Anyone Feel Like I do?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissBinky

Reaction score
Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Everyone here knows that I had gotten involved in rescuing and volunteering at the local shelter etc. I admit, I'm pretty decent and I got things done. I was always careful about which animals I let into my house as to not risk my pets' health etc and I took those which I could help without any major vet bills.

Anyway, when I got my allergy results, I had to stop all that and rehome my own pets except Annabel and Houdina. It really got to me as I am not working and this is a passion of mine. Me working outside the house is not possible for us at this moment and it really got to me.

Recently, with my health being much better and Mario being back, I thought maybe I could get back into it slowly... However, just mentionning it got Mario grumpy and I'd just get a direct "no". :(

I know that the apartment is small but i also know that this is the worst time for kittens outdoors. I surfed through local ads as I always do and found an ad saying that 3 5-week old kittens were found in the garbage :nonono:Now the person who took them in called shelters and asked for help but all are refusing as they are way overcrowded. She said that she is unable to look after them and she was ready to put them back outside. :headsmackWth was I supposed to do??? She's bringing them to me tomorrow night...

Mario doesn't know...

So basically, how many of you are in the same position? And what do you do? Do you just tune out, stop looking, and go on with your lives? I don't know. I can't seem to bring myself not to help, not to want to save every animal that I know I CAN save...

Sorry for the long post... Just really depressed now... Lol

MissBinky wrote:
She's bringing them to me tomorrow night... Mario doesn't know...
I can hear it now...

"Honey! This box of kittens just flew at me out of nowhere! I opened the box from Fed-Ex and they just flew out and got into the apartment! I didn't know there were kittens in there!"

OR

Mario - "Honey? Why are there kittens all over the apartment?"

I know the feeling. I was going to foster against Will's wishes (until he saw a picture of Berry-Boo :p).

He keeps saying that once she's in her forever home, we're going to be a one-bunny family. Psshh... Keep dreamin' Will :p

Lol yeah, I was wondering if I shouldn't just say that people got my address through others. Don't think he'll bite. Lmbo.

This is usually how it goes... Though he might be more angry tomorrow though...

"You see Sophie, that's exactly why I say no. I allowed for ONE to come in yesterday and today you're bringing THREE in! It never ends! Are you seriously going to save every animal you come across?!"

"Those that need saving, yep!"

"I give up..."

:embarrassed:

And pfffffffffffffffffft Berry-Boo IS in her forever home ;)

MissBinky wrote:
And pfffffffffffffffffft Berry-Boo IS in her forever home ;)
I can't take of two cages AND a boyfriend! There are a few hamsters, birds and fish in there somewhere too. Not to mention the ongoing battle with the squirrels and the stupid inbred children in the adjacent lot. Long story. I need to get a REAL LIFE and JOB sometime soon :p

If they would bond, I would have no problems keeping her.

Do you want her lol? I bet she'd fit in a standard Fed-Ex box :p

(totally kidding!!!)

(she's too big for the standard box)

:dude:

Oh yeah. I told Will (whether he likes it or not) that I am going to always have buns in the house. I would like to do a mini-rescue, too.

He just needs that better-paying job to buy me a house and make it so I never have to work again :D

*bats eyelashes*

MissBinky wrote:
"You see Sophie, that's exactly why I say no. I allowed for ONE to come in yesterday and today you're bringing THREE in! It never ends! Are you seriously going to save every animal you come across?!"
I get the same darn thing every time :grumpy:. I always say that he doesn't get a say and that I can make my own decisions. He gets SOOOO angry, but gets over it. I was talking to him today about the foster girl rattie and he said, "Oh yeah, I forgot she was here". My small animals are in the animal room....which he never goes into.

Every time I say, "This is the last foster, I'm serious."....though, that is never the case. It always seems that I adopt them out and a couple days to a couple weeks later more get throw into my lap. I never intentionally go out looking for fosters, though. It is always that I know the person who knows a person or whatever.

Bleh....do what your heart tells you, Sophie. Hopefully Mario understands in the end?

