Amy's cats, rabbits, etc!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
undergunfire wrote:

4377227213_82068a2e0a.jpg
OMG too cute i just love that face :inlove:

What is the life expectancy on mice, Amy?
I might just have to get a mouse sometime, they can live in bin cages right? I have been doing some reading up on them

Thanks, Fran! I love Brody's cute little smooshy face, too :biggrin2:!

Chelle....Thank you! I hope to get some more pictures of him today ;).

Grace....mice live on average 1.5 - 3 years (same as rats). Unfortunately mice from pet stores aren't always the healthiest little guys, but that is something that most Americans have to deal with because mouse breeders are very rare and even so, some of them (not all of them) aren't exactly super reputable IMO because they add "trial & error" pet store mice into their lines for color. Since you are in the UK, then you might just get super lucky and find a good breeder over there. Mice in the UK, Australia, etc are way more hardy, friendlier at first as opposed to US pet store mice, and they look a lot different....they are larger! Oh, and males can live together over there but they can't over here!

Thanks Ren & Helen :biggrin2:! I am REALLY enjoying Dexter and am so glad that I got a male mouse. I had 2 girls a long time ago and they didn't like me as much as Dex does - as soon as I put my hand into the cage he crawls up onto his double decker bed and right up onto my hand & up my arm :D.

4450812759_c8872ea669.jpg

4450816129_9c9121a226.jpg

4451590494_47505a55e3.jpg

4451592134_643ea28254.jpg

4451593746_07eb7a2b11.jpg

(the dish was his little dinner dish from last night)
4450822633_3810018391.jpg

4450824165_d465459391.jpg

4451598468_f205297423.jpg

---------------------------------

I'm hoping to do a bonding session later with Molly and Marlin. I got busy with school and waaaay too tired when I got home to do them, but I really need to start it up again. Gosh, I just wish I lived closer to a rescue and could drop them off and have them bond them for a fee...then pick them up when they were ready, LOL. I think a rescue in SoCal does that!

Thank you :biggrin2:. He knows he is lucky too, LOL!

--------------

So I decided to set up a pen system in the bunny room on days where I don't have a ton of time to let the rabbits out to play individually. Since Morgan free ranges, I only have Marlin, Brody, and Molly to let out. Well, sometimes Marlin doesn't really like playing outside of his cage much....so at least this way Brody and Molly get to get out on days when I am busy and Marlin can come out on the next day and have the entire room to roam (if he wants).

Brody is in the back, Morgan is in the middle still (because he HATES being caged into a small space), and Molly is in the front. I think I may take the couch out because its just wasting space - I thought I'd sit in there more if I put the couch in, but I just don't LOL.

4451410369_633eae80b0.jpg

4452196376_91037a10e6.jpg

Thats because I had just cleaned up before I let the bunnies out to play, LOL. I promise I will post a "messy" picture sometime this week from when I get too tired to clean :p.

OH! I have some really cute pictures to post...LOTS of them. I am waiting for them all to upload to my Flickr, then I have to get them all posted over here. Let's just say if you love Holland Lops and their "kissy lips", then you will want to see these ;).

Cute pictures!

Your bunnies don't go after each other though the pen bars? I'm so nervous to keep bunnies separated just by pens like that when I'm not there to watch ever since a friends bunny that I was watching ripped up half of Barnaby's nose though the cage bars.

Looking forward to the other pictures!

Nope :biggrin2:....luckily Morgan loves to groom the other bunnies through the cage bars (hes such a lover), and luckily the other bunnies gladly accept some grooming ;).

I will upload the new pictures tonight - my Flickr was uploading waaaaay too slow last night.

** I still need to upload and post all of the cute pictures I took, which I will do that tonight! **

Anyway, I do need to rant a bit about bonding because I am feeling hurt and like a failure :(.

Morgan and Molly did really well on their first date...so I took her in (CL rehome) and got her spayed. Once her hormones calmed down, then I tried bonding. I quickly learned it wasn't going to work because she no longer thought it was important to groom Morgan....and Morgan MUST be groomed or he feels unwanted and he will fight.

Then I tried Brody and Molly. Brody just wanted to hump & dominate her, which wasn't going to work because Molly is a diva girl and wants to be the boss.

So....I though Marlin and Molly would work out really well since Marlin is a ditzy Lionhead who is really laid back. Ugh....not working out and I can't figure out why. I just think Molly is too bossy....

Now I am frustrated that I have 4 single rabbits, which leaves me back to square one...just with an extra bunny. I KNOW Morgan has wanted a wifebun for years, but I was only just able to take that step in November when I got Molls. Now Morgie is alone and I can't risk adopting another rabbit only to have bonding fail. I was thinking about taking Morgs on a date to a rescue 2 hours away, then finding the best candidate & foster her...if bonding doesn't work, then I can move on to foster the next best candidate.

BUT.....do I really WANT 5 rabbits?! Not really, because Ryan and I are planning to move to the east coast (we are thinking outside of Philly) in 3 years and at this point....I can't even fit all of my pets into our Explorer as it is!! By the time we go to move, providing everyone is still alive (which obviously I hope so), we will have 1 dog, 4 rabbits, and 3 kitties. I know my rat's won't live past this year and Dexter (my mouse) could possibly live 3 years, but chances are slim.

I kind of feel like I will never be able to bond rabbits...like bonding is a huge joke....and now Morgan isn't getting what I know he wants because of that. I realize now it is going to take a really special girl who just wants to love on her mate all day.

Dear Amy
Have not talked to you in awhile. Lilli is doing fantastic. We call her our "Arizona Honker". She really goes through the Hay. I cannot tell you how much we love her. She just brings such joy to my life. She has learned to give bunny kisses. In fact she learned out to do it within days of coming home. I am going into surgery tomorrow , but when I get better I will take some more pictures. She love to play, and boy can she binky. I cannot tell you how much we enjoy having her around. I know she and her table mate Serena can never play together, but they seem to check each other out alot. I want to take more pictures, and after the surgery I should ber be better so I can take more pictres of all our rabbits. Personnally I can't imagine having a pet that does not bring as much fun as they do.

Hugs and Kisses and bunny love

Nancy M:highfive:

Hey Nancy :wave:! Its so great to hear from you. I hope everything is okay with you having to get surgery, and I also hope that you heal quickly! Tell Larry I said "hello" :). Give Miss Lills a kiss for her and tell her I miss her. Its great to hear about her giving kisses and that she is doing so well :biggrin2:!

------------------

I have a TON of pictures to upload now (of the buns and Dexter) and I don't want to upload them while Ryan is trying to play his online game (Aion) because it will cause him to lag :rollseyes....so I will start uploading some in an hour when he leaves for band practice....then finish the uploading/posting them here tomorrow ;).

ETA Okay, okay....here is a "teaser picture" (of Brods) :p.....

4452147469_21a61f228d.jpg

undergunfire wrote:
BUT.....do I really WANT 5 rabbits?! Not really, because Ryan and I are planning to move to the east coast (we are thinking outside of Philly) in 3 years and at this point....I can't even fit all of my pets into our Explorer as it is!! By the time we go to move, providing everyone is still alive (which obviously I hope so), we will have 1 dog, 4 rabbits, and 3 kitties. I know my rat's won't live past this year and Dexter (my mouse) could possibly live 3 years, but chances are slim.
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I live outside of Philly!!!!!!!! and where i live there are alot of people who come from New York because it is not that far (you have familia in NY right?) I have a site you can look on when you are looking for a house around here, just let me know.

Latest posts

Back