Baby Bunnies Finally!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peanuts can survive for up to 8 weeks and sometimes longer, so the little ones might be but alot of them look too big to be.

Longest a peanut has ever lived, from what I have heard, was a year. I got one to 4 weeks, I have a friend who got one to 6 weeks. I have also had people tell me they where truely not peanuts and they can only live 3 days and blah blah I was wrong. However, I know a peanut, at least in person, when I see one. There is a diffrence between a runt and a peanut and they are odvious. Not all peanuts are deformed the same, so to say all peanuts can only live a max of 3 days is a bit wrongly statistical.

Maybe do a comparison shot, like put a normal sized baby beside a small one and see if any of the breeders can tell.

The babies are doing good today. The little ones do sorta look like peanuts but I don't know know if they have cone shaped heads or not. I will try to get a comparison picture.

We have Ebasilic (sp) powder puppy milk and some syringes and everything. When I checked on the smallest ones today it looked like they had gotten a bit of milk. I think they can't get any because they are too small to match against there siblings.

I hope they aren't peanuts, but this would be the first time or second that we have had peanuts so that isn't too bad actually.

From the second group photo the small baby to the right, last baby, you can see very small ears. That with it's size and bulgy eyes make me say peanut. I can not say 100% sure without more clear pictures of it's features but I am pretty sure :( Peanuts are very comman in Mini Rex unless you get does without the gene which many people do.

I never really delt with peanuts even though most of my rabbits where around 3 lbs. I just lucked out. Now my other friend seems to get 60% peanuts, she does Mini Rex and Netherland Dwarfs. More so 80% in the Netherlands.

Are you letting her raise these babies in the building? I recall Rae(?) was raised inside.

They look like peanuts to me too. I just had a bunch of litters born this week and there were a few peanuts in them. They looked like yours. I have had peanuts live for up to 6 weeks and then unfortunately they die.

Roger

Well when went out to feed, one of the smallest babies was dead :( So I'm guessing they are indeed peanuts. They are about 2 1/2 times smaller than the regular sized babies :( I'm sure the other one won't make it for much longer. We will have pictures later.
Ray was raised in the house yes; these babies are out in the rabbitry.

Emily

aww its soo tiny...who knows maybe he'll be the one that shocks us all...but not to keep hopes up. good luck with him. i cant wait to see them when they're bigger.

Aww look at the poor little guy, it's so tiny! :( Sorry about the other little kit :(

Thank you. Yeah I hope he does survive. He was alive this morning when we checked on them so.
I can't believe they are already five days old! It actually to me eels that they are growing up slow. I can't wait till they open their eyes!!

Here are some pics from this evening!

The one tiniest one is still holding on, but doesn't look to good. He has to be getting some food though otherwise he wouldn't be just a tad bigger, nor be growing hair. Should we mix up some Ebasiclic (sp) puppy formula for him?

101_5383.jpg
Waiting for a clean nestbox.

101_5385.jpg
Before going back in the nest box.

101_5386.jpg
Again.

101_5387.jpg
5 days old!

101_5389.jpg
Sooo adorable! They are set to open their eyes next Wednesday! I can't wait!

I cannot wait to see them with their fur and eyes open! They are SO cute! Keep posting pics! you know I love it!

Latest posts

Back