Amoxicillin trihydrate clavulanate potassium (Clavamox)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I'm cinnibun's Mom. I'll be filinga complaint with the State Veterinary Regulatory Board as soon as theforms arrive. I don't know if the Better Business Bureauhandles complaints of this nature, but I'll be contacting them as wellto find out. Has anyone heard of a site that lists vets whoare more detrimental than beneficial to animals? If so, I'dlike to have the address so I can add this vet as well.

Cinnibun won't be on for a while. Thank you for all yourconcern and support during this difficult time. She'llprobably be back on once things have settled down. I knowthat she would like to have another sweet bunny, but I don't know whenshe'll be ready.

Oh thank you for updating us. PoorCinnibun, let her know we're thinking about her! The poorbunny! I hope you can get a result from the malpractice ofthis vet!

Ang xx

A similar thing happened on the CatForum, when avet re-vaccinated a cat without the owner's permission. Here'swhat the forum's vet in residence had to say:

Anyone who has such experiences really MUST file a complaintwith the state board of veterinary medicine. (Their address will be inthe government pages in the phone book.) Most likely no action willever be taken, or at most a written reprimand. However, it is importantto file for two reasons:

1. To send a warning. There is no feeling quite like getting a letterwith your name from the state board. (I got one once, and it was awful,even though it turned out to be only a request for info on a case filedagainst another vet where I had also seen the cat.) It's terrifying!And they deserve it. The state board controls veterinary licensing.Unethical vets can have their license suspended or revoked.

2. Even if the board does nothing, if everyone who's wrongly treatedwould complain, eventually the file on that clinic would become prettythick, and then action would have to be taken.

If you're feeling particularly creative, write a letter to the editorof your local newspaper. This would be greatly beneficial in educatingother pet owners, who may not know that this is unethical or what to doin such cases, and also let all vets know that this is not okay to do,ever!

Cheers,
Dr. Jean

I, too, am so very sorry. I really thought she might've made it. How terribly sad.

My heart goes out to you, Cinnibun.

-Carolyn

Oh my gosh, I have been offline for a few days, Ijust now read that you lost your sweet bun, I am so sosorry:( You did everything you could, I am proud of yourdedication to her, sorry things did not end well...Tracy

Oh, I can't believe it ... I'm so hurt ... I really thought that Cinnibun would pull through ...

I'm just so sorry ... my heart goes out to you.

Back