Amy's furkids & more: 2011

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, guys :)!

Nothing new around here, really. Lots of "fish drama", but thankfully Jynxie is nice enough to offer her advice to me!

I thought I had possibly for a home for the rat girls, but I haven't received an email from the person in a few days. I'd really like to get them adopted! It is nice having rat kids in the house again, but I'm really sure that this will be the last time I will foster/own rats. I love rats, but they just aren't for me anymore. Besides, my heart still aches for my precious Spootie....who died almost a year and a half ago at the rip old age of 3.5 years.

I'm about to go take some new pictures of the buns. They are running around the bedroom and the lighting in there is really good right now!

And here are the pictures to follow :)....

Morgie in his new Dunkin' Donuts box....

5556865177_caa5a843ab_z.jpg

5556880173_4098e7a40a_z.jpg

5557469828_60b0e21f9b_z.jpg

Miss Molly-Sophia - my bunny who is a tough girl and doesn't mind bossing the cats and dog around :p....

5556867169_0b5ace5b9d_z.jpg

5557455564_c3149a8ffd_z.jpg

5556875743_d7a304bc22_z.jpg

5557457862_da4ef5dec5_z.jpg

Chubby girl :)....

5556877987_a32437126d_z.jpg

The line for the bathroom....

5556892671_61104eba73_z.jpg

My heart bunny :inlove:....

5557488956_022196e3b1_z.jpg

NIGHTLY TREAT TIME!!!!!.....

Pweaaaaase, I neeeeeds it!!!

5557472254_60edcdc0e8_z.jpg

5556890047_97ab31cf85_z.jpg

I found these treats at the local doggie bakery. The ingredients seem bunny safe to me, so they get one of these cute flower shaped treats a week :).

5556894607_90a1f94380_z.jpg

I gotta get it!!

5557484272_4d417b4b1e_z.jpg

The treats available to them....

5557486864_bc97f3e4ab_z.jpg

Although, they do not like the timothy treats by Oxbow...so hopefully Alicia's bunnies will like them because I am sending them to her (that makes two bags of those!) along with other treats for her kiddo's in the Easter package I am sending out ;).

Molly, hiding out in her willow tunnel that we got from the wonderful, The Bunny Basics - located in Scottsdale, AZ.... http://www.thebunnybasics.com/

5556882971_b9fda805f3_z.jpg

[align=center]I love your blog. I love the grooming pictures. I love your bunnies. And I love that you saved those rats. I used to have rats, but I hardly played with them much because they always peed on me. (I was young). I wouldn't get another- they're not for me anymore either. =)

Thanks Dave and Bailee :biggrin:!

It is Saturday today and I get to wake up an hour later for work on Saturday mornings (8:30am). Well, I couldn't sleep...so I got up at my usual week day time of 7:30am. I decided to let the bunnies run around while I watch cartoons (Jimmy Neutron! haha) until I needed to shower and get ready for work. Bad idea....I will NEVER let the bunnies run around that early in the morning again. They never really come into the living room, but this time they decided they'd like to binky throughout it and get into everything that they can. The living room isn't bunny proofed (cords everywhere) since I supervise them when they are out here, but that will be changing here very soon.

What a terrible weekend.

My mom (who lives in upstate NY) and I do not have a super good relationship. She has been an alcoholic for longer then I can remember, and those that have to deal with alcoholics know how crappy they can be. I am sure she's done some hard drugs somewhere along the line too. She was sober for probably around 5-6 years a year and a half ago, when she met her fiance...who was a wonderful guy who was trying to help her have a better life. Well, he got cancer and passed away in September of 2009. It all went downhill from there...

I guess my mom was going to be evicted from her trailer (she bought a trailer in a park after her fiance died) on Saturday. A police went there and supposedly had to bust the door down because she wasn't answering. She was unconscious on the couch and had left a suicide note. My mom tried to kill herself, but was unsuccessful. She is in a hospital, denying that she tried to end her life.

