ANXIETY!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timetowaste

Reaction score
Does anyone else ever get random spurts of anxiety that last a couple of days and you just have no idea why!?!?!?!?!? Isn't it obnoxious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My stomach hurts and I feel short of breath and I just want it to go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy

Yes, often the root of anxiety is really difficult to get down to because...well, it's just so complicated! It's taken me years, yes YEARS of analyzing the potential triggers for my anxiety and now I think I have finally gotten down to the root of the problem.

Listening to Lucinda Bassett's program helped a lot in trying to understand my anxiety. It sounds like you are in the very beginning stages though, a place where I was about 6 years ago.

Don't hesitate to talk to someone about it if it feels like it's overwhelming. Sometimes just sharing how you feel and getting it out in the open helps a lot! :D

Oh and there are also some very nice breathing techniques you can try if you feel short of breath. They involve controlling your breathing by inhaling through your nose for 2 seconds, and then exhaling from your mouth for 4 seconds. Slowing down your breathing and focusing on counting (one one thousand, two one thousand) helps reduce panicky feelings you might be having. Hope this helps! :)

Oh no I'm not in the beginning stages :) I've had anxiety for YEARS now and I even have to take meds for it. But this time I'm not having racing thoughts too, it's just the physical symptoms of it, like I mentioned above.

I actually found her program this morning but it's like $500 and i see a counselor so I should be okay.

BLAH.

Tracy

PS: thanks for the breathing tip :)

After all these years I should have some savy advice...but I don't. I take klonopin or seroquel for when it gets to be too much for me. Though I think it is awesome when we can avoid the meds. I think they create a dependancy hard to break after awhile.

Good luck with the fight...and just know you are not alone. :)

Yeah the Lucinda Bassett program costs a ridiculous amount of money. It's not worth paying that much for if you ask me, but I was able to obtain the program without forking over all the money.

I see a therapist and i was prescribed venlafaxine but I won't take it (my doctor knows). It's definitely gotten better than it was a few months ago (I just started to see a therapist).

I hope that it goes away soon!

thanks for the support everyone. i'd like to keep this thread active and bumped so that anyone else feeling down, depressed OR anxious, can come here and post and we can help out.

these feelings do pass...they just really really are awful while you have them.

hold on, everyone <3. i'm holding on with both hands! :)

Tracy

Oh I know all about anxiety. I don't take anything for mine - it's always at night. I go for months of not being able to sleep right. I am constantly worrying about our animals, things that need to get done, rabbits that are being mistreated and need rescue. I worry too much about things that are out of my control and I know that isn't healthy - so I've learned to try and focus on things I can control, like the care of animals, our Organization, and our farm. But it's hard anxiety and worry are awful. I try to take hot baths before bed, make sure I'm in bed early enough to read for an hour or so because these things help me. I have horrible nightmares too - but I am learning about things that trigger my troubles and how to avoid them.

Hugs to everyone dealing with these things. It's O.K.

Donna & our herd

I rarely get anxiety. But at the beginning of the month I was supposed to stay at my parents place for 3 weeks.

My mom picked me up early Tues Am. Before her picking me up, my stomach had this gut feeling like I was in trouble and I had the shakes. I said oh probably cause I was excited to go to Pittsburgh Pa to stay with my mom and family for awhile. Hang out with my sister's children too. We go bowling, get back to their house, it got worst and worst. I did the breathing thing, my dad gave me an anxiety pills since he and my mom gets them since my sister was sick. Nothing, I ended up going home.

A week later it finally subsided. I have no idea why or how, but I am hoping to get to a doctors cause since my sister passed away my anxiety had been there off and on. I can feel a bit of it coming on cause I will be starting my new job, but I am thrilled to start it cause more pay and better than Krogers where I worked at.

I have mild depression, but not as bad to where it consumes me, I get out, walk, visit my family, my sister at the cemetery, visit my hubby's mom at the same cemetery where my sister is, will be moving back to Pittsburgh our home town, etc. So I know there is alot of stress and fustration happening right now cause we are fanticly trying to find a house by June July the latest with resonable rental price, we just can not purchase a home right now.

I hope you get this resolved.

Wow, I had to respond to this post. I've never had anxiety before the past couple of weeks. Ever since giving birth I have been having panic attacks.

I'm trying to get through it without meds, it's hard.

My sister gets panic attacks and she finds the only thing that helps is exercise. Keep consistent with it, and of course get some sleep if you can.

Hugs to you.

Hugs to all of you! We are all dealing with the same thing right now triggered by different events. This can be a great place to run to when the going gets tough, you know?

Thank you to everyone who replied to this thread or PMed me. You all make me smile :).

It comes and it goes in waves these hours. I find yoga helps me, but that would fall under exercise...right?

Tracy

join the club. i think i might be the president of that one.

i am currently on meds for anxiety, mood stabilzers, and an anti-depressant. talk about poppin pills!

anxiety attacks are no fun, mine are bad enought that i have to leave work. bad enough that i am using up all my vacation time in hopes that a break from my life will help me out (a total of 9 days off straight away).

mine are caused a lot by stress, so i have had to de-stress my life! what fun!

anyway, i am becomming a master of knowledge on these things, if you ever want to talk, just pm me!

UGH anxiety again today! I'm in tears right now for no reason! You know...sometimes I need something happy to think about, so the other day, I googled happy news. That brought me to www.happynews.com.

How cool is that? The only thing that makes me sad is that a lot of the stories on there are days, even weeks old! I guess happy things don't happen too often in this world....that breaks my heart.

Tracy

Back