Baby rabbits

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well every rabbit is different they still need interaction not just filling their food and water up everyday.... this will probably get deleted but I want to say it anyway

The right pets for you are fish because they only have a 3 sec memory span so they wont remember how much they are unloved..... sorry but thats how I feel and Mod's feel free to delete it.

paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
I'm sorry Paul, but I still don't think your a rabbit person, I agree with Sabine, she has been through an awful lot since you took her, she needs some love and attention, then she wouldn't be such a 'bitch', and both me and Sabine are offering to take her and do that. I think eventually you will realise rabbits aren't the right pet for you.
Well I have nothing against roger and sukura. It's just suki never seems to bond with me.

I bet she can feel how you feel about her...animals are not stupid, they def. pick up on feelings.

paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
I'm sorry Paul, but I still don't think your a rabbit person, I agree with Sabine, she has been through an awful lot since you took her, she needs some love and attention, then she wouldn't be such a 'bitch', and both me and Sabine are offering to take her and do that. I think eventually you will realise rabbits aren't the right pet for you.
Well I have nothing against roger and sukura. It's just suki never seems to bond with me.
Your just not a rabbity person to me.

Becca wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Sabine wrote
I'll foster her. She seems to be arabbit in need of some TLC
It's not happening I still care for her even though I hate her. I will talk my family through it to tell them It is just her instincts.

So you hate her but you want to keep her in a place where she doesn't get the right love?
Well I don't see how food,water,hay,running around and some petting every day doesn't work. I pet them all. Sukura is put into my arms because she likes it and roger and suki get petted through the door to there cage since they don't like being picked up.There all in separatehousing. I'm getting another hutch for sukura tomarrow.

paul2641 wrote:
Becca wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Sabine wrote
It's not happening I still care for her even though I hate her. I will talk my family through it to tell them It is just her instincts.

So you hate her but you want to keep her in a place where she doesn't get the right love?
Well I don't see how food,water,hay,running around and some petting every day doesn't work. I pet them all. Sukura is put into my arms because she likes it and roger and suki get petted through the door to there cage since they don't like being picked up.There all in separatehousing. I'm getting another hutch for sukura tomarrow.
Can I just ask do you think of feeding and playing and loving your rabbits as a chore?

All my animals are treated in there own individual ways the way they like. Suki doesn't like me, I'm not going to force her onto me. Forcing her onto a human she doesn't like is the wrong way to go I think. Everyone has the right to say what they feel. All the same my animals live long and healthy lives.

Becca wrote:
The right pets for you are fish because they only have a 3 sec memory span so they wont remember how much they are unloved..... sorry but thats how I feel and Mod's feel free to delete it.
Good idea :pPaul, when/if you realise rabbits aren't your thing contact me and Sabine and we'll work something out, especially with Suki.

Becca wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Becca wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Sabine wrote

Can I just ask do you think of feeding and playing and loving your rabbits as a chore?
Honestly no I injoy getting up at 6.25 every morning before school to feed them all. I don't mind getting up every 2 hours to feed the rabbits. I love the hamster and the rabbits but just in very differant ways.

paul2641 wrote:
Becca wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Becca wrote:
paul2641 wrote:
Sabine wrote

Honestly no I injoy getting up at 6.25 every morning before school to feed them all. I don't mind getting up every 2 hours to feed the rabbits. I love the hamster and the rabbits but just in very differant ways.
You just said you HATE the rabbit....

Did the vet tell you how to feed them right? If so tell me what you were told? I don't think petting and giving TlC to Suki is forcing her to bond with you and sectioning her off will make her worse..........

First of all - I want to remind folks that this thread is NOT about Paul and his treatment of his rabbits. This thread is not here to condemn anyone...Paul or others (even Suki). This thread is to help Paul deal with the baby kits and keeping them alive while mama isn't ready to deal with them.

I can tell from the posts that many of you might not have had an aggressive doe that will not bond with humans. It can be frustrating beyond measure - and heartbreaking too. Add in having a doe like that when you're a "kid" (no offense meant Paul) hurts even worse because as an adult - I'm used to rejection from people - but getting rejected by a rabbit - hurt like the dickens. And some rabbits - does in particular - do not do well with humans. I guess what I'm trying to say is that not all rabbits make good pets.

For those who are criticizing Paul for calling Suki names - let me tell you - I've had does that I've called those exact names - time and time again. I've also used terms like "Doe from hell" or "she who is from Hades" and other such terms. An aggressive doe can fight and kick and bite and hurt like...the dickens.

So while you all might have opinions of Paul right now - I would like to remind everyone that our focus needs to be on the baby bunnies and keeping them alive.

Paul - as someone who has had does much like Suki - let me share a few things I've learned.