Then yesterday Finley and I found out that his best friend, who is also my ex, got into a really bad motorcycle accident late Friday night. We heard from his mom that all of his organs have suffered trama, they keep draining blood from his lungs (a liter yesterday), his pelvis/hips are destroyed, and he is in a medically induced coma. They did 2 surgeries already and he went in for his third this morning at 2am. It doesn't look good, as of right now.

Saturday morning my Grandmother (who also lives in Upstate NY) fell down some stairs outside of her apartment complex and they thought she had bleeding on her brain. She is just fine, but it was really scary to hear about. She is a really bad diabetic and they believe that her blood sugar was too low...causing her to faint and fall down the stairs.

--------

Finley and I did go down to Tempe yesterday to spend the day looking around aquarium stores and do some clothes shopping. It was a lot of fun, but the clothes shopping wasn't as successful as I thought it was going to be. I didn't find any clothes (I was mainly looking for shirts), but I did find a turquoise pair of Vans shoes on super sale.

I decided to take the day off from work at my second job (only work there 1 day a week), to just relax and get some errands done. I only have 1 day off a week, and that was yesterday (Sunday). I really wish I had a close girl friend who I could hang out with today to keep my mind off of things...but my best girl friend and I stopped hanging out often months ago, because she started acting like and idiot...and I'm not fond of idiots.

Amy sorry to hear all this bad stuff happening in your life. Like the old saying goes "It doesn't rain it pours" How true.

I sure hope everything gets better soon for you. :hug1

How are the Bunnies doing? Great Bunny pictures.

Susan:)

Thank you, Susan :hug:.

My mom was supposed to get out of the hospital today. I am going to try calling her cell phone in a little while. I just hope she doesn't try to do it again.

Brian has had the 3 emergency surgeries and they are weaning him off of the medically induced coma. He is going to pull through, but it is going to be a long road to recovery. He has many more surgeries to endure. Once they allow him visitors, then we will go down to Phoenix and see him.

My Grandma is doing okay. She is still in the hospital for more observation and to try to get her sugar levels where they should be. She should be going home soon.

Suuuch a crappy weekend, but I am glad things are getting better. I hope we don't have anymore things like that happen again.

I'm looking forward to the month of April. I'm feeling like it is going to be a good month. I will try to buy my scooter (going looking for one tomorrow) and then I have a surprise coming in the middle of April (that I really hope works out this time). I'm also finally filing for the divorce this month!

Oh wow Amy! I'm so very sorry to hear about all that's happened. I am glad everyone is pulling through. Sending you lots of love and wishing them speedy recoveries! :pray:

Thanks, guys :).

Nothing new really has been happening, besides the new stray bunny....
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=64646&forum_id=1&jump_to=857369#p857369

I just got back from taking the black capped rescue rat to the vet to be put to sleep :(. I got home from running errands all day and she was lethargic and showing definite signs of PT (pituatary tumor). I decided it was best to have her PTS because of how far "gone" she seemed. I'm very actively trying to rehome the other two rat girls.

Molly and Morgan are doing super well. They are pretty upset that they've chewed their unpeeled willow tent to the point where it won't stand up anymore. Hopefully we will go back down to Phoenix soon and I can stop by The Bunny Basics and pick up a few more of them.

I can't remember if I posted or not...but a couple weeks ago we took the Goldfish back to PetSmart and decided to just turn the 36 gallon bow front tank into a community Tetra tank. So, now we've got the 6 Black Skirt Tetras, 3 Black Neon Tetras, 1 female Guppy (who happily schools with the black neons), 1 male Betta, 2 Ghost Shrimp, 2 Oto Catfish, and 5 Mystery Snails. The next addition to the tank will be 3 more Black Neon Tetras. We are also adding a second filter to the tank & will baffle it (so the current isn't strong), just like we did with the current filter. All fishies are insanely happy right now!!!

