Baby Shower?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAK Rabbitry

Reaction score
But not for me!

We've recently confirmed that our mare, Alero is pregnant and will be having a foal around July-August this year. She's a really pretty buckskin, bred to a red roan paint stallion nearby. The stallion always throws paint markings and Alero comes from a very dominant line of buckskins. So i'm really hoping for a buckskin paint. (love!)

I'll be posting pics here as she gets fatter the rest of the year. She's alreayd pretty big but she's wearing a blanket for winter. We took her blanket off the other day and we can actually see the foal movin' around by her hip, even though she's only maybe 3 months along.

This will be a first baby for both of us. We're so excited. I keep dreaming about this little foal. I'm hopin' for a boy. I'll be throwing her a baby shower in June-July.

I also wan ted to play that baby shower game where you smoosh a candy bar into a diaper and everyone has to guess what brand of c andy bars they used to be.

And then we'll have a carrot cake.

Alero.jpg

Pics of the Stallion soon.

The ENd.

She's really pretty! I can't wait to see the baby myself!

What's her name?

Nevermind I just caught her name ALERO :)

YAYs! I can't wait to see pics as she progresses and that baby gets bigger! WOOT!

And can't wait to see pics of Daddy...:D

Oh, and you could do the How Big is the Belly game, where people guess how many pieces of toilet paper it would take to go around the belly! :biggrin2:

Oh my! I *love* that horses looks! She is right up with my favorite (no idea breed or coloration name) which is very similar to her but in a washed out grey look - I've seen some grey ones that I'm speaking of with faintly spotted rears.

Leaf wrote:
Oh my! I *love* that horses looks! She is right up with my favorite (no idea breed or coloration name) which is very similar to her but in a washed out grey look - I've seen some grey ones that I'm speaking of with faintly spotted rears.

Alero is a Buckskin-colored Quarter Horse.

The washed out grey look you describe could be a grullo or a gray. The spotted arse would mean the breed is probably an appaloosa.

So I had the vet out today to give Alero her Rhino shot (pregos needthem every 3 months) And the vet was supposed togive her an overal checkup and she said she's a great weight and looks great, everything looks good.

Then she asked if I wanted her palpated and being a bunny person, palpate, to me, means push around their abdomen to check for a fetus. So I said ''ok but be careful she hates her belly touched'' and she said its ok she'll be careful.

She left and came back wit ha big glove.

Oh.....that kind of palpate....

Alero is the biggest B**** of a mare i've ever dealt with. Let me tell you she was less than cooperative. And she jerked her head up in the air so fast....and just then my rooster crowed and Icouldn't help but think " HELLOGOODMORNING!!!"

So she's definitely pregnant and her baby is about the size of a beagle.

The End.

Could be a buttermilk buckskin too but I bet it's a grulla also. They're so pretty!!!

Buttermilk or light buckskins are so cute! My father inlaw loves buckskins.

buckskinpale.jpg

JAK Rabbitry wrote:

Leaf wrote:

Alero is a Buckskin-colored Quarter Horse.

The washed out grey look you describe could be a grullo or a gray. The spotted arse would mean the breed is probably an appaloosa.

I think they get more that color as they get older - we have a friend with a young buttermilk and she was black mane and tail - gray body as a baby - now she's the sandy color with the browner mane and tail.

Bad thing about gray horses tho - they are prone to cancer. I didn't know that - until our neighbor's horse got sick with it. Then my niece's POA had it both gray.

I'm thinking if it's spotted - she likes apps. They're pretty but sometimes psycho LOL!

Yeah horses with fair skin are prone to cancer, most notably Appaloosas. I'm boardng ahorse right now who is half app, right before he came here he already had his 3rd eyelid removed dueto cancer. He has to wear a UV mask when he's outside now.

I think that we talked about him before? remember my niece had the pony with cancer of the eye?

Pokie - my dun mare - is very fair for a red dun - it worries me about her. She most notably has sore hocks and has to have those acid injections..... costly things they are! *sigh*

Uh....nothing.

The horse is wearing a halter....and the lead rope has a clippy at the end like what's ont eh end of a dog's leash and it clips to a ring under the chin part of the halter, which the handler is holding and is stepping out of the picture so it may look to you like someone is force feeding the horse seomthing. TRy a second glance.

Brandy456 wrote:
JAK Rabbitry wrote:
Thats true. Though to me ''buttermilk'' still looks more creamy sandy colored.

buckskin3.jpg
whats going in the horsey's mouth?

The washed out grey colour could also be a roan -- blue, red, black, dun, etc. I have seen them range anywhere from very lightly colored bodies to quite dark but they also commonly have a spotted appearance to them. I am a huge sucker for buckskins, duns, and roans. I used to ride/lease a little Peruvian bay roan.

Latest posts

Back