Amy's furkids & more: 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[align=center]Yeah. I'm thinking I prefer all male animals as well (as long as they're neutered! Animals have such huge balls! O__O) I mean, I've mostly had all females- I had all female cats, and never had a male dog for long until our dog now, Kiba (the other was when I was really young and he destroyed everything). I only had female rats. It was always put in my head that female animals are better but I have to disagree. I will only be getting males in the future.. unless a female really catches my attention.

Why a female white standard poodle? =) Just curious!

Snow.. that's crazy. I hope it never snows here again until winter!!

Yeah, male animals (that are neutered) are definitely better, IMO! I even had my male rats neutered....I hate *goolies* :p.

I want a white female Std. Poodle because I am a dog groomer and you can really have some fun with those things! I'd like to get into creative grooming (using dyes & trimming designs into the coat). I see a Std. Poodle as a huge advertisement for me....they draw attention (especially when dyed colors!), so that is a way to get clients. Besides, I do love their somewhat cat-like personalities and they are very loving. I'm choosing a female because they are smaller then the males, I like their personalities better, and I can dye her PINK & make her all cute and girly ;). I'm hoping to adopt a young adult from a rescue, but if that isn't possible then I will have to buy one from a reputable breeder. I don't see myself getting a Std. Poodle for another couple of years though.

[align=center]Yeah, that's why I didn't adopt the first rabbit I was interested in XD He was a HUGE rex and he'd just been fixed. I was a bit worried because of the cage aggression, but I was still gunna go through with it.. until she picked him up and I saw those `nads... O_O LOL. Glad I waited though- I did more research XD

And that's a good AND cool idea =) A pink poodle sounds really cute! <3

I wanna get a German Shepherd when I get older (always have, ever since I was a kid).

I WOULD get one from a shelter (because I see them there kind of often), but I don't want the risk of health/behavior problems.

I'm very wary with dogs (so many bad experiences as a child) so I would need one that has the least possible chance of being aggressive/having other behavior problems otherwise I wouldn't be able to handle them. =I (and I do know about German Shepherds- I helped my neighbor raise one ^_^)

The other dog I wanna get- a Shiba Inu (we have one now, but I want my OWN later too) aren't very "abundant" in shelters... so yeah. O_<

But I will always get bunnies from shelters! =)

Sawyer is set to be neutered next Monday (April 18th). I have to drop him off at 7:45 am...and this vet is about 40 minutes away...BLEH!! Since it isn't totally clear where his new home will be yet, I'd rather get him neutered sooner then later. Besides, his pee STINKS!

I think I am going to take my kitty, Tibi, into the shop today and have him shaved into a Lion cut, even if he is short hair. His white fur gets all over everything, so shaving will dramatically reduce the amount of it. I am pretty sure he will be insanely pissed off, but we'll see what happens. My biggest fear is that he will hate me afterward!

undergunfire wrote:
I think I am going to take my kitty, Tibi, into the shop today and have him shaved into a Lion cut, even if he is short hair. His white fur gets all over everything, so shaving will dramatically reduce the amount of it. I am pretty sure he will be insanely p*ssed off, but we'll see what happens. My biggest fear is that he will hate me afterward!

I shave my boy into a lion cut every summer. He is long hair, but he is SO happy afterward. Not so happy while it's being cut, but once I'm done he frolics around like a kitten. "P

Well, I did shave Tibi into a Lion cut today :). I was super happy with how calm he was...can't believe my own kitty was one of the best kitties I have ever groomed! He looks insanely cute...even put a not-so-manly bandanna on him to make him feel "pretty" :p.

I will post pictures in a bit, since they need to upload!

ETA: Oh yeah...and he is strutting his stuff around the house and seems super happy with his new hair cut. I think he is much more comfy!

Pictures :biggrin:.

Tibi in a Lion cut....

5620102389_3cf9e23368_z.jpg

5620697986_f0440cdf9b_z.jpg

5620701676_29d3b44a3c_z.jpg

5620123207_ed67f5a9c5_z.jpg

Sawyer, the foster bunny....

5620181981_02f6e6985a_z.jpg

5620186663_bf7bee533d_z.jpg

5620775700_67a059061c_z.jpg

5620777616_89eaf85ba1_z.jpg

5620779632_508d8357c2_z.jpg

5620781550_1d5275b69a_z.jpg

5620199601_e9ef043245_z.jpg

5620791198_553fd9c140_z.jpg

5620213191_178bd75f76_z.jpg

5620215189_1d1f028f7a_z.jpg

5620804924_941a688fe1_z.jpg

5620219395_9e47493f98_z.jpg

5620246287_3597c34cea_z.jpg

5620248679_97cd3efc13_z.jpg

5620838542_28aa6a7b4e_z.jpg

5620842178_92ceb0f2c9_z.jpg

5620847062_f8ac0b1d84_z.jpg

5620262089_6b415c82c0_z.jpg

I will upload pictures of Molly, Morgan, Sammy (dog), Juju (kitty), and more pictures of Tibi in a little bit :).

[align=center]Sawyer is seriously just tooo cute <3

undergunfire wrote:
Yeah, male animals (that are neutered) are definitely better, IMO! I even had my male rats neutered....I hate *goolies* :p.
Great Blog! I read it all today and enjoyed the pictures and storries. This made me laugh hard, poor Finley. Does he know what hehas instore for him? :)

Thanks, guys :).

Here is the pictures of Molly and Morgan from the other day. They were snoozin' :p....

5625806630_1b299199a4_z.jpg

5625220631_8b7ac0b394_z.jpg

5625225045_807bb032cc_z.jpg

5625817924_3e0b00e096_z.jpg

5625825816_6450370c86_z.jpg

5625821426_0ffdd7bfef_z.jpg

The rabbits are REALLY upset with me because yesterday right after work we went out to my parent's house for my brother's 18th birthday dinner, so they didn't get to come out of their cages because we went to back just as soon as we got home. And tonight/today they aren't allowed out because this happened....

