Awful Day!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca

Reaction score
What I'm going to write below is for older girls only :)

Well today (of all days) I started 'that time of the month' I was scared and a bit confused! I told mum and she supplied me with the neccesities but then I remembered I had PE and Dance today at school - (this happened 15 mins before I was due to leave for the bus) So I was kind of panicking!
So naturally (well naturally for me anyway) I started to feel sick - I didn't know if I was going to be or not. I was really worried :shock:

Anyway got to school and remembered it was PHSE (where instead of going to our form rooms we have to check this board and we're in a different room) so I went to look on the board (my bus was late anyway) I saw 9REE (my form) and it said MU2 - so off I toddled to MU2... my class wasn't in there! I went back to the board and read it again it definitly said MU2! I went to my head of year and he goes your not in MU2 your in S7 so off I toddled to S7! Luckily they were in there otherwise I probably would of cried lol! Luckily I didn't get a late mark because I said my bus was late.

That might not seem bad to you but today is kind of important to me - I just think its stupid how we're just had 2 weeks off school and the 2nd day back is when my body starts to change - ARGH

Thanks for listening :)

AAWWW Becca i am sorry that you are going through this but you do get use to it. I remember when i got mine for the first time i was at an amusement park with my friend and her FATHER!!!!!!!!!!! I was mortified, i didnt know what to do, i didnt have anything with me, cause i had no clue that i was going to get it. I was miserable the whole day and went to the bathroom every other minute,lol, i was too embarressed to get something from the machines they have in the bathroom, so i wadded up toilet paper and put it on my underwear, so then i was even more paranoid,lol!!! I can of course laugh at it now but then it wasnt funny. One thing you will learn that it never comes at a convenient time, but you will learn to always be prepaired just in case.

hehe Fran!!
I'm just glad I wasn't actually at school - gosh that would of been bad!
I guess I'll get used to it! I don't like it though it feels wierd! I got this pain just under my belly this morning and I was like wtf - went to the bathroom and bam! I guess if I get that pain everytime before I get it I'll know when I'm coming on which could be a good thing. :)

Yes it will always come at the worst time. Bye a bag put your products in there keep it in your purse. So you always have them. Make sure you have pain killers also. I use midol. Its a girls best friend.

Be ready for the un expected.

I was at school in the class where they teach you about this. A malke teacher go figure. Then the cramps came. My mom thought I was dieing I thought I wasdieing I have the worst cramps ever.

Dont come near me. Dont touch me just let me be in my little ball on the floor tell the midol kicks in.

I'm so sorry! I hate going anywhere when mother nature gives me that "gift." Especially the first day. The first day is always the worst. Like Mrs. PBJ said Midol works wonders and always be prepared. Also, take it easy and get plenty of rest.

At first your cycles may be wacky until your body adjusts to it, but usually you can count on it anywhere from 28 to 35 days, but like i said sometimes peoples cycles are off or just wacky all the time. I usually use a motrin for cramps but usually i have one day in it that nothing really helps, just lots of veg time and not doing much of an ything

I think everyone is different, some get cramps some people dont. I use to get cramps all the time then i changed and would only be cramppy for one day of my whole period. some people bleed for 7 days i only ever had it for three days, one day being really heavy flow. I think it might take some time for you and your body to adjust to the changes. Unfortunately this is a blessing and a neccessaity if you ever want to have kids in the future. Some people can feel ovulation pains, i can feel t hem every other month from my one ovary and cant feel it in my other ovary.

Becca wrote:
Haven't felt that bad today really just sick :/ will that change??
Does everyone get cramps? If I do excersise and stuff will it help?
My 'time of the month' is totally weird, I can go months without one. I think the last time I had one was three months ago and the longest I've went without one was 5 months, but then I had the worst almighty painful one ever. So it doesn't bother me that they don't come around very often. :D

I always get a pain in my abdomen just before it starts, alot of the time it's the night before I feel a really bad pain and I feel all bloated and icky lol.

