Awful Day!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Becca! It's so cool that you're entering into a new chapter of your life....and yeah, it is a pain sometimes. The more active you are, they say, the less likely you are to have really bad cramps. I take Motrin or Ibuprofen every month for a couple of days. Don't be surprised if you skip some time, or if you're just really regular right from the start. While we women all get this, it is really as individual as we are as to how it proceeds. Take care, and welcome to the wonderful world of womanhood.

i have not had mine, but enya, in my class had hers when she was 8!!!!!
poor enya.
poor becca.
wait i think i mean congrats!!!!LOL
i cant wait?????:?
:hug: to becca!!!!!!!!!
ps. sorry to take over thread but, i get white stuff "down there".
i use small, thin pad things. its geting more often, and "heavyer"if that makes sense. i just want to know what it is. i have had it for 5 or 6months.
sorry for :ph34r2 ur thread becca
moz-screenshot-35.jpg
feel_better_soon-2676.gif
lol. gitterly

Well Elena - don't worry about it serioiusly just deal with it when it happens to you and you'll deal with it in your own way :)

But thanks guys - I am quite active I guess :)

You don't need to worry about tampons. Just start with getting used to this, and then when the time feels right, then look about those, but don't get all anxious about them. Some ladies never use them at all, it's a choice and not something you have to do.

Elena the white stuff is discharge, and during the month alot of women will notice an increase in this right around olvulation time. This could be that your body is getting ready to start your period.

I havent had mine since last feb, because of pregnancy and now i am breast feeding, i did have the usual after the birth but boy i am not going to be happy when it comes back,lol. I have been having these dreams that i get it even though i am breast feeding,lol, do you think i really dont want it back?

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
Elena the white stuff is discharge, and during the month alot of women will notice an increase in this right around olvulation time. This could be that your body is getting ready to start your period.
oh yay! (sarcasm big time....)
my school bag has some "suplies" in it and 50p just in case i need to use the machine the girls bathroom.
:( increase..... big time.... becca said its cleaning my insides out... so i guess its getting ready..:(
----
thanks.
ps. becca. i heard that using tampons is best left till your, or any girls our age untill your older and it would not damage something or the other. i forget.
good luck becca.
:)
(should i tell my mum if i get my period? i dont really need to. i have lots of supplies and dont want to tell her in case she taunts me, and would not give me pain relife stuff.....oh well ill deal with it when it comes.)
;) bai becca.

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
. I have been having these dreams that i get it even though i am breast feeding,lol, do you think i really dont want it back?
hhummm...
let me see. night mares. = bad thing or you dont like.
i think you would really love it back!!!!!(sarcasm)

slavetoabunny wrote:
Here's a little LOL for you. I was at the concession stand at a movie theater (quite crowded). I was digging in my purse for my wallet and knocked out a tampon which, of course, went rolling across the floor. Needless to say, I was mortified. I was a teen when this happened.

Ha ha. I have had my fair share of monthly embarrassments!:rollseyesIncluding coming on my period while horse riding - in cream jodpurs. Yeah...it seeped right through.:embarrassed:That was dead embarrassing! LOL.

I wouldn't worry Becca.:)I get quite nauseous sometimes and crampscan really hurt, but neurofen and a hot water bottle usually do the trick! That being said, I am constantly arguing with one of my male friends over what is more painful - period cramps or being kicked in his 'man area'. Men don't know pain!;)

The first time I started mine...it was the night before my first day of school in the 4th grade. It was like...3 weeks before my 10th birthday. :) Oh...it was grand...just grand.

You can use tampons any age but only when your ready :)
And remember I'm here to talk to if you don't want to tell your mum. Its up to you if you want to tell her or not.

Becca wrote:
LOL Bless your dad!

I'm scared to use tampons at the moment :( Pads are fine for now though I suppose :) I don't go swimming often - but I'm going on holiday for a couple of days in May... eek -I'm scared :(

I started attempting tampons about a year after I started (so, like 16) and I found it impossible. It really hurt and it made me feel dizzy and weird. I tried every month for a year and I was so upset about it. Eventually one day I just persevered (I remember being in a very very odd position when it finally 'worked' sorry if thats TMI) and I was so happy!

If you do want to try I recommend going for the lightest, smallest tampon you can find. I also find plastic applicators are much, much easier. I use Tampax Compack which are pink, much better than the paper ones IMO.

They seriously rock though. I haven't used a pad in almost 18 months, I could never go back to them! They make me feel so much better and I hardly notice I'm on anymore because they are so easy. Plus you can always inconspicuously stuff them up your sleeve when you go to the loo in class to avoid the 'why does she need to take her bag with her?' comments.

Bunnys_rule63 wrote:
slavetoabunny wrote:
Here's a little LOL for you. I was at the concession stand at a movie theater (quite crowded). I was digging in my purse for my wallet and knocked out a tampon which, of course, went rolling across the floor. Needless to say, I was mortified. I was a teen when this happened.

Ha ha. I have had my fair share of monthly embarrassments!:rollseyesIncluding coming on my period while horse riding - in cream jodpurs. Yeah...it seeped right through.:embarrassed:That was dead embarrassing! LOL.
Cringe!

My friend get's hers reallly heavy, and the poor girl always seems to get them anything we are having sleepovers, my last birthday she had it and was sitting on my bed and it seeped through onto the cover, nice. She noticed and got dead embarassed and was trying to cover it up, I felt so bad for her, like it wasn't her fault. So my other friend just sort of made a joke of it and said '' X, do you need a pad'' so she wasn't too embarassed.

I don't think I have any embarassing stories, mine usually aren't too heavy but they can be.

Oh and if you have really bad stomach cramps, if you lie in a 'foetal position' is helps alot! It's like where you lie on your side, bend your knees and bring them up to your stomach, it's always how I fall asleep when I have cramps.

Oh Grace your poor friend! My friend was staying at my house for 2 weeks while her parents were away and she leaked, like LEAKED through the sheets, mattress protector the only thing that stopped it was the electric blanket, she was so embarassed when she told me, poor wee poppet.

Oh Fran I know what you mean about the tampon thing! took me like years to acctually get them working, but they're bliss once you got it. I don't really like applicators but they're good to "get the hang of things" I like those kotex U ones in bright little colours and they're tiny as. I saw these cases in a pharmacy the other day it was like a lipgloss tube but it was actually a tampon holder! Ingenious!

yes tampons are a girls best friend.

I cant use pads unless I have to

I get really heavy periods. Like super plus tampon and still need to change it every 2 hours heavy (for the first few days). I love tampons. It just makes things cleaner and feels better. I still need pads for backup. I didn't start using tampons until about 1 year after I stared.
When you are at school, keep a pad in your pocket or purse (if you are allowed a purse with you). That way you don't have to go to your bag or locker to get one. Try to go during class breaks. It is better to go more than you need than to have it leak.

For me, nights are the worst. I either use a small towel between my legs or a pad and some tight shorts (like gym shorts) to keep everything in place. I like to to wipes to clean up if it is a bit messy, especially with pads. I have seen some pads that come with a wipe so you don't have to carry wipes as well as the other stuff.

I don't get bad cramps or pain. Exercise can help with some discomfort and can also get your mind off of your period.

Don't be afraid to let your teachers know that you have it and may not be able to participate in a class like Gym or dance. Get a friend to talk to your teacher with you if you want. Most teachers are understanding (especially female teachers) and will excuse you. Having a note from home can be helpful too.

Latest posts

Back