Baby Bunnies Finally!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love it when baby animals start to open their eyes. They always look grumpy. I guess you have a couple little mini-disapproving-rexes to make you feel "uncomfortable"! :p They're adorable!

Luv-bunniz wrote:
Ohhh Elliot is adorable and I love his/her name!! Just adorable. I actually found myself "awwwwwing" at the screen. :p
Thanks! Do you think Elliot is cute for a girls name also? I think so, thats what I originally was gonna name a girl.

BSAR wrote:
Thanks! Do you think Elliot is cute for a girls name also? I think so, thats what I originally was gonna name a girl.
Why not? You could always shorten it to "Ellie", if Elliot seems too masculine.

wabbitmom12 wrote:
BSAR wrote:
Why not? You could always shorten it to "Ellie", if Elliot seems too masculine.
Exactly!! My sister and mom just think its too boyish. But I actually think Elliot is more feminine.

The baby bunnies are getting SO big! They are really fuzzy now too! No pictures from today yet, but we will get some! :p

We took them out when we went out too feed and one of the babies had one eye shut, so I took a warm wash cloth and gently worked it open. It's a little inflamed, so we're waiting for our mom to get back from the feed store with terramycin. We did have a tube of it, but when we sold Artie, that went with him as he got weepy eye quite often. So we'll put a little of that on the babies inflamed eye.

Anyway, that little baby with the eye-problem is doing great just like the others! Eye wasn't slowing him down a bit, and there's no cataract over it.

When we put the babies back in the cage, I cleaned the nestbox and the cage; let the babies just roam through the cage. Sage was like "Are you SERIOUS!?" lol. She jumped into the nestbox and started munching their hay as they ate hers...and a couple of the kids were nibbling some pellets! :p We had to get a new feed bowl for Sage because the other one had too large of sides for the babies to eat out of.
Already have switched water dish to water bottle, and Sage seems to be drinking TONS more water now that she has a bottle.... Like almost an entire bottle in on day. It's crazy.

Anyway, when we left the rabbitry, babies were all snuggled up in Sage's pile of hay, and she was eating her pellets. We're taking parsley, frozen water bottles and blackberry leaves out to the bunners in a little bit.

We've been giving Sage parsley while she nurses the kits...She only gets one leaf, and the others get 2 sprigs (including all the leaves/stems, etc.) So she's getting a small amount. Is this fine? She had grass throughout her entire pregnancy too. Of course, we're still not going to give the babies any grass/veg. until their quite older. I just recall that if the mother had grass/veg. during pregnancy/nursing then the babies could be introduced to those things earlier on?

Emily

BSAR wrote:
Luv-bunniz wrote:
Ohhh Elliot is adorable and I love his/her name!! Just adorable. I actually found myself "awwwwwing" at the screen. :p
I think Elliot is fine for a little doe. :)

Latest posts

Back