Amy's cats, rabbits, etc!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'll just go into the shelter on Saturday and ask to see him, so I can make sure they are getting him the medical attention he needs. I don't have family around here and don't exactly have many friends, but I can try to post on the Humane Society's facebook page as well as Craigslist.

I groomed 3 dogs a few weeks ago that were the pets of a lady who was involved in a murder suicide (the guy then burned the house down)....I went to the shelter the weekend after grooming them and only 1 dog was left (the one I happened to like a lot). I kind of just walked away and hoped for the best since she was young and healthy, then I check petfinder and all 3 "fire dogs" ended up with a no kill rescue here and they are going to find them a really great home! So, I am glad that situation worked out very well.

That is so sad, Amy. :tears2: I would feel the same exact way. You can't save them all, that's very true, but also a concept I have a hard time grasping. I wish I had words of wisdom. You've already done a lot for that dog just by relieving his physical pain and discomfort. I bet he feels sooo much better!

I know....its extremely sad. I wish (or it might be already) that not grooming your dog was an act of animal abuse and you get charged for it. I wonder if the person who had Seb before just dumped him off in the "dump off kennel" over night? If they brought him in to be surrendered, I think the HS should call the cops and have the people charged...but yet again if that happens, then I wonder if a lot less dogs in bad conditions would be dropped off due to them being in fear of getting charged with animal abuse and they rather just turn them loose or something.

Either way....its obvious Seb was in pain (matting pinches their skin!). You are right, I am glad I made him feel better and appear adoptable, but I can only hope that he gets adopted. I'm still definitely going to the shelter on Saturday to see if they will let me see him. I just hope they don't "write off" the hematoma in his ears and let him get adopted (this shelter could very well do this), but if so, then I hope his new owners use the free vet visit pass and the 30 days of health insurance (with a $75 co pay) and get his ears taken care of.

Amy, I was thinking of you tonight, was wondering how the Grooming school is going, then reading that is so sad.:grumpy:

We're getting what you may call our cat a Lion cut on Tues, then we love her again, I know that sounds awful, but, I guess we love it, it's still here, haha...Sorry.

She was a stray and was supposed to be my son's...Yeah, who gets stuck taking care of it cuz he moved to Grandma's and can't take it with? Haha, wait til u see the cut, she's sooo cute with it!!!!:biggrin2: She has to be sedated for the cut cuz she won't cooperate, how many have u seen like this so far? It costs much more then, ugh...:p

Aw that poor pup! I hope he gets the care he needs and a nice new family.

What is the shelters terms about rehoming dogs adopted from them? I know some rescues and stuff make you sign a contract that the animal has to go back to them if you can't keep it. I was just thinking, because if it where me and they didn't have any type of a contract like that I would probably adopt and try to rehome the dog myself. Then you know he won't be put to sleep.

Or maybe you could write a nice letter/email or call a no kill shelter and see if maybe they'll take him in?

Crystal....nice to "see" you again :D! I have only actually seen 1 cat get a Lion cut since I have been in the shop (9 weeks now). We usually just have a lot of Persians that get baths & brush outs.

Chelle....the local HS doesn't say that you have to return the animal if you can no longer care for it. I adopted a rabbit from them (Lilli) because I wanted to make sure she got a good home and she did....she now lives with Larry & Nancy (on the boards) who live in Vegas. Basically....if you have the money, you have the pet. I think I am going to go to the shelter tonight, actually, to see if he is still there. I don't think Ryan would be too happy about a 2nd dog in the house right now since I have the foster rabbit set up in the living room. I also don't know if the dog was okay with cats....I don't even know how old he was.

---------------------------------

Speaking of foster rabbit....he's back to being a crazy little thing. He decided to pee all over his stuffed animal, pee on his towels, and chew up his carpet...so now he has a bare floor and isn't very happy about it.

The other night I had him out and I was snapping pictures of him....well, guess he didn't want the flash in his face because he chased me around the house. I had to hold out my camera (expensive, mind you!) to protect myself from his bared teeth....Ryan finally threw me a pillow and I pinned him to the floor with that...then he sulked off over in the corner for a little while. Sooooo....no more camera flash (forgot that might have been a trigger for him).

As I type this he is running back and forth in his cage, spilling water and pellets everywhere. I can't wait until the neuter fully kicks in (great...probably like 7 more weeks to go?).

With saying that, and no offense to anyone (especially you, Peg :p).....but I don't know how anyone can enjoy the growing up stage in rabbits :yuck. I mean, baby rabbits are adorable and always so sweet...but who on earth wants to go through the unknown of the teenage stage? LOL. I can't say I will never ever have a baby rabbit ever again, but I certainly will try to avoid it at all costs and go for an already spayed or neutered rabbit....or an adult rabbit who is yet to be altered (kind of like how Molly was). Of course, with some breeds this is nearly impossible because they just don't ever really end up in rescues...like Flemish, EL's, Velveteen Lops, etc. But there are a ton of Lionheads, Hollands, awesome mixed breeds, Rexes, etc sitting in rescues/shelters already and a lot of them are still young (under 2 years).

