Apollo's Acres

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I hope Jeremygets to play more! I sure wish I was there with you. I'd sit and chanthis name until the coach either put him in or threw me out of the park!Of course you might not takeme...

I'm very well behaved untilIjust can't take any more. Then I spout off at the mouth alot!

At our highschool soccer game last nightthe other teams girls were getting overlyphysical and therefs weren't calling anything. Anyway, I'd finally had it and I jumpedup in the stands and yelled "Okay girls you've takenenough ofthat crap! You don't have to look pretty next week, prom'sover!" The side ref turned around and looked at me...I justlooked back at him over my sunglasses and said "If you don't want it toget bloody then you better start calling the fouls."

I ended up encouraging my daughter tostep on someone's face, layout a forward, and perform a fewotherviolent acts! :shock:

Raspberry

Tina,

This new set of pictures of Apollo and Jeremy are Beautiful. You keep out-doing yourself.

:dude:

-Carolyn

I am normally soooo patient. But thesepeople are wearing me down. Three practices now they moved an hour awayand never told Jeremy or called. Other mothers have all told me that ifJeremy can handle riding the bench this year he'll love playing nextyear.:shock::shock:

I signed up for 2 stints working the concession stand. I figurego ahead and get it over with. There is a group of 4 moms that willonly work it if 2 of them can be together. The one mom said she Refusesto work with any new moms because last year she had one and the new momdidn't do anything. She was a *potty word*.:shock:

Well with that attitude I'm not surprised. but anyway. Sadly ifyou are not 12 years old or the coaches kid you don't play. If you justmoved here and don't know anyone you're a cuss word.

Dale is Irate that I haven't pulled Jeremy already. I am givingthem a few more tries before I do. I am going to work my concessionstand this weekend. Then if I need to pull Jeremy he can say he triedhis best and I pulled my fair share.

Sorry Ineeded to rant.

Tina

Pull him now - and you and Jeremy go have a greatweekend together! They won't appreciate you working on theweekend anyway. Why bother.

-Carolyn

Why are kids sports so ridiculous these days!It's just a game. Everyone should get to play, no favorites. Especiallyif it's just a recreational league, which sounds like what Jeremy isin. I played soccer for 8 years, but when it started getting out ofhand like that it just wasn't any fun anymore and I was forced to quit.Why don't people understand kids just want to have fun and play?

I agree completely. It is insane. I'mtrying to instill teamwork, respect for others and sportsmanship. Theyare showing favortism, bias, and it's not what you know but who youknow.

Carolyn, I don't want to quit with out trying and neither doesJeremy. We both want to be able to say we tried our best and it is justnot working. Then we can walk away and not feel like quitters. I hatethat we are in this situation.

Next year Jeremy is most definitely going to be playing actualLittle League again. It's much more fair, and I don't have to drive allacross Virginia for games.They are all in the same town.

Sorry, I'll hush now. I'm just so upset by this.

Tina

I have a differentperspective than most I suppose. Tina, if Jeremy doesn't want to quitthen I think you should support him to the end of the earth. Especiallywith his health problems. I hope I'm not stepping out of line, but younever know which season he will or won't be as able to play.

If a kid has the heart to get out thereand play, to go to the practices, to sit the bench and wait for his fewminutes of playing time, then some day that kid is going to be a hellof a person. Not just an athlete, but a person, for what he learnedfrom those experiences.

Not all coaches or teams are positiveexperiences, but you have to make it through them. As long as you arethere to see that he isn't mentally or emotionally abused and you arethere to repair the damage to his ego and his heart. Then itis a building experience. You can use every drive home from practice ora game as a bonding time to get closer to your son. Listen, there arejerk teachers, jerk kids in school, jerk coaches, jerk bosses, jerkpolicemen....you get the point. You gotta teach him now to live up tohis commitment and learn how to handle it. Especially if he loves thegame and he wants to do it. And in the long run he will respect you andhimself all the more for it.

That's just my opinion. For what its worth.

Raspberry

Raspberry, I think you nailed it on the head perfectly. Thank you.

For years Jeremy couldn't even really ride a bike. For those ofyou who don't knowJeremy has 2 rare formsofEpilepsyand numerous health issues.

So we will stick with it a bit longer. If he decideshe wants out that's ok too.I won't make him stick with it ifit's hurting him.Dale has marked off an actual baseball fieldin the yard.Full size:shock:I can always invest in a pitchingmachine and work with him that way.

Jeremy is left out of alot by kids and adults that don'tunderstand Epilepsy. They are afraid of what they don't understand andthe kids see Jer's trips to the nurse's office as special treatment.Such is life.

God blessed me with one his truly Special Angels.

Tina

ps Thank you for being there and enduring my little whine fest.

he's absolutely georgeous

appollo

i melt when i see the pictures

how much does he weigh and does he eat alot

can you give me a guide as to what flemishes eat and do they need alot of exercise

varna xxxx

Varna, thank you I will tell Apollo you said that.

