Baby Flemmies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picture updates

Sweetiesbabys6-12-09.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-12-09pictureb.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-12-09picturec.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-12-09pictured.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-12-09picturee.jpg

The peanut is holding his/her own. I give it the most time to nurse. The other two are doing o.k. They have been trying to hop and it amazes me how much they are doing rabbit things already.

Like the second day of their life they were grooming themselves and each other. We are all pulling for th peanut. He/she is definitely fighting to get bigger.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
The peanut is holding his/her own. I give it the most time to nurse. The other two are doing o.k. They have been trying to hop and it amazes me how much they are doing rabbit things already.

Like the second day of their life they were grooming themselves and each other. We are all pulling for th peanut. He/she is definitely fighting to get bigger.

A peanut is a baby born with the double dwarfing gene.What you have isn't a peanut, there's no chance.

It's most likely just a failure to thrive baby. I do hope it makes it. I've had a few, and they are no fun and purely heartbreaking.

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
Oh man.....I want one....or two....or three.

I just adore Flemmies (and flemmie mixes even).

If all three survive, I am going to keep one, so two could be looking for new kingdoms.
If only Indiana and Texas weren't so far apart....and if I could find a way to SNEAK A black flemmie into the house (hmm...I wonder how I could get that past Art).

Erins Rabbits wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:

A peanut is a baby born with the double dwarfing gene.What you have isn't a peanut, there's no chance.

It's most likely just a failure to thrive baby. I do hope it makes it. I've had a few, and they are no fun and purely heartbreaking.
I know he/she isn't a peanut, that just what we call it because it is so small.

TinysMom wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:

If all three survive, I am going to keep one, so two could be looking for new kingdoms.
If only Indiana and Texas weren't so far apart....and if I could find a way to SNEAK A black flemmie into the house (hmm...I wonder how I could get that past Art).
One more ball of fluff hopping around, Art probably wouldn't notice!;)

Erins Rabbits wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:

We know he/she isn't really a peanut. ACTUALLY, it's just our nick name for the littlest. Sounds more endearing than "runt", LOL. I suppose it could be misleading to others who don't know the difference. (We do, though ;).)

Thank goodness we have never had a true peanut. It's hard to lose kits. They are just so sweet and innocent, it just never seems right!

Wabbitdad12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:
Wabbitdad12 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:

One more ball of fluff hopping around, Art probably wouldn't notice!;)
Art wouldn't notice..... until it gets to 15 lbs... !

Here are some quick photo's of the buns from tonight and last week.

The group in Karen's hand last week:

Sweetiesbabiesgroupshot6-10-09.jpg

The group in Karen's hand this week:

Sweetiesbabys6-16-09picL.jpg

One in Karen's hand last week:

SweetiessmallestkitinKarenshand6-10.jpg

This week:

Sweetiesbabys6-16-09picM.jpg

Here are some other pics of the baby's:
Sweetiesbabys6-16-09picA.jpg

Sweetiesbaby6-16-09picD1.jpg

Sweetiesbabys6-16-09picC.jpg