Baby Bunny Updates

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was just out giving them their daily check up, I just pick two up randomly from the pile because I don't want to disturb them too much.

One was a little squeaky, is that normal?

They looked like they have been fed, they don't ever seem to have really big bellies but they are medium sized and not very wrinkly, plus they are super active! I have some pictures but they are a bit blurry, trying to balance a camera in one hand and a wiggly baby in the other is hard!

The agouti babies are starting to get bits of brown on them too :biggrin2:

GEDC2930.jpg

GEDC2928.jpg

AACK! :bunnyheart Shouldn't have looked! Now I'm all "aw, I want a baby!!)

So sweet.....

Yes it is very normal for baby bunnies to squeak. Especially if they think they are getting fed. It is a good sign if you put your hand just over them in the nest and they start squeaking and wiggling all over the place. It means they have lots of energy and must be getting enough food.

--Dawn

Just been out doing the morning check up, they are getting bigger everyday! I don't have any pics though, I was going to take a video but I left my memory card inside :blushan:

......Melts....:inlove:...must resist baby bunnies, lol.
Yeah, squeaking is very normal, all the bunnies from all our litters did it...even before their little eyes open as soon as they heard/smelled mom coming in the area they'd all move en mass as though they were magnetized to her, lol.

p.s. One time a day is all she nursed them.

paul2641 wrote:
Makes me wish I had an unneutered male! I want babies now!
Ya but it's going to be hard to part with them!

They don't really have pibk bits on them anymore, it's turned white now, their fur has really started to come in.

Way too cute! If you place a hand in the box and the babies start popcorning off of your hand, you have some vigorous babies!

I am expecting Axel and Juno Holland Lop babies a week from today... can't wait to share in the excitement of babies!

Denise

I made a video this time just showing the two different types I have, agouti and black, they are almost four days old!

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/sXCyrOpl5Rk&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

Sabine wrote:
They look really strong and healthy.
Thanks, the black ones are slimer then the agouti one, that one is just a fat ball lol

I was going to but I don't want to disturb them again, I have already had to move them. Plus Irish and UK breeders hardly use them at all so once you watch them you don't really need one, unless they are in a wire bottom cage :)

In this weather they are fine. nethies like to stretch their legs and would not want to stay in a box for long anyway by 2 weeks they will wander always go back to their nook tho!! just leave them as they are very few breeders over here use nest boxes as you say Grace we do not use wire bottom cages either so nest boxes are not always a necessity only a choice ;)
Personally I never use a nest box

Thanks, I think once they have fur and their eyes are open I don't see a problem with them exploring, as long as they have a soft ground :)

Latest posts

Back