Awful Day!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
slavetoabunny wrote:
Here's a little LOL for you. I was at the concession stand at a movie theater (quite crowded). I was digging in my purse for my wallet and knocked out a tampon which, of course, went rolling across the floor. Needless to say, I was mortified. I was a teen when this happened.
LOL! I once dug for a pen in my purse (I have those big chunky ones) and I pulled out a tampon and started to hand it to someone!! LOL!

irishbunny wrote:

My friend get's hers reallly heavy, and the poor girl always seems to get them anything we are having sleepovers, my last birthday she had it and was sitting on my bed and it seeped through onto the cover, nice. She noticed and got dead embarassed and was trying to cover it up, I felt so bad for her, like it wasn't her fault. So my other friend just sort of made a joke of it and said '' X, do you need a pad'' so she wasn't too embarassed.

In high school -

I went into the bathroom and found an aquaintance in there crying. She had on a white skirt and bled through... She was mortified.

I went to the locker room and got my sweat pants - went back to the bathroom and offered them to her but she declined since they went against dress code. I gave her my blue jeans to wear and wore the sweat pants myself.

I didn't make it through the rest of class before I was pulled into the office for "innapropriate attire". I not only got sent home, but ended up suspended for 2 days for breaking the rules.

Go figure!

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
I get really heavy periods. Like super plus tampon and still need to change it every 2 hours heavy (for the first few days).
I get it bad sometimes that the Super plus tampons i have to change hourly , if that!!!!!!!!!!! but that is usually only for a day, thank god!!!!!!!

Leaf, what a story! That sucks that you got suspended, but at least it was for a good cause.

I started when I was 10 and no one else was even close to starting. It took at least two years for most of my friends to catch up with me. I remember one girl made a comment at always having to wear a pad because she thought once it started you never stopped! I had to explain how it worked to her.

I could never get tampons to work properly. I would always have to use a panty liner or something as back up because I would always leak. And the tampon would never be full either, it would just somehow work it's way around it.

Now, I use something that is called a "Diva Cup". It is a reusable cup made from silicon. You dump it and wash it, then re-insert it.
http://www.divacup.com/

I love it so much. It took me about three months to figure out how to insert it correctly, but now it's like nothing is there. No leaks, and I only have to deal with it twice a day. One of the biggest pluses is that you only have to buy once, and you don't have to ever worry about running out of supplies. It's also better for the environment.

--Dawn

A diva cup hhhmmm does it hurt to insert it it looks bigger around then a tampon. I may have to try that

I've never been able to use tampons :( I just can't get along with them. I HATE using pads- they are SO uncomfortable, the wings never stay in place and they're just.... not nice. I think maybe I need to try again because all my friends use them and swear by them too.

I remember when I was younger I was ALWAYS paranoid that I would leak. I got so paranoid that when I went to sleepovers at my friends house etc instead of just my usual nightdress I would wear 2 pairs of pants, a pair of shorts, and even one time I remember wearing 2 pads!! I used to get up super-early and check, but one day I forgot to check and I had leaked, but my friend just told her mum who washed the duvet and told me not to worry about it. Bless!

I hate pads too :( They are so uncomfortable, especially in warm weather lol!

I was lucky my grandma was a be prepared woman. So when I hit 9 (Some woman in my family start REALLY young) she sewed a little pouch in my bags so I had pads ALL the time! So when I was in 7th grade(End of Jan 96) (I know because I was hit by a car a few days later!) I felt funny! Cramps started and I got up asked to go to the bathroom took my bag...

Than I went home called my mom at work let her know and yea.... She called my grandma, aunts etc.... My grandma called her sister.... Yea 2:30pm I told my mom by 3:00pm MY WHOLE FAMILY KNEW!

I also recall I was using a silk dress my mom had. It was yellow with flowers. I kept thinking thank god I am prepared otherwise she would kill me if it was damaged.

I just called and asked why she let everyone know...her response..."It's tradition!"

aurora369 wrote:
Now, I use something that is called a "Diva Cup". It is a reusable cup made from silicon. You dump it and wash it, then re-insert it.
http://www.divacup.com/

I love it so much. It took me about three months to figure out how to insert it correctly, but now it's like nothing is there. No leaks, and I only have to deal with it twice a day. One of the biggest pluses is that you only have to buy once, and you don't have to ever worry about running out of supplies. It's also better for the environment.

--Dawn

I am so trying to figure that out...

I have NEVER attempted tampons!! :nerves1They scare me!

Mrs. PJB: You kinda fold it up when you insert it, then it expands once it's in. I can't feel it at all once it is inserted properly. In the long run, I'm going to save so much money as well. It was $40 for me to buy, but in 3-4 months pretty much paid me back.

After trying just about every brand of tampon, and having non of them work properly, this is a life saver. I can also wear it swimming or for other exercise activities with out a problem.

--Dawn

PepnFluff wrote:
Oh Fran I know what you mean about the tampon thing! took me like years to acctually get them working, but they're bliss once you got it. I don't really like applicators but they're good to "get the hang of things" I like those kotex U ones in bright little colours and they're tiny as. I saw these cases in a pharmacy the other day it was like a lipgloss tube but it was actually a tampon holder! Ingenious!

HAHAHA.. Becca... worst day ay?
I got my first one (i've only had 2 but man... i wished they came later in life haha) at the worst timing as well...

my... 13th b'day, while i was overseas.