I started on September the 11th! I always remember the date (it wasn't 2001, by the way.. I was about 15).

I started while I was away at my Dads! Just my Dad was there... his girlfriend had gone away on holiday and I seemingly taken everything with her as well. I searched literally the whole house for some pads but I couldn't find any anywhere so I ended up going for the tissue method for 3 days...

I've never had huge cramps and always been normal/light, but occasionally it hits you. A few months ago I had the worst pains ever. I felt like I was going to be sick, I was writhing in pain on the sofa!

I haven't found exercise helps but heat definitely does, along with a lot of paracetemol.

Good luck! I hated pads, I always wanted to use tampons but could never get them to 'work'. I only managed to use them just after my 17th birthday and they are a life saver!

I'm lucky I don't get mood swings too bad, at least not noticeably. I also get dull pains a few days before so I can be prepared.

It is a real pain but you'll get used to it.

One good thing to do is to make a little star on your calendar or diary on the day you come on. That way you can watch out for a pattern without having to remember. I did that from day one, my pattern changed a bit and is now regular after 3 years. Very useful to know when you are expecting the 'painters and decorators'.

Here's a little LOL for you. I was at the concession stand at a movie theater (quite crowded). I was digging in my purse for my wallet and knocked out a tampon which, of course, went rolling across the floor. Needless to say, I was mortified. I was a teen when this happened.

Congratulations Becca :D You're growing up.

It's a nightmare starting, but the more it happens, the more you get used to it. Hopefully it won't be too bad for you if you didn't have much pain today.

The feeling sick may be related to this, but equally, it may just be that you've had a nasty churny day and you're over stressed and anxious and worrying about it, which makes it worse.

Yup :) I didn't start until I was 16, and everyone else had, and they talked about it, and I remember one conversation about how everyone in the year must have started and stuff, and I knew I hadn't. You're right, your body is working, and you're also very average too, I'd guess some of your friends have started, and some haven't, based on how much friends were, so that should help make it a bit easier too, because you should have others around you going through similar things.

Well, I guess.... congratulations? If that's the right thing to say?! Lol!

I remember when I started mine. It was one evening at home- during a powercut! I'd got to the toilet, realised I started, but then all the lights went out before I could do anything lol! I knew where the stuff was, but I couldn't find it or work out what I was doing in the dark, so I ended up having to let my mum in the bathroom with a torch to help me!

I agree with Tracy that the feeling sick is probably due to the stress of it all- it's quite a big thing to have happen to you, especially when you're in a rush like that!

Exercise is supposed to help, though I never feel like it. Hot water bottle too, and strangely enough, chocolate! I usually take paracetamol or ibuprofen, or both if it's really bad. My cramps do tend to get pretty bad especially recently after I had my coil removed (before that I'd had no monthly visits for 5 years- BLISS!) Just pampering myself with a magazine and a bar of dairy milk and snuggling on the sofa works for me usually! :D

Congratuations? I spose we should throw you a blood party haha, my friend got this "changes your body go through" book from her dad haha talk about akward lol. But anyway parently thats what some people do, it gave you all these suggestions on games, food etc.

1st thing tampons RULE! They kick butt! Yeah exercise is sposed to work but personally im like Jen, block o choc on couch! I got mine about 11 I think, at my dads...Dad was changing my sheets and saw the "evidence" my plan was to sneak in and wash them and dry them in the dead of darkness so no one knew lol. But Dad was trying to be nice and do my laundry and beat me to them. When I got back from being out there was a supermarket bag FULL of pads, tampons, incontinence daipers EVERYTHING, and some nice crispy sheets haha. Poor guy, never said anything either.......

LOL Bless your dad!

I'm scared to use tampons at the moment :( Pads are fine for now though I suppose :) I don't go swimming often - but I'm going on holiday for a couple of days in May... eek -I'm scared :(

Back