The crew is doing very well!

I actually think I've found the 2 rat girls a home. A lady emailed me today and she has 2 rat girls and a huge 6ft long grotto style (bookshelf) rat cage, and she wants some friends for her ratties :).

Molly and Morgan are molting soooo bad right now. I think it is mostly Molly, but it is intense!!! I need to invest in a little mini shop vac since a mini hand-broom & dust pan isn't working out too well.

Sammy and the kitties are good...all feisty lately, but that is probably because it is becoming spring time.

Speaking of spring time....it is supposed to start snowing tomorrow night and on Saturday. We are supposed to get 6-10 inches of snow. WHAT THE HECK :grumpy:. I am hoping I get snowed in and don't have to go to work on Saturday :).

Molly and Morgan are just snoozing around in their cardboard box & tunnel tonight, so no pictures of them.

But....I got pictures of the foster bun! We are thinking his name is "Sawyer", like from the television series, "Lost".

5599675902_18e365a8cc_z.jpg

5599681624_98ce27f97b_z.jpg

5599103485_42dba5d91a_z.jpg

5599114369_26eed0096f_z.jpg

5599122593_79b08716a2_z.jpg

5599833356_a9d411e362_z.jpg

5599860660_7dc06be365_z.jpg

5599863104_4516962dc8_z.jpg

5599284775_06053c9390_z.jpg

5599869756_9c28517e4f_z.jpg

5599871478_5af61d28ec_z.jpg

5599873150_cc63e6dfdf_z.jpg

5599877312_60748aa218_z.jpg

5599897444_95179d4106_z.jpg

5599317023_8861c1f187_z.jpg

5599318819_85c76d6b3a_z.jpg

5599322857_719edb495b_z.jpg

5599907742_d112243b9a_z.jpg

5599327269_2c01a39968_z.jpg

5599911848_7906ea9616_z.jpg

5599915236_39555c6d8e_z.jpg

Sawyer is SUPER friendly. It is different having a bunny in the house who actually craves human attention. None of my past rabbits really craved it, but they did all lived in a bunny room...not in the most used room in the house, but they still got a lot of attention. Molly and Morgan are bonded to each other and while they like pets from me....they really just love each other's company more (which is okay!) :p.

He's been following us around the house - which isn't big...I live in an itty bitty 1 bedroom apartment and he gets run of the living room/little hallway/kitchen, because Molly and Morgan have my bedroom (its like a 20ft x 20ft room?). He also chases the kitties and Sammy, haha!

Sawyer seems to really like Finley too. He's been running circles around him and pooping as he does it, marking Finley as his territory :wink. I'm glad Finley gets to see how other rabbits act, besides Molly and Morgan. So he now gets to see how some rabbits can be really active and crave human attention, while others (like a bonded pair) just love each other more. Molly and Morgan were the first rabbits that Finley had ever pet :shock:.

Amy great pictures. I'm surprised you aren't going to keep hime. He is so ADORABLE.

HALEY I think this bunny is calling out to you.

Susan:)

With the gas prices as of late, it would just be easier & cheaper to fly the little bunny! It would be $40 in gas on my end to get down to the airport (but we'd may a day trip of it anyway), then somewhere around $100 to fly him. He really needs a neuter (his pee stinks)...thinking about taking him in next week.

:)

Snow is starting to fall here! I went to the store and stocked up on a few things. I'm going to make some delicious brownies too. It is really funny how 6-10 inches can stop this town. So far at work tomorrow I already have about 6 dogs and a cat. I'm wondering how many will cancel....or if I can even get to work! However I did see plow trucks out already this morning preparing, so I assume they've been out all day.

[align=center]I want Sawyer! He's so cute. I love boy bunnies (I am sticking to males in the future) and dutches are my favorite! <3

But yeah, if I didn't have three bunnies already I'd be jumping at the chance to get him for real. D:

WAIT SNOW!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Latest posts

Back