*roll eyes*

but emm.. yes i do agree with Phoebe tampons are aweeesome. She actually introduced them to me like we send packages and she sent me some to try haha. i'm still getting the hang of things.

Yeah me 2 kotex onse are awesome..

oh and phoebe! you know the carefree one? it was 8$ for a 2 16 one i was like :O but dad was there :p

Aww sorry you had a bad start Becca! :(

I got mine when I was.. 10? 11? Can't even remember. I was still at primary school anyway. But mine aren't too bad, I have like 6 weeks between them, and I usually don't get too much cramp, though recently it has been getting worse. I get into very bad moods though.

I've never tried tampons only because I'd be too embarrassed to buy them or ask my mum to buy them for me! I should just go somewhere I don't know the people who work and get them though. Dawn I've heard of something like that, the mooncup http://www.mooncup.co.uk/ think that's the same? I would like the try that too but again, buying it will be an issue for me. xD

Thank god I've never had any embarrassing leakages! Though I remember a few years ago a friend at school got hers.. all over the skirt and chair.. and A LOT of people saw. :(

irishlops wrote:
ps. sorry to take over thread but, i get white stuff "down there".
i use small, thin pad things. its geting more often, and "heavyer"if that makes sense. i just want to know what it is. i have had it for 5 or 6months.
sorry for :ph34r2 ur thread becca
moz-screenshot-35.jpg

thats called ovulation (sp)
I used to have them 2 for like 2 years haha then i got my period and its starting to stop. don't worry about it, those small thin pads you mean Pantyliners? i recommend using Carefree the THIN THIN THIN ones they're really good and while i was over seas i got panty liners that you can rip like its two layers so you change it less just rip it and chuck it i the bin.

G'luck haha

I got my period a week after my 13th birthday, so the summer before 8th grade.
Going to an all girls high school definitely desensitizes you to the stigma around menstruation though. Though the male teachers were kind of awkward about us throwing tampons to eachother across the classroom.

I also swear by tampons, but I usually also use a pad as a backup, if only because sometimes I'm running between classes and don't really have time to change it often enough then whoops, leakage.

I have a tampon case like this one
http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?source=family&itemId=17974
that I keep stocked in my bag.

Congratulations!

Ah, had to start sometime! Really a pain in the neck though.
I can't remember when I got mine, but mine started out super super light, so was never a problem until a couple years ago. Now the annoying thing just pops up unexpected. I've always been slightly underweight, so my periods were at no regular times, which used to throw me through a loop (being out somewhere with absolutely no 'resources' available- nightmare!). They've started to regular out a bit now that I've kept my weight steady and keeping weight on more easily. So don't be surprised if they can vary in times between you're cycles, sometimes mine were months and months before one would come, then go back to every 4-6weeks.

It seems to always come up at the worst times, don't they?

I don't get cramps at all. Sometimes I'll get a knotty feeling in my stomach, and that's it. I just take ibuprofen because it's uncomfortable but not painful.

Also, my sister told me that to lighten your periods, drink lots of orange juice and water the days leading up to when it's supposed to start. Not sure if it works or not...

Emily

I don't remember when I first started mine, but I know I was 16 before I started.
For a long time, mine was always really light, but very irregular. (I was irregular, even though my mom put me on the pill when I was 17.)
As I got older (mid-20's), I got more regular, but it also got a lot heavier, and the cramps were the worst pain ever. I finally switched BC pills until now I'm on one so I don't have my period at all, partly for convenience, and partly because the pain was so unbearable for me.

I did find a heating pad on the tummy to work wonders for the pain.

Like others have said, every woman is different.

Tampons were a lifesaver for me! I could never use pads without them leaking everywhere, even on light days. I know plenty of women who use them without problems, though.

Christina, that tampon case is awesome! I almost wish I still got "that time of the month," just so I could use one of those cases!

Micheala: Yes the moon cup is the UK version of the diva cup. If you ever get the chance to try, you should.

Something interesting about when I got mine. My mother had her last period at the same time as I had my first. So in a way, she kind of passed it off to me.

I was also very lucky in that I got my first one, and I have been on a 28 day cycle ever since. Like clockwork, almost to the hour. It's not really heavy either, with minimal cramping, almost none at all.

--Dawn

Becca, sorry the day started out stressful but it doesn't sound like it was too bad after all! I started my period when I was 11 years old and was in the 6th grade. It was pretty anti-climactic thankfully, it just started at home while I was peeing. No mess!

I had something horrible happen at school the next day though- I was new to the small Catholic school and REALLY didn't fit in with the other kids (I was incredibly shy), and I was the first girl in my class to start my period. During one of our breaks, I went to the bathroom to change my pad and the bathroom was crammed with about 10 girls. When I was in the bathroom stall, I managed to DROP my very bloody pad on the floor and even though I picked it up right away, everyone saw it and went quiet. I waited for about 5 minutes for people to leave, but they all stayed so they could see who it was. To make it worse, the bathroom stall didn't have a receptacle to throw the used pad in so I had to carry it out with me, wrapped in a ton of toilet paper, and throw it away in the regular bathroom garbage with everyone staring at me :bawl: By the end of the day, everyone in the upper grades knew what had happened.

Latest posts

Back