ETA: The reason for me telling Ryan he doesn't get a say is that video games and music are his passion. Every time I turn around he spends $65 on a video game or buys the maps and stuff for those games. Animals are my passion. Yes, I love my own pets deeply and sometimes I think I should be buying them new toys and things instead of spending money on some unwanted pets that I take in...but my pets have a lot of toys and things already. Every one gets equal attention, no one is neglected. I know my limits and Ryan knows that now :p.

Yeah I hear you Amy! I so wish I had a room like you! Hehe. My apartment is really small so yeah, that does pose a problem but you know, even if I have to have them in the laundry room, it's better than them ending up back on the street no?

I'm trying to do the right thing... I'm just really confused as to what the right thins is at this moment lol :?I admit that I am looking for situations in which I can help but even when I wasn't looking I had kittens and rabbits brought to me :?:p

I guess it's our destiny... Dun dun dun... :p

Well, just tell yourself (and Mario) that they are strictly fosters. If it were me, I would take them. Kittens on the street = kittens that grow up into cats = reproducing = more kittens on the streets.

It really helps Ryan when I remind him that they are only fosters.

Just beware of the dangers other cats can pose to your cat. They could have fleas, mites, leukemia, herpes, aids, ect. A local cat rescue foster mom (who I got my kitties from) told me when I took in a foster kitty to keep her completely separate from my cats until she was tested.

They were seen by a vet and I've been told they got a dose of revolution so hopefully that is good. Always good to be careful though. I'm glad Houdina has all her shots. :)

MissBinky wrote:
They were seen by a vet and I've been told they got a dose of revolution so hopefully that is good. Always good to be careful though. I'm glad Houdina has all her shots. :)

So did my boys, but I was told it was very important to keep them separate. I don't think shots prevent aids or herpes, do they?

My problem is, I say I don't want anymore animals.. don't bring me anything.. dog, cat, horse, cow, goat, rabbit.. NOTHING.

We all know how that goes..

I married a vet... ya'll have seen the pics of the animals he's brought home to me..

MissBinky wrote:
I just told him through msn cause he is working and it's my excuse for not facing him...

I can hear him typing angrily from here :(

How did it go :?:)?

MissBinky wrote:
He's not really talking to me...

Ryan pulls that one, too :p. Gives ya the good old "short answers", haha! He will come around ;).

At least he's not at home being grumpy. He might be calmed down by the time you get home :p

I used to do that with my mom... Call up mom "Can I keep it?" Mom "%*#$&%#(%$&*!" *click*

She'd get home and wouldn't care by that point. I had a lot of messed up pets that way... (snapping turtle, snakes, almost a muskrat (couldn't get him in the box), frogs, snails, tadpoles, a Newfoundland dog (which mom promptly made me let go again), a mudpuppy (evil salamander from hell that live in lakes), and a lamprey. Oh yeah, there were some cottontails, chipmunks, gray squirrels, and baby birds in there, too. I only got yelled at for the Newfoundland lol

(Mom made me let the Newfie go again, this was probably a 100+ pound dog. We never saw him again, but since we lived near a lot of farms, it's probable that he just went home).
Maybe, if you're lucky, he'll see their faces and fall in love. :inlove:

Will and I have gotten into arguments about pets. He says "it's me or the pets" and I've told him to pack his bags. He grudgingly sat back down on the couch and finished our movie. :D

I agree with you and others...it is hard and I feel the same way. Currently we have 10 pets. We started off with three when we met (2 cats and a dog). After moving from my mom's to my dad's and then our own apartment our dog didn't have a companion so we adopted another dog. He wasn't against it but agreed too. In April of this year I wanted a hamster but got a rabbit. In June I 'rescued' Morgan from my aunt. She has two kids and was going to get rid of him. I had to take him.Will said I could keep him as long as we didn't have babies...well we did. I want to keep them because I'm so scared of where they will end up but they're a lot of work. Will has said when we have more room he doesn't care what we have but where it's a small space. I got mad at him the other day because he doesn't want to keep the babies (and I see his point) but I'm so afraid they will end up in a bad situation.

I want to help too and although I am overwhelmed (especially with Morgan hurting his eye) I love them and feel 100% responsible for them. They are the only thing I have. Will has games and such but I don't have friends or a hobby.

Latest posts

Back