Ash - Phoenix Rising

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Poor little bald baby. They look a little silly with short hair on their body and big ol fuzzy ears but I love it! lol She is cute!

I had to go away to Sydney for 4 days so my lovely mother looked after all my pets for me. One of my kitties; Cas who seems to have made friends with Ash spent most of his time asleep on top of her crate and I've caught him quite a few times curled up asleep in the hay box and Ash doesn't mind. She's hopping around the house like a nut and loves exploring. I've also noticed that she's gained more weight over the past week since I've started on this new 'chopped hay' which seems to have more alfalfa/lucerne in it and more pellets.

Tomorrow she's going down to the vet for her calici vaccination tomorrow, along with my dog (who lives in the laundry and outside and doesn't see Ash) and one of my kitties is going down for a check up.

SirAsh1.jpg

SirAsh2.jpg

Ash with her kitty friend; Sir Puss. They happily shared a pet carrier down to the vets and everyone in the surgery thought it funny to see them in there together happy as anything, except my mother had to take Ash out after Sir Puss farted and stunk it up

That's so good to see! Heartwarming.

And who farted? Blame the cat! lol Poor Sir Puss.

BTW, I get a bit nervous when I go see the doctor. Maybe Sir Puss felt the same way? Don't blame him. Bit upsetting smelling all those different smells of disinfectant and nervousness from other animals and you. And believe it or not, animals do sense your feelings.

K:)

Na, Sir farted cause the vet was feeling around his middle and trying to figure out if it was a lump on his kidney or just a full bowel. The vet also had to stick him over near a running tap so he would stop purring long enough to listen to his heartbeat... he's a talkative puss cat

Ash is just over 15 weeks old and is a growing bun! I got some Barastoc Rabbit & Guinea Pig Pellets from a feed store about half an hour away as the local stores didn't have this type. It has higher fat and at a quarter of the cost of Oxbow I can feed her a lot more of them without breaking the bank.

I've discovered that although she uses her litters I do find puddles and pellets on the tiled floor of the bathroom or in the corner of the dining room where I had a strip of plastic and an extra litter for the cats. At least she does it on easy to clean surfaces! But I've still got to get use to the different coloured pees.

Yesterday I picked up two large bundles of bok choy for a bargain $1 a bunch from the local Farmer's Market and it was freshly picked that morning instead of sitting for who knows how long on the shelf at the supermarket... just hope that it will last until next Sunday so I can get her some more!!

I'm wondering how I lived without a bunny in my life, don't get me wrong my kitties are entertaining but there's just something about watching bunny zoomies and their antics that is funny to watch. Ash has also had the hair on her legs trimmed (except for that on her pads) because she hates me trying to brush out the matts.

Ashflop1.jpg

Happy bunny flop

534901_3547141329696_1607453748_2679508_1733088746_n.jpg

Ash is growing into a beautiful bunny, although at the moment she's turned into quite the little b*tch, I think it's her hormones starting to come into effect. She chases the cats who for the past two months she's ignored, she's started to hate getting picked up and cuddled and this afternoon while my mother was saying hi and giving her a scratch she bit, not nibbled but bit her on the finger (thankfully didn't draw blood as my mother bleeds easily), this week I'll be talking to the local bunny savvy vet about desexing/spaying.

I'm also thinking of adding to my menagerie with a rescue bunny, a local bunny rescue (well they're about 2 hours away) recently rescued two unpaired Jersey Woolies and wondering if one of them would make a good pal for Ash (also maybe she's also stop thinking she's a cat if she has a bunny friend)

549397_3639088988330_1607453748_2716959_1326530618_n.jpg

Well Ash is growing into a beautiful bunny, as mentioned I've found a good vet and she's going in next week to get spayed. Hopefully by this time next week I'll be coming home with another bunny, the supposed Jersey Woolies at the bunny rescue look nothing like the pictures I've seen so thinking they're crosses of something. I'll wait and see what bunnies they have there (they have over 30 last I heard) and who tugs at the heart strings, so be prepared for news on a new bun-bun

Thanks Em for sharing those pics. It's help fulfill my "Beautiful Angora" fix.

She's absolutely stunning. She's really grown into her name.

Yea, I would say hormones were the cause of that bite. Hope your Mom's OK. Good for you for reacting quickly with the spay. Wishing an easy surgery and quick recovery for Ash.

Wishing you all the luck finding that bunny that tugs at your heart. Looking forward to meeting the new addition to your lovely menagerie.

K:)

Thanks Karen, I hope she recovers quickly too! My mother's OK, it was more the shock of getting bitten than anything. I'll be sure to get photos of the new addition and have a 'soft crate' to set up ready for the little bunny until Ash recovers from the surgery and I can start trying to bond them... if they don't get along I'll have to go buy another crate

Ash has healed up fine after her spay operation, her coat is starting to blow so looks like early next week I'll be harvesting despite the fact that it's winter here. She's a brat at times but I love her

Ash296a.jpg

Just saw your blog enjoyed reading it and Ash is gorgeous. When she was a baby, she looked alot like Agnes whenmshe was a baby. She's a lionhead and black like that when she was little.

Glad the spay went good. Agnes spay is set for august...I'm so nervous!

Ash is fine, she was blowing her coat so I had to clip her back. Left her belly and face long because it is the middle of winter here and we've had a few cool evenings but she seems to be handling it as I left about 1/4 inch of fluff on her

I wish I could send you 20 degrees to make sure Ash is warm. Silly bunny, blowing her coat. But good Mom, making sure she's got something to keep her warm on those cold nights.

K

Ash is going well, loves her hay and today I let her out while I cleaned her crate, she binkied around and pretty much landed on one of the cats, cat wasn't sure how to take it.

Latest posts

Back