So this morning I went into school and my instructor told me my little friend was still there! The Humane Society forgot to pick him up last night, so he got to spend the night at the shop and then play with the doggies all day in the play yard! I was sooo happy knowing he got to hang out away from the shelter and just be a dog for a whole day. I was sad seeing him leave, but I now am at peace knowing he is actually going to get medical treatment - and he's such a nice little guy, I am sure he will get adopted with a good family.

:biggrin2:

Dexter got his tank cleaned tonight and got some play time in the bathroom with me (our new "safe spot")...he is now super happy to have a clean tank (excited because his environment changes & I add new things every time). He is really happy about all of the colorful crinkled paper (yay for clearance easter basket filler!).....

4526944295_48fecab80c.jpg

4527574824_887bfc51cd.jpg

4527576010_b07438c2c0.jpg

4526948237_4c58e70c97.jpg

4526949089_5cb2ffc81a.jpg

I need to sew him up some more beds pretty soon, as he only has 2 sets right now :p.

First of all - I'm thrilled about Morgan maybe having a bondmate - I was reading your other thread. I always felt like Morgan was so bonded to you that he wouldn't accept a partner - but here's hoping I was wrong.

And I never said I like/love the rabbits growing up. I love the baby stage - but by the time 8-12 weeks comes along - I'm ready to kick them out the door (not literally). Right now Meatloaf's litter is driving me crazy when they're out for playtime - and the kids...who used to go to bed when light patted on the butt with the broom - now turn around to fight the broom. (They were never hurt and rarely even touched - usually hurt it sweep behind them..and once in a while it might bump them).

The teenage phase is NOT fun at all.

And how is it that as much as I can't stand mice or rats - you always make them look like such fun? One of these days I might talk myself into one (NOT)...and then be in big trouble.

To my credit - I did have gerbils as a kid and my kids had hamsters and guinea pigs.

But a mouse? a rat?

I'll take teenage bunnies any day...

Ohhh come on, you know you want a little mousie! LOL ;). Dex is so much fun and has such a little personality, but I know mice and rats are not for everyone. I'll never have a hamster or a gerbil, as I've been bitten by hamsters (mice & rats rarely bite!) and gerbils look kind of boring to me (you can't sew them cute little beds!). I love rats, but I just can't have them as pets anymore...its too heartbreaking after loosing my heart rat, Spootie.

Oh....and I know Morgan is always going to be really bonded to me even if him and Molly bond. Morgs is such a momma's boy and to be honest....Molly is a momma's girl in some ways :D.

They are STILL together....its been like over 5 hours now I think.

jcottonl02 wrote:
I just could never imagine naming a pet after something evil....lol
Damon might be Evil but he is sssssooooooo freaking HAWT :thumbup lol

Amy Harrisburg is no where near Philly and Harrisburg is way to far from me :grumpy lol

love the pics of Jenson and the dog,lol

I know....Ryan changed his mind and is thinking near Harrisburg instead of Philly. I honestly think its better because I don't know how I'd drive in/near Philly....I'd have a panic attack and die. I think you are like 2-3 hours from Harrisburg? Not far!!!!

Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:
Lol I assume you are talking about the later 'Omens' where he is grown up :p.

I can't remember him. I have seen them, and the new one, but I thought the new one was pretty poor tbhwy.

Jenson is much better ;) But it reminds me of Jenson Button....which reminds me of Grand Prix, which reminds me of boring Sundays tbh. LOL!

jcottonl02 wrote:
Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:

They are talking about Vampire Diaries.

JadeIcing wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:
Luvmyzoocrew wrote:
jcottonl02 wrote:

They are talking about Vampire Diaries.
ha ha ha yes Vampire Diaries, the little boy on "the omen" was Damien or Damion. Ha ha ha you probably thought i was nuts, i remember the omen being a creepy lil boy,lol

HAHAHAHAHA LOL!!! Yes!!! Well The Omen was mentioned waaayy earlier in this thread so I guess that just stuck.

Yeah I did think u were a little odd hahaha but The Vampire Diaries- I've never watched that. A hot guy u say....hmmm

THATS why i said 'evil' lol! Cos that little boy is damned evil!!! hahaha

I love your mousie! He is so cute. I have a PEW at work (Algernon, of course, named by m volunteers).

My .02 on gerbils: they are a step up from mice but not quite a rat. My gerbil is very social and interactive with us, but he sure isn't up to rattie-speed!
Peg, don't knock it till you've tried it - rats are totally awesome, says baby Millicent & grown-up Agatha:
normal_Two_Meerkat_Rats.jpg

Latest posts

Back