Afraid I cant take my bunnys :((

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mummel

Reaction score
Im so desperate right now..:(

My husband just told me that he doesn't want me to bring the bunnies right away..I thought we had an agreement about leaving two and taking 5 :shock: (he thinks its too many bunnies so I would have given 2 away..-which actually I wouldn't really want to do either)

He doesn't want the bunnies to be with us the first time because:

-we will live with my mother in law until we find own housing.

-we will be busy looking for jobs and doing paperwork and then later moving in etc.

My husband says once we are not busy anymore I could have the bunnys sent to the states..but I don't have a place for 5-7 bunnies in germany until then! Shelters and Farms take a lot of money for caring for the bunnies and my husband doesn't want to spend much really.

He doesn't understand why I am so emotionally attached to the bunny's.For him its just bunnies and he told me I should just get new ones in the states <_<

Im thinking my husband hopes that when I leave the bunnies, I will forget about them. :X

Only way I would be allowed to take them is if I would find a shelter/hotel/farm/place for them in NY. Something that is not very expensive...so I am hoping for a miracle actually...

Does anyone know about places for pets? Or maybe even a farmer or person that would be willing to take them in for a while?

These are my bunnies: Moses, Emily, Angel, Susi, Salem, Jasmin, Mia

zz6.jpg
zz2.jpg
zz5-1.jpg
zz1.jpg

zz5.jpg
zz3.jpg
zz4.jpg

Emi

You poor thing, unfortunately I cant help you so this message is just to let you know I'm thinkingabout you and hoping everything works out for you. Don't worry I'm sure the people at R.O will be able to help you :)

I live in CT. When are you coming. I can talk to my husband tonight and see. :?Or at at least check around for you. NY is not that long of a drive. Maybe like two hours.

JadeIcing wrote:
I live in CT. When are you coming. I can talk to my husband tonight and see. :?Or at at least check around for you. NY is not that long of a drive. Maybe like two hours.
We fly on the 29th of May.

I have a friend who could have them for a while but not much longer than a month..she would bring them to the airport..meaning the bunnys will fly later than us...

JadeIcing wrote:
Are you sure if you get them here he will let you take them back later on?
He told me so, but if I tell him I have someone in mind for the bunny's I would talk about it with him anyway.

I will make sure later at home.

Hopefully things work out. Right now I am packed. If my foster gets adopted things will open up here a bit. As it stands now not sure he would say yes.

JadeIcing, could you ask some of the other people that foster for the same rescue as you? Mummel, are all the bunnies bonded together or are there separate groups?If there's separate groups, maybe somebody could take one group and another person take another group, etc.

Maybe contact the New York HRS too, see if they can help with temporary housing:
New York City area:
http://www.rabbitcare.org/

Upstate New York:
http://www.therabbitresource.org/

naturestee wrote:
JadeIcing, could you ask some of the other people thatfoster for the same rescue as you? Mummel, are all thebunnies bonded together or are there separate groups? Ifthere's separate groups, maybe somebody could take one group andanother person take another group, etc.

Was already going to pass the word around. :bunnydance:Thing is right now we are in desperate need of Foster homes.:?

I am so sorry you are in this situation. All of your rabbits are absolutely gorgeous (of course I have a soft spot for the fuzzy and loppy ones :D ).

If I was up in NY, I'd take them in a heartbeat for you. Unfortunately I'm in Florida! I bet with the help of this forum you will find something that will work out.

Good Luck!

Oh no how awful....:(I hate that I am so far away from everyone and can never help with things like this!:pullhair:

I hope hope hope somebody here with be able to help!!:pray:

Sry I was gone to the vet.

Right now they live in 3 groups but they also can be together after a short bonding time.

Groups

1. Susi, Emily, Mia (lowest rank buns)

2. Jasmin, Moses, Salem (highest rank buns)

3 Angel (crazy bunny)

The bunnys lived outside first and for 8 months they have been inside the house. I used to have them in one big stable but since we move soon I put them in 3 big cages. All Bunnys are easy to handle..no very shy bunnies, no biting.

1 and 2 are fine together..

Angelhad lots of problems with her nose healing and is now a single bunny and very bitchy against the others. Guess she needs spaying so she gets less aggressive. She is fine with the low ranking bunnys but fights with the more dominant ones.

The Groups could be made smaller too..

Thanks for the links..I will check them out.

My hubby should be home soon so i can talk to him...

Back