do it without having to take a lot of time out of a day. Are you training for show or just riding? Lots of people train horses to turn on the wrong foot and stuff. That's why I ask.

He's cute but paints are ALWAYS a handful LOL! We are neighbors at the fair with a cute paint mare and she and my gelding "share" his hay a lot. His owners just laugh cause she'll eat from his haybag and he will wait... silly boy! We love her too tho!

Your mare looks good! I can't wait until you post baby pictures!!!!

I wish you guys were here this weekend! The hoosier horse fair starts tomorrow! it's so much fun!

We're not real big into the show thing, but the Fair is something we look forward to every year. Our fair really sucks though. IT wouldn't matter if someone's horse pivotted on the wrong foot, bit the judge, and layed down in the ring, it would somehow be placed at least the middle. Everything is all effed up. But at least i'll place last in style and in one pice is what i'm shooting for.

My other paint is very awesome and friendly. I hven't found paints to be trouble....but young horses in general....yes.

I see you're much south of me. It's barely 60* out here and raining almost daily....not fair weather yet. Our fair is usually held at the end of august. And the fair in teh county next to us holds their faira nd farmshow in June and July.

I can't wait to post baby pictures too!

-JAK

Bo B Bunny wrote:
What's nice about groundwork is you can do it without having to take a lot of time out of a day. Are you training for show or just riding? Lots of people train horses to turn on the wrong foot and stuff. That's why I ask.

He's cute but paints are ALWAYS a handful LOL! We are neighbors at the fair with a cute paint mare and she and my gelding "share" his hay a lot. His owners just laugh cause she'll eat from his haybag and he will wait... silly boy! We love her too tho!

Your mare looks good! I can't wait until you post baby pictures!!!!

I wish you guys were here this weekend! The hoosier horse fair starts tomorrow! it's so much fun!

Your weather stays about the same as yours - our county fair is in July, State fair in August. Adults cannot show at the county fair - it's strictly 4H.

Younger kids don't get too much taken off for not pivoting even on their one hoof but Lexi's horse always does it right. She's good but it's been a lot of work. Same with Kota - I trained him to pivot and everyone has worked with him and he's really good.

Young can be a lot to handle. Kota just turned 6 and he wasn't worked with until he was almost 3. Paints are just high spirited animals I think but can be sweeties. Young paints are so hyper sometimes. That's why they are so popular for rodeo.

The hoosier horse fair is a huge expo. They have all sorts of vendors come in, Junior rodeo, clinicians, veterinarians and all sorts of horses (there's even a parade of breeds). They have a 4H versatility show (my niece won it a couple of years ago and my son was on her speed team).... and All kinds of shows. It's in several buildings at the State Fairgrounds. Many of our good friends work at it for different reasons - a lot on the Hoosier Horse Council. You'd love it tho. We can spend all day and night there and still have stuff we didn't do! Infact, we're going to see Lippizzans tomorrow, and the rodeo Saturday night.

http://www.indianahorsecouncil.org/horse_fair.htm

Latest posts

Back