Are my rabbit's poop fine?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sogoatylike

Reaction score
Those are from his recent alfalfa-blossom hay feast that he recently transitioned into. (Prefers the alfalfa though by a long shot.) It's what he's been always eating recently.

He's 3 months old and his diets consists of a small amount of alfalfa pellets. (2/8 of a cup refreshed every 12 hour), unlimited oxbow sweet and soft alfalfa hay as well as unlimited unizoo blossom hay but to lesser quantities.

He poops and eats regularly. His poop primarily are moist and decently fall apart when applied pressure. I can see tiny bits of hay from time to time too.

Only reason I'm posting here is because I'm concerned about their relative dark color and occasionally sturdy material they possess. Is it something I should be worried about in this case? Should I not be feeding him both alfalfa hay and alfalfa pellets cause it's too much protein on his diet?

If camera quality is bad, let me know.

Attachments

• IMG_20200821_173550.jpg
    IMG_20200821_173550.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 13
I have not heard of unizoo blossom hay. What country are you in? When I searched the hay, it only showed something in Russian.

If your rabbit is on alfalfa pellets, I'd suggest mixing some timothy (or other grass) hay in with the alfalfa hay. Then gradually decrease the proportion of the alfalfa hay until he's off of it. He doesn't need both the pellets and the hay to be alfalfa.

The poos look fine to me.
What do you mean by refreshing his pellets every 12 hours, he still has some in his bowl after 12 hours?
What brand and ingredients are your pellets, how much fibre, protein?
As above your rabbit doesn't need alfalfa hay if he's not underweight he gets alfalfa from his pellets already, it is okay to feed some alfalfa hay since he is still a baby, but you should start transferring him to grass hay

I have not heard of unizoo blossom hay. What country are you in? When I searched the hay, it only showed something in Russian.

If your rabbit is on alfalfa pellets, I'd suggest mixing some timothy (or other grass) hay in with the alfalfa hay. Then gradually decrease the proportion of the alfalfa hay until he's off of it. He doesn't need both the pellets and the hay to be alfalfa.

I'm in Belgium. Blossom hay is a type of herbal hay. That's the one I use. I buy it from the local pet shop.

As for the hay, I'll reduce his alfalfa hay intake and start introducing Timothy hay to see if he prefers it to Herbal as it's not his favorite. I will replace Alfalfa though. I've been worried about his protein intake so thanks for the heads-up!

Attachments

• IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20200821_205022.jpg
    IMG_20200821_205022.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 3
The poos look fine to me.
What do you mean by refreshing his pellets every 12 hours, he still has some in his bowl after 12 hours?
What brand and ingredients are your pellets, how much fibre, protein?
As above your rabbit doesn't need alfalfa hay if he's not underweight he gets alfalfa from his pellets already, it is okay to feed some alfalfa hay since he is still a baby, but you should start transferring him to grass hay

Good to know!

By refreshing I meant refilling. He eats them all by 12 hours and then I provide him more.

The pellets are Vadigran brand. Ingredients and nutrients are as listed in the picture.

I'll start transitioning hays, thanks!

Attachments

• 5411468120387.4.jpeg
    5411468120387.4.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 5

Latest posts

Back