• I have found out that my does pick up on my emotions towards them and react to them. Therefore, I've had to sometimes walk away - yell at the wall - punch a pillow - and then come back to deal with them - oftentimes with the scars of their kicks and bites. The key thing was - getting myself calm - and reminding myself that they were acting out of instinct - and not that they were horrible or hated me. They simply didn't understand about being a pet. Two of those same does are now sweethearts....well ... maybe more than that when I count Miss Bea - who would box our hands when we opened her cage door. My point? An aggressive doe can change her behavior with lots of love over a period of time. It means accepting her as she is and letting her learn to trust you. You can do it - I believe in you.
  • Secondly - your doe is probably very confused right now. I forget how old she is .... but I find first time mamas to be really skittish and I've had even experienced mamas hurt the babies - sometimes because the babies scare them when they cry. Please understand - she is confused. I wish I could find a word picture to give you of how she feels - the only thing I can think of is if someone was yelling at you in Russian and you didn't understand and you thought they were threatening you but they were trying to say "How are you doing?" You would be unable to understand them - and so you would act on what you feel your basic instincts are. So is the case with Suki.
Finally - I had a doe that killed a baby that was very very special to me - it wasn't even her baby - it was from the next cage over and it got into her cage when it was about 9 days old. It was a "Charly" something I very much wanted for my breeding program. It was the only charly I'd ever had - and I thought it was a boy which made it more valuable to me. It was hard to not take her and yell at her. But what I did - was to take her and put her in my lap and love on her. That's right - I forced myself to love on her - and I chose to forgive her for acting like a rabbit. As time went on - I really did feel forgiveness for her - even though I didn't feel it emotionally at the time.

You can do this - you can forgive Suki for acting like a very confused doe - and you can choose to love her anyway. It may take her time to get used to you - if you've ever read my stories about Tiny - you'll see how for months and over a year even - I was discouraged about him because he and I didn't have a connection. Yet - by the time he died - he would climb into my lap when I sat on the floor and cover me with kisses. This was from the rabbit who wanted NOTHING to do with me.

Be patient with Suki. Love her as she is - choose to make more time to spend with her - even if it is just sitting on the floor and reading a book and letting her explore the room and watch you from a distance. Who knows...she may wind up becoming a heart bunny if you will invest some time in her.

But I understand what you call her now....trust me - I've had several does that share that same name. Usually its said as I'm pulling my hand back from the latest kick, bite or nip.....oftentimes with blood flowing....

Good luck with the babies...

irishbunny wrote:
Did the vet tell you how to feed them right? If so tell me what you were told? I don't think petting and giving TlC to Suki is forcing her to bond with you and sectioning her off will make her worse..........
The woman in the store told us to put it in from the side and let the rabbit suckle. I never said I was forcing her to bond to me. And she is doing great now like nothing happened. Just finished the rabbits 3rd feed every 2 hours I feed them.

Ok guys take it easy. From a breeders perspective Paul isnt having an easy time of it

Paul I know this is hard for you but I personally and I don't think any other mod will be happy to see you calling your rabbit a b!tch. I do not want to see it in the rabbitry again ok!! No matter how you feel keep it down a bit as it is upsetting other people.

Your rabbit has had to go through a whole pregnany stuck in a hutch with abuck I have does that can be nasty when pregnant because they do not want to be touched and they don't want you in their space so its no wonder she hasn't been in the best of moods.

As for killing them you said she was in a noisy room at first and you were gonna move her. None of this is good for a doe esp when she is pregnant or has had babies. There is no way you should have had your buck and doe in together and saying that you didn't think they would mate is foolish they are rabbits !! they are sexually reproductive from very young.

When she is biting etc when you go in its beause she is protective of her area she is very hormonal right now. She has not taken care of the kits because she is stressed.

Princess bites me when I put my hand in her cage and attacks my leg when I'm in her run, it doesn't mean I call her a bitch, section her off from human contact and just give her food and water, I still love her and snuggle her and she knows she's loved and will sit with meand groom me, treat Suki with some respect.

Stop rushing with breeding tooand looking to buy every rabbit you set your eyes on, so far you are getting angoras, american fuzzy lops, lionlops, netherland dwarfs, and you don't even know what a rabbit is yet. Get to know the rabbits you have now and be thankful for what you have.

TinysMom wrote:
First of all - I want to remind folks that this thread is NOT about Paul and his treatment of his rabbits. This thread is not here to condemn anyone...Paul or others (even Suki). This thread is to help Paul deal with the baby kits and keeping them alive while mama isn't ready to deal with them.

I can tell from the posts that many of you might not have had an aggressive doe that will not bond with humans. It can be frustrating beyond measure - and heartbreaking too. Add in having a doe like that when you're a "kid" (no offense meant Paul) hurts even worse because as an adult - I'm used to rejection from people - but getting rejected by a rabbit - hurt like the dickens. And some rabbits - does in particular - do not do well with humans. I guess what I'm trying to say is that not all rabbits make good pets.

For those who are criticizing Paul for calling Suki names - let me tell you - I've had does that I've called those exact names - time and time again. I've also used terms like "Doe from hell" or "she who is from Hades" and other such terms. An aggressive doe can fight and kick and bite and hurt like...the dickens.