Finley woke up this morning and walked out into the living room to find this mess.....

5625846056_1309489d23_z.jpg

5625253711_01631ffea7_z.jpg

5625850114_e508675bfb_z.jpg

5625854134_a96aebdbf2_z.jpg

We had JUST gotten the levels in the tank perfect, had the perfect amount of fish in there, and were just so happy with our tank. Then this happens. I spent all morning crying over it.

Thankfully the fish are all alive, as well as the ghost shrimp and snails. I don't think they are in the clear yet though, since this is very stressful. Currently they are in a 5 gallon bucket in the bathroom (filled from water from this tank).

Of course the Aqueon office (the tank's brand) is closed until Monday, so I called up the store manager from our Petsmart store (where I bought the tank), begging to let him let me bring the tank kit back for a refund. He said I could, but I don't know if he expects me to get another Aqueon 36 gallon bow front tank kit or if I can pick a different kit. I know it isn't PetSmart's fault, but I am just really upset and ticked off. The Aqueon company will surely be hearing from me on Monday. I don't see a reason as to why the tank cracked...its been running for a month and a half, then all of a sudden a crack blew out!

I really bummed out too because I spent around $125 on this tank kit. I can go in and get the same kit for an exchange (which I don't want to risk again), or I can spend another $120+ for another company's tank kit that is the same size - 37 gallon Marineland kit or a 46 gallon Marine land kit (minus the filter...another $35 added on to it).

We had to return the heater that came with the kit a few weeks ago because it wasn't regulating temperature correctly. PetSmart said we could exchange it for a Top Fin brand (the cheap brand) or pay an extra $10 (in exchange) for a Fluval heater. So, there I have already invested $135 into this Aqueon tank kit.

Not to mention I'm sorry about the carpet in my apartment. We rented a steam cleaner ($25 rental) to suck up a lot of the water. We also have 2 fans (and the ceiling fan) running cross-ways to dry to dry up the carpet. If the carpet gets ruined, then I'm risking my whole $500 deposit!

I feel like throwing in the towel on fish tanks.

ARGGGG :X.

You should have gone with MarineLand Tanks. There kits and tanks come with a lifetime Warranty over 20 gallons. The LED kit comes with a glass tank, filter, and heater. On top of that really fancy LED lights and LED's are cool! There products are also made in the USA I know that Aqueon makes most of there stuff in china (sorry for being racist but I don't support things make in china) spend a little extra and get something nice.

But if you want to get a big tank I recommended getting a canister filter anyways. There expensive but you need one because a hanging filter just one make ends meet. But the pads will be way cheaper. If you need help with your fish tank just PM me or something.

I agree, we should have gone with Marineland. The Aqueon was an impulse purchase, unfortunately.

And thank you, Olivia, we welcome any advice!

We took it back to Petsmart and they do not carry the 37 gallon Marineland kit, so we couldn't "trade it in". I don't have my receipt because the Aqueon corporate office has it for the rebate that they were offering. Even though I have proof that the Aqueon company has my receipt, they still wouldn't issue a cash refund....Petsmart said they could refund me a gift card. I left them with my name and number, so that the manager could contact me tomorrow and talk to me more in depth about the issue. I don't want a gift card...what the heck would I spent $125+ dollars on at Petsmart? Anyway....I will still be contacting the Aqueon company on Monday, when they are open.

So, for now....the fishes are still in the bucket. We will, for sure, be getting a tank tomorrow. We want the Marineland 37 gallon kit....LED night & day lights, bio-wheel filter, etc. Petco has it for $149. Petsmart, on the other hand, has the same size tank with the filter and hood ONLY for $199.

UGH!

Yeah I got the marineland LED 10 gallon at petland. I would have gone to petsmart but the traffic there is scary. I wanted a 20 gallon but it wasn't worth the drive. people are really crazy drivers by the petsmart.

Maybe you can buy a canister filter with the refund money or Filter pads because Marineland filters aren't cheep. ammonia chips and Carbon chips. ick meds because it tends to be caught at 3AM and by 10 AM your fish are dead. Keeping your water at 85-88 F should help prevent this though. Good luck with your fish tank.

Awww gee Amy, that totally sucks. I am glad you got to them in time. Poor things! I can imagine how frustrated you are with it. :expressionlessI hope the fish and shrimp are doing alright. I hope the store gives you proper service as well and that you can get a good replacement.

I had a community tank of roughly 100 fish, and it crashed due to some bad bloodworms, and I barely have touched a tank since :p Sometimes it just takes 1 band incident to make you lose your desire to do tanks.

Hang in there!

Well, we got our 37 gallon Marlineland tank kit today. I paid $160 for it at Petco. Petsmart will not issue me a cash refund without the receipt for the Aqueon kit, so I need to call Aqueon on Monday and put in my complaint, as well as have them send me my receipt back.

We lost our male Betta, 2 Black Skirt Tetras, 3 Black Neon Tetras, 2 Oto catfish, and 2 Ghost Shrimp. I am most upset about my Betta :(.

The survivors are 3 ghost shrimp, 4 Black Skirt Tetras, 1 female Guppy, 5 Mystery Snails, and 1 Cory Catfish. The Guppy had babies, too, so there is around 10 of those.

Its very upsetting :cry2.

As for the good news....

Sawyer will be going to the vet tomorrow morning to get neutered. He has to be there at 7:45am, so I need to leave my house at 7am...which means waking up to get ready at 6am. BLEEEEH!

Keep him in your thoughts, please :hearts.

Latest posts

Back