Afraid I cant take my bunnys :((

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...I REALLY hope this all works out...

I know that everyone here will go through he-double-hockey sticks and high water to give those buns a good temp home so you can have them in the end. So, keep your hopes up, Hun...I know everyone's going to work their booties off to find someone.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you...

Flowerpraying.jpg

Mümmel wrote:
JimD wrote:
Where in NY are you going?

~Jim
Mother in law lives in Orange County. More we cant say yet.

That's about an hour north from me.

I'll start checking around to see what's available.

Temporarily homing 7 is going to be tough. Are you up to the prospect of them being separated for a while?

~Jim

I wonder if dootsmom can help out or knows somebunnie who can?

Off to PM her right now!!!

~Jim

Wow, I really hope someone can step in! I wish I still lived in New York, then I could help. I lived in Upstate New York.

I don't really know anyone back there who could take them in for a while. I wish I did :?.

- Amy (Mallory, Morgan, and Madilyn-Mae):hearts

JimD wrote:
M�mmel wrote:
JimD wrote:
Where inNY are you going?

~Jim
That's about an hour north from me.

I'll start checking around to see what's available.

Temporarily homing 7 is going to be tough. Are you up to the prospect of them being separated for a while?

~Jim
It would be okay if they were separated..they live in 3groups at the moment because my sister and a friend will watch them until they get on their own flight with pet air.Thank you so much for helping.
-JadeIcing

I cant say where we will live in the future..for sure it will be NY,not too far outside and not the city...but everything else depends on the jobs we get. We want to get something close to where we work. One thing my husband applied for is in Suffolk County..so that's a possibility but cant say for sure until some time June I guess..:?

Emi

I'm so sorry Mummel!:(

If we lived closer Tony and I would put up at least one bonded group till you could finda place of your own! We live in Southern Ontario though, :?so it would be a looong drive to get them back to you and vice versa! I hope the members here can get a plan together to house your babies temporarily even if it meant splitting them up into bonded groups temporarily!

We have our fingers crossed for you and your babies!:bunnydance:

BTW! Tony says if we look after them...he is keeping Susi! LOL ;) I think he is in love! LOL

ani-lover wrote:
do you have any idea where in new york? do you know just inthe state or long island? at all?
Mümmel wrote:
JimD wrote:
Where in NY are you going?

~Jim
:)

ani-lover wrote:
do you have any idea where in new york? do you know just inthe state or long island? at all?
I cant say where we will live in the future..for sure it will be NY,not too far outside and not the city...but everything else depends on the jobs we get. We want to get something close to where we work. One thing my husband applied for is in Suffolk County..so that's a possibility but cant say for sure until some time June I guess.

Emi

[align=center]A NEW FULL VERSION[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]_________________________________________________[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]7 german Bunnies immigrating to the States, [/align]
[align=center]and in desperate need for a temporary foster home[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]My husband and me spent some time with the military overseas in Germany. Now that my husbands time is up we will be going back to the states to go to college and settle down in New York. [/align]
[align=center]We had to leave the military pretty quick since we fear being forced to stay in and another deployment. My husband was deployed to Iraq for 14 months straight. During that time my pets were really important to me and I feel emotionally attached to them. I really want to try to get them to the states.[/align]
[align=center]We are not in a good situation right now though. We will move in with my husbands mother and then look for a home and apply for jobs, get a drivers license and look for different colleges. During that time it would be difficult to have the bunnies with me, and my MIL is not too happy about the pets anyway.[/align]
[align=center]We want to have own housing as soon as possible but it may take us a few months. My husband is applying for afederal job and needs to take tests and go to the academy.[/align]
[align=center]Since I am a German national and have never been to the states, things are going to be a little difficult for me. I was hoping to work for a local school to receive a grant for college.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]We will be leaving to the states on the29th of may. The bunnies a week to a month after.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Details about the bunnies[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Females:[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
zz6.jpg
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Moses[/align]
[align=center]2 yrs.[/align]
[align=center]Teddy Dwarf[/align]
[align=center]Russian/ red eyes[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
zz1.jpg
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Susi [/align]
[align=center]17 months[/align]
[align=center]Teddy Lop[/align]
[align=center]Siam/ blue eyes[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
zz3.jpg
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Jasmin[/align]
[align=center]14 months[/align]
[align=center]White/ blue eyes[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
zz2.jpg
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Emily[/align]
[align=center]10 months[/align]
[align=center]grey brown/ grey eyes[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
zz5-1.jpg
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Angel[/align]
[align=center]13 months[/align]
[align=center]Mini Lop Cashmere Mix[/align]
[align=center]orange/ brown eyes[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
zz4.jpg
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Mia[/align]
[align=center]12 months[/align]
[align=center]Mini Lop Cashmere Mix[/align]
[align=center]black and tan/ brown eyes[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]None of the females are spayed[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Male:[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
zz5.jpg
[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Salem[/align]
[align=center]11 months[/align]
[align=center]Lop[/align]
[align=center]black/ brown eyes[/align]
[align=center](neutered at 2 months of age)[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]They weight between900 and 1800 gramms[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Moses is from Lorette de mar in Spain, she was on sale on a local animal market and in a really bad condition (she was meant to be food. Hard to understand how you could eat a pet bunny)Jasmin and Susi are cousins and Emily is Susi's daughter. Susi and Jasmin couldn't find a home because they were grownup already and shy, so I took them in. Susi brought her daughters Emily(and Amy, who died after fighting E. Cuniculi) [/align]
[align=center]Angel wasanervous problem bunny and therefore also sold. By now she is just as nice as the others,shebrought her sister Mia.[/align]
[align=center]Salem was left by my neighbors who went back to the states after the military. He was found in a box with toast to eat and no water. I didn't want to keep him at first but Moses really bonded with him as well as the other girls.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Since the bunny s will live with a friend of mine and my sister after I leave they are separated into 3 groups.:[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]1. Susi, Emily, Mia[/align]
[align=center]2. Moses, Salem, Jasmin[/align]
[align=center]3. Angel (was sick would move to 1.)[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Sadly my sister and friend are not allowed to keep the bunny's for much longer than a month.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Housing[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]They used to live in a 8m2 stable all together. Currently they live in metal wire cages with plastic bottoms. 1 meter wide and 50cm deep.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Shipping:[/align]
[align=center]I want to fly the bunny's in with 'Pet Air'[/align]
[align=center]http://www.petair.de/[/align]
[align=center]The bunny's can be place in a small or medium kennel in small groups. Restrictions are that they are supposed to have enough space to sit up and turn around.[/align]
[align=center]Water will be given in big bottles with a metal ball towards the tip, so no dripping.[/align]
[align=center]Food will be hey and plain grass pellets.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Papers/ entering the U.S.:[/align]
[align=center]The bunny's will be given a health certificate by the U.S.Military vet so they can easily enter the U.S. No quarantine time for bunnies.[/align]
[align=center]Sadly we still have a problem on how to get the bunnies from the airport in NY to their foster homes. If were lucky a drivers license could be ready but I also want to look for other solutions of getting them around NY.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Thanks to all that may provide help![/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Emi[/align]

Hi Mummel!

Good luck with transporting your bunnies to the States! I hope you can find foster homes for them and that everything works out well for you.

I really admire all the effort you are going to totake them all with you, you are an amazing bunny mum. :kiss:

I cant say i can help with the bunnies at the moment since i live in an apartment i can offer to help you with directions or finding places in the area.I live about 10 minutes from orange county just across the bridge in duchess county.

Back