Ash - Phoenix Rising

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well young Miss Ash is home and settling in. I'm surprised that she's used the litter box twice and haven't seen any mess elsewhere. I had her out for a brush and she happily sat on my lap while I ran the comb through one side.

The kitties seem perplexed by this fluffy thing but of course any meetings are supervised. I promise more photos tomorrow when she settles in

Ash8.jpg

Ash9.jpg

Ash has had a wander around the house, got batted at by one of the cats (no claws thankfully), tried to have a nibble on my toes and about five minutes ago she discovered that if she pushes on the door of her crate it opens, then once outside she pushed it until it closed

She's a happy little bunny, this morning she's had a hop around and hopped right past one of the cats who was more interested in me thinking I'd give him food. We do have some pellets on the mat where her food bowls are but has also used the litter box... can't expect miracles in 48 hours.

I've also noticed that Ash loves to lie down in a happy bunny flop and then suddenly jumps up for a hop around the crate. She's also had no problems with switching over to her new diet, still poo-ing so that's always a good thing. I'm glad she's so understanding having a new bunny owner for a Mum

It's been over a week now and Ash is settling in really well, no problems with the change of diet and her sneezing has disappeared to almost nil (except for when she's got her head in the food bowl) so was obviously the change of food that was causing it, we've had cuddles and grooming sessions regularly.

But unfortunately with the weather as it is (warm, occasional wet days and cool nights) we've got another flea infestation, hopefully the bunny friendly flea treatment will be here tomorrow so I can treat her for these nasty little biters cause I can see they're annoying the hell out of her.

I'm so glad Ash is settling in nicely. Know about the weird weather. We have it hear in the States. That's what I think caused Neville's Wry Neck. The completely fast change in temperatures. From 40's right to 80's. It was very, very strange. Mid Atlantic states have weird weather due to the water bodies inland, but this was really weird. And now it seems like we are in Spring and it's the end of March. We usually don't experience this until the Middle of May.

I can't even imagine about the bugs. We have a bad mosquito problem already because of the mild winter. Hate fleas too, but knock on wood nothing so far. Jake will be powdered real soon and we are already getting the bunny run outside prepared so we can combat any bugs. We have such a change in bugs, especially mosquitos now that the bug zappers are useless. The Mosquito body now is very small.

Wishing you luck in combating those nasty fleas.

K:)

Ash is also a real social butterfly, I saw some friends who own a hair salon and asked if I could bring Ash down... so last Monday we went down and Ash loved it, hopping around the place, getting cuddles from everyone and curling up on the bookcase. They've loved her so much that she's been invited back down today while my mother gets her hair done.

That is so wonderful that Ash is so personable. What sweet people you go to for haircuts to allow that and actually really enjoy Ash's company.

Love the new pics!

So THAT'S whose fur I've been finding all over the apartment. I knew Tippy had befriended an Angora without my knowledge...there's too much fur for a mini-rex alone, but I think I've found the culprit! You and me and Ash and Q-tip need to sit down and have a little talk about trust and about visits behind mommy's back!

Oh, and then Ash will stay here with me, because the Tipster is already quite attached, it seems.

Q-tip and Ash must be getting onto the computers while we're asleep and she's sending bits of her fluff over the internet. Poor thing had a hair cut yesterday morning because the nasty fleas caused itching which lead to matted and thinned out hair, so the top and cheeks came off... she's not overly happy with me for doing it

Aww. You know she collected that fluff and sent it over here. I got home from work and there was a ball off fluff the size of a baby flemmie in my chair...Q-tip looked quite guilty!

I can't wait to see a picture of her haircut.

Well poor Miss Ash is pretty naked now. Upon closer inspection she had quite a few matts all over from the nasty fleas so a clip back it was... it's a pretty rough job but at least now she'll be a bit more comfortable without them and gives her coat a chance to grow with no nasty fleas

ClipAsh2.jpg

Miss Ash will be beautiful again. So glad she now will be able to be rid of those nasty fleas.

I still think Angoras are lovely, even when plucked. And definitely Miss Ash is IMHO. I think it must be exciting and fascinating watching the new coat come in. Hope you post pics of Miss Ash introducing her new coat.

Latest posts

Back