Anyone Feel Like I do?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MissBinky wrote:
He's not really talking to me...
I'm sure things will get better, give it time :). It is hard when they don't understand. I was really upset the other night and felt no one else understood. Granted, Will nor my Mom want any of them to suffer but they don't care about them the way I do and of course they don't understand.

What ticks me off is that I have no intention of keeping any of them AND he won't even see them as I will have them in a separate room away from him and his mil as I know they are irritated with this. I mean seriously, why complain? It's not him who'll have to look after them or anything, the only thing is that he knows they'll be here. that's it :?:grumpy:

Plus, he works from home and I'm home all day, so this is going to be a loooooooong day. Just wait til the doorbell rings... Gosh sometimes... :X

MissBinky wrote:
What ticks me off is that I have no intention of keeping any of them AND he won't even see them as I will have them in a separate room away from him and his mil as I know they are irritated with this. I mean seriously, why complain? It's not him who'll have to look after them or anything, the only thing is that he knows they'll be here. that's it :?:grumpy:

Plus, he works from home and I'm home all day, so this is going to be a loooooooong day. Just wait til the doorbell rings... Gosh sometimes... :X
:hug:. That stinks you're both home today. That is weird that he's so insistent that you don't foster them since he won't even see them. That doesn't seem fair at all.

kherrmann3 wrote:
LadyOnslaught wrote:
Will has games and such but I don't have friends or a hobby.
Wow, that sentence might as well have come from my mouth. lol
It's not much fun is it? I had to go to the dotor recently and Will went with me. The doctor was asking me questions (this is the first time I had seen him) and he asked about friends. I told him I didn't have any. Just what I wanted to say. :?

I've slowly become anti-social because my old friends were jerks. I talk to one friend from high school every once in awhile... My other "friends" are my parent's age and are my roommate's parents :p

I just don't like people... Bleh...

Hooray, Anti-Socials! :ph34r2

kherrmann3 wrote:
I've slowly become anti-social because my old friends were jerks. I talk to one friend from high school every once in awhile... My other "friends" are my parent's age and are my roommate's parents :p

I just don't like people... Bleh...

Hooray, Anti-Socials! :ph34r2
I've never really had friends. The one friend I had I probably kinda ruined the relationship but I guess it's my social skills. It's to the point where I don't want friends as I don't want to get hurt. My sister-in-law said she wanted to get to know me by spending some evenings at our apartment and I wasn't thrilled. She's very nice but I'm just afraid friendships won't work out. I like being myself and don't like people either.

You're doing such a good thing! If Mario wants to be a grump-pot because you have a good heart, then let him steam. You're a good person, and shouldn't have any other feeling, except pride in your loving work.

Besides, it's okay, you're not the only one. Curtis was sore at me after I arranged for the three rescued buns to be picked up, and when I took in eight kittens last spring. He seemed a little upset, but knows that we're doing a helpful thing. He must love me, as he lets me track animals all over the house. Of course, he's nearly the little boy that would bring a bengle tiger home and say "Apple-Baby-Snuggle Bunny- Cuddlie Bear-Beb, can we keep 'em?

:grumpy: Yeah those are all his pet names for me....... what of it :grumpy:

kherrmann3 wrote:
LadyOnslaught wrote:

Ditto :?!

I had friends 3 years ago who I had known for years. I moved to Arizona from New York 3 years ago and just never really connected with anyone out here. I have Ryan, who I consider my best friend. Ryan has his friends are we all hang out...but they really aren't MY friends.

Having friends in real life complicates things. I'm fine living my boring anti-social life....sometimes. I do wish, though, that I had a really good friend my age here that cared very deeply about animals, like I do....that would be awesome....but they are rare!

Well, I think we've both calmed some. The kittens are still coming so I guess I'll have to wait and see how he truly reacts once they're here. Lol. I just don't see why us having them here is a big deal if it means saving 3 lives... Ah well... If I weren't so scared, I think I'd study as a vet. But that means so many years of study, I'm scared I wouldn't finish or something. ooooooooooooooooooh well!

As for bein anti-social, I totally dislike people as well. I guess that makes the animals that much more appealing. I feel like I'm doing something good, and it makes me feel better about myself. I don't see how a good thing can be such a bad thing :p

undergunfire wrote:
kherrmann3 wrote:
LadyOnslaught wrote:

Ditto :?!

I had friends 3 years ago who I had known for years. I moved to Arizona from New York 3 years ago and just never really connected with anyone out here. I have Ryan, who I consider my best friend. Ryan has his friends are we all hang out...but they really aren't MY friends.

Having friends in real life complicates things. I'm fine living my boring anti-social life....sometimes. I do wish, though, that I had a really good friend my age here that cared very deeply about animals, like I do....that would be awesome....but they are rare!

*hugs* You have me Amy. Even if it is just the phone. An if we get our wish you guys will land on this coast. I keep telling myself not to make plans yet.

Ohh, I know, Alicia. I am just soooo hoping we get put near you guys. It will be one of the happiest days of my life :D. It will be a tough move, but it will all be worth it!

Now, I will cry if we end up in the middle of a nowhere state....or California :p. I'm an east coaster, darn it :grumpy:.

:biggrin2:

Sophia.....update, pleaaaaase :stikpoke!

i don't have any friends either. i feel like such a loser when my psychatrist asks me about my friends, and why i hate school. *sigh*

This is a bit off topic but for those of you are say you have no friends and feel lonely, have you considered volunteering at a shelter? You would meet lots of people with the same interests and passions as you.

tinymonster wrote:
This is a bit off topic but for those of you are say you have no friends and feel lonely, have you considered volunteering at a shelter? You would meet lots of people with the same interests and passions as you.
I can't :(. I would come home with a dog, cat, rabbit....every other day. The only shelter I could work for was a no-kill, and there are none in my area. We have rescues, but the foster parents and volunteers are waaaay older than I am.

I know my husband, and he will say no and be mad at first, then he will get over it. I brought home a kitten once while he was out of town, and when he first walked in and saw her he said "take it back." Now that is "his cat."

I told him I was going to adopt a mate for Floppy from the shelter and he said "okay maybe someday" I ran out and did it the next day using the "you said I could" excuse... He was okay with it.

I personally could not volunteer at a shelter. I can't even drive past the local shelter without crying. I would bring them all home.

tinymonster wrote:

I personally can't as I end up in the hospital afterwards. Lol. But it's a good idea. Actually, I think pet therapy would have been something I would have loved to do. Probably in an old folks home, youth centre or something. I think the people who feel lonely can best understand that.

You know, sometimes we feel like losers because we don't have so many friends and all. Recently, I came to the realization that if there weren't people like us, lots of animals would be homeless, and many people wouldn't benefit from true friendships as those friend I do have, I am very loyal to. I guess we should just stop seeing it as a bad thing. For our benefit. (oh and that's not saying you have to be like this to be best with pets - sorry for wording it weird)

Anyway, I got the kittens yesterday and they are cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuute! :inlove: I have work to do with them but they are eating and drinking well and also using the litterbox perfectly. Emotionally, it'll be a longer road but progress is being made quickly so hopefully they'll be ok soon. I'll have pics for y'all laters ;)

Latest posts

Back