So while you all might have opinions of Paul right now - I would like to remind everyone that our focus needs to be on the baby bunnies and keeping them alive.

Paul - as someone who has had does much like Suki - let me share a few things I've learned.

• I have found out that my does pick up on my emotions towards them and react to them. Therefore, I've had to sometimes walk away - yell at the wall - punch a pillow - and then come back to deal with them - oftentimes with the scars of their kicks and bites. The key thing was - getting myself calm - and reminding myself that they were acting out of instinct - and not that they were horrible or hated me. They simply didn't understand about being a pet. Two of those same does are now sweethearts....well ... maybe more than that when I count Miss Bea - who would box our hands when we opened her cage door. My point? An aggressive doe can change her behavior with lots of love over a period of time. It means accepting her as she is and letting her learn to trust you. You can do it - I believe in you.
  • Secondly - your doe is probably very confused right now. I forget how old she is .... but I find first time mamas to be really skittish and I've had even experienced mamas hurt the babies - sometimes because the babies scare them when they cry. Please understand - she is confused. I wish I could find a word picture to give you of how she feels - the only thing I can think of is if someone was yelling at you in Russian and you didn't understand and you thought they were threatening you but they were trying to say "How are you doing?" You would be unable to understand them - and so you would act on what you feel your basic instincts are. So is the case with Suki.
Finally - I had a doe that killed a baby that was very very special to me - it wasn't even her baby - it was from the next cage over and it got into her cage when it was about 9 days old. It was a "Charly" something I very much wanted for my breeding program. It was the only charly I'd ever had - and I thought it was a boy which made it more valuable to me. It was hard to not take her and yell at her. But what I did - was to take her and put her in my lap and love on her. That's right - I forced myself to love on her - and I chose to forgive her for acting like a rabbit. As time went on - I really did feel forgiveness for her - even though I didn't feel it emotionally at the time.

You can do this - you can forgive Suki for acting like a very confused doe - and you can choose to love her anyway. It may take her time to get used to you - if you've ever read my stories about Tiny - you'll see how for months and over a year even - I was discouraged about him because he and I didn't have a connection. Yet - by the time he died - he would climb into my lap when I sat on the floor and cover me with kisses. This was from the rabbit who wanted NOTHING to do with me.

Be patient with Suki. Love her as she is - choose to make more time to spend with her - even if it is just sitting on the floor and reading a book and letting her explore the room and watch you from a distance. Who knows...she may wind up becoming a heart bunny if you will invest some time in her.

But I understand what you call her now....trust me - I've had several does that share that same name. Usually its said as I'm pulling my hand back from the latest kick, bite or nip.....oftentimes with blood flowing....

Good luck with the babies...
Finally someone who understands me. I will try very hard to love suki. I do love her body and her coat she is a charly(I think anyway) she is really pretty to me. It's just the personality, say you could get more love from hitler.I will try to bond with her tomarrow.

paul2641 wrote:
irishbunny wrote:
The woman in the store told us to put it in from the side and let the rabbit suckle. I never said I was forcing her to bond to me. And she is doing great now like nothing happened. Just finished the rabbits 3rd feed every 2 hours I feed them.
You should take every baby out individually, lay them on their backs and then let them feed, then you need to penetrate them so they can pee, their mother usually licks them there.

polly wrote:
Ok guys take it easy. From a breeders perspective Paul isnt having an easy time of it

Paul I know this is hard for you but I personally and I don't think any other mod will be happy to see you calling your rabbit a b!tch. I do not want to see it in the rabbitry again ok!! No matter how you feel keep it down a bit as it is upsetting other people.

Your rabbit has had to go through a whole pregnany stuck in a hutch with abuck I have does that can be nasty when pregnant because they do not want to be touched and they don't want you in their space so its no wonder she hasn't been in the best of moods.

As for killing them you said she was in a noisy room at first and you were gonna move her. None of this is good for a doe esp when she is pregnant or has had babies. There is no way you should have had your buck and doe in together and saying that you didn't think they would mate is foolish they are rabbits !! they are sexually reproductive from very young.

When she is biting etc when you go in its beause she is protective of her area she is very hormonal right now. She has not taken care of the kits because she is stressed.
Ok sorry I will bite my tongue from now on. Suki wasn't in a noisey room today because the tv was off today everyone was in the sitting room talking quitly tv hasn't even been turned on today. I didn't move her from any cage since I got her. Roger was taken out just before she went into labour.

I agree with Peg and Polly. Let's keep this thread on the subject of how to keep the babies alive and healthy.

As Polly requested above, Paul why don't you summarize what you have done since the babies have been born? Step by step, tell us what you have done with mom and babies, what kind of environment they have been in and what changes have been made.

This will gives us a better understanding of the situation, so we can give you the most relivant advice. Once we have an idea of what exactly has happened, we can advise you about what we think is the best plan of action for you.

It's difficult to follow all the posts especially with all the bickering, and to understand exactly what has been going on.

I know you can work through this Paul. Emotionally, it sucks. But just remember to try and stay calm.

--Dawn

Latest posts

Back