Adopted Another Bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just took this one of Nicky - he is just too cute, and seems to love posing.
One second after this was taken he attacked the camera!

sfritzp wrote:
My buns are in a 'pen' that is quitespacious. The floor is wooden pallets that I covered with yoga pads, sothey are not directly on the floor. There is an open cage on one endwhere I attach their food/water dishes and a corner litter/hay box.That cage is carpeted. At the other end of the pen is a wooden 'palace'where they can sit inside, or run up a ramp to sit on the top.<br>My point in discribing the pen is, all my buns before this seemed tojust like their area, and didn't jump out - though they could have, Isuppose...<br>Maggie just rocked my compulsive world by having the nerve to jump outof the little rabbit heaven I provided for her! But - I'm learning todeal with it. She does jump back in to the pen to use the litter boxand eat.<br>I devised a 'Rabbit Containment System' - consisting of a mesh coverfor the pen. I put that on at night, because I am concerned that shemight hurt herself with nobody around. During the day, though, she doescome and go - and she's very happy doing it! I've rabbit proofed thearea she wanders in, so it's fairly safe. She usually just finds aplace to lay down anyway. <br>Pens do give them a bit more space and different places to sit. If theyare well furnished and rabbit-friendly, most normal bunswouldn't want to jump or climb out.<br>I remember when I had normal buns... :foreheadsmack:<br>

I don't know if we should be using wood pallets now. I came across this site like a week ago: http://www.pallettruth.com/ And I am like, "holly bunny, say what?" Turns out those pallets are pretty much dangerous. I know they say nothing about rabbits, but if they can be bad for humans .... you never know. So, I would at least try to be careful and try to wash them well with .... I don't know what .... soap, before using them.

Latest posts

Back