Apollo gets every day:
unlimited pellets
unlimited hay
unlimited vanilla water
a handful of dried papaya
a handful of vegetables
6 black oil sunflower seeds

Apollo weighs 15 pounds right now but did weigh 18 pounds. He'sgetting back to 18 pounds again. I will have to measure how much heeats because I'm not real sure. I just fill his feeder. I will tell youin a day or two ok.

Apollo has the kitchen, living room and hallway to run aroundin. He usually sleeps most of the time. Or follows me around. Flemishgiants aren't a ral run around breed. They play for a bit and then laydown for a nap.

Flemish Giants want to be where you are. They love to be lovedon and hate if they can't be with you. Apollo even has to go tobathroom with me or he scratches the door until I let him in.

You wouldn't go wrong with a Flemish. How is Lucy?

Tina and Apollo

I'm sure if this doesn't work out for Jeremyyou'll find a team that will. There are great leagues and teams outthere for kids who just want to play on a team! Especially at Jeremy'sage. Have you ever thought of enrolling him in some riding classes? Idid that when I was younger and LOVED it. Many stables have pony clubsand drill team riding for kids who want to have a sort of "team sport"on horseback. My mom works at a school for kids with disabilities andthey have an equestrian therapy program there. Some children withepilepsy really seem to have been helped by the progam. One little girlwho had grand mal seizures nearly 3 times a week started the programand in a couple of weeks her seizures decreased dramatically! and therehad be no change in any other part of her routine. They think it has todo with stress level for her. This school is for kids with physical andmental handicaps, so I'm sure it would be a bit different for Jeremy,but it certainly wouldn't hurt him. Just thought it might be somethingyou and Jer would like to look into.

That's interestingthat you brought that up. I saw a story on that very same thingrecently. SLG and I lovehorses! Inmy book,just beingnear them on a regular basis would improve someone's life!

Raspberry

EEEM wrote:
Have you ever thought of enrolling him in someriding classes? I did that when I was younger and LOVED it. Manystables have pony clubs and drill team riding for kids who want to havea sort of "team sport" on horseback.
Hmmmm. I can see Tina getting some horses to add to her petting zoo :p:D

Jan

Just plant that seed! :p

As far as the baseball thing goes, I'm with Raz. Try to put up with itas long as he can. Also, thank you for sharing. I did not know aboutthat and can empathize. One of my brother-in-laws has severe epilepsyand I've seen him seize for hours at a time.

Besides, baseball is the All American Sport! You just gotta let himparticpate in that. Although, I agree about switching from the "clique"team this seems to be. (Sorry if I've overstepped bounds.)

Tina and Jer,

I'm so sorry you have to go through all this baseball nonsense!

What ever happened to PLAYING A GAME?

as my dad always told us "there's no 'I' in 'team'!

I hope it all works out for you guys... and like I said before, theMonkeys and I are recruiting a team, are you intrested????????

much love,

Monkeys!:)

mambo101 wrote:
dajeti2 wrote:
Apolloeven has to go to bathroom with me or he scratches the door until I lethim in.

Tina and Apollo
I think I would have to put my foot down on this!;):p
Yeah, just wait until Fonzie gets some size on him -- see how easy itis to say no to a 14-20+ pound rabbit with sad puppy dog eyes! :p

Nothing like petting a rabbit while you are in the bathroom!They will even be so nice to offer to lick your feet and ankles dryafter a shower.:D

Sadly around here everyone owns their ownhorses and no one is offering lessons. You know that old saying Godcloses a door but then opens a window. Get this.

They are suddenly calling for thunderstorms and rain untilSunday. That wasn't in the forecast even as early as this afternoon. Itold Carolyn I think God is either giving me a break from it or sendingme a sign.

As we were leaving for the game tonight our neighbor approachedJeremy again and asked him if he really wanted to learn how to fly fishthen they could start soon.

I'm thinking here is my sign. Jeremy wouldn't have to bestressed and bummed riding the bench. This is even better. He would beoutside, enjoying nature, learning something useful-while practicingpatience, I can supervise it from my kitchen window, and Jer gets some"guy" time.

What do you think?

Mambo, do you know how hard it is to say no to those pleadingeyes and twitching nose and huge ears. Impossible I tell ya:?. He justwants to be with me. You wait you'll have a bathroom buddy soon enoughlol.
Jan, would you believe Dale is the one who said we are gettinghorses.:shock:I love to ride and he doesn't mind riding so ohyea definitely getting some horsies.

Stephanie, sadly all the other leagues aren't accepting any newplayers. Next year he will play for the actual Little League again.
Lyndsy, We will gladly become the Monkeys. The dues are still SpringMix and Nanas right?;)I am not going to let it bum me outanymore. Jeremy says I throw like a girl so be warned lol.

Maddie, thank you very much. Apollo thanks you too.

Jenni, I knew you'd understand lol. Bunnies in the bathroom rock. Ifthe floor is toocold I can rest them on my very own heatedbath mat *er* rabbit, Apollo. Not too sure about the licking the feetand ankles but I tell ya if I could teach him to hang a new roll, I'dbe in business.

Tina

Latest posts

Back