Adopted Another Bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ohh,you made such a fantastic choice with that bunny,she is soooooo pretty,

just look at her colouring,she is just so striking:)

She is fantastic! Hercolouring is beautiful! Iwas over at my friends last year when we went to go get soemthing toeat and her rabbit was running around in the room and she jumped up ona high table! We were so amazed she had this confused look on her facethat almost looked devilish saying "I don't know how I got up here!".:D I find msot rabbits love to go up and down ramps and jump ontostuff! Amazing cage! I'm guessing you built it yourself?:)Socool!

Actually, when I was looking to adopt a bun,none of the ones that the Upstate NY HRS had on their web site seemed'right. One of the fosterers just mentioned in passing that a Harlequinhad been rescued in Syracuse NY. A little light went off in my head andI asked about her. She wasn't even up for adoption yet, as she wasimmaciated and all her feet ulcerated from being on wire in a filthycage.
I made it known I was interested in her, and asked to be kept informed of her condition.
Somehow I just knew she was the one. I hadn't even seen her pic yet!
She recovered quite quickly (a sign she was a real fighter) and wasable to undergo a spay. Four weeks after that - she was mine! Shecannot be on wire because of her feet, so no cage for her! The feethave healed up beautifully. When I got her they were still bare of furand red. They are 100% healed now!

I did make the cage myself, but I got alot of inspiration and greatideas from the members of this forum who posted pics of their ownmarvelous works!
It was fun to plan and build. Just when I thought I was done, I'd getanother idea - and add a couple of more panels for a cubby hole. So farI have used three boxes of the NIC panels. Thats about 66 panels! AndI'm debating about getting another box - as I still have a few ideas inmy head! It's about 12 foot long and 3 feet wide. In all it took about6 evenings to complete.
The greatest thing was having the rabbits there while I was doing it.Maggie especially was quite interested and often hopped right where Iwas working - in the way - and wouldn't leave until I gave her a pat onthe butt. Then she's twitch her tail and binky off to annoy Nick. Thenshe'd bring him back with her!

What a neat story on how you got Maggie.

She has made so many changes for you.

Another good idea on your cage that other members

should note. You left the backside open as you placed the

cage against the wall saving on the extra panels.

Rainbows! :)

Pet-Bunny - Yes - I left the back open - but placing panels there is one of the 'plans' I have revolving in my head...
With panels on that wall, I will be able to place some 'resting'shelves for them - specifically Maggie - who loves to be on top ofthings (tables, garbage cans, chairs, ect :))

That's whats great about these NIC cages - you can change them - add onto them. I am having a ball with this stuff! And the buns seem to likeeverything I've done so far!

Nicky just loves his little 'get away' cubby hole under the ramp. He'sgot a towel he can dig at and sleep on, and his favorite toys are inthere. It's a bit cramped in there for Maggie - though she does try toget in with him at times - so it's like 'his space'.

Maggie is so pretty, and that pen isawesome! I've wanted to do something like that, but those NICcubes drives me nuts, lol. I can't seem to get them sturdyenough, or to make one with easy enough cleaning access.Maybe I'm just too picky.

Forgive me for going on and on about this cage - but it is SOOOO easy to clean!

On the top, I fixed it so it could fan-folded to the sides. Almost theentire front fan-folds to the sides also. There is almost completeaccess to the entire pen, and the areas that aren't, I can reach withthe shop vac wand.

I got those padded play mats, ones that fit together, for the floor. They are removable and washable.

My daily cleaning time - which was about 20 to 30 minutes - has been cut down to 10 to 15!

If I could get a self-cleaning litter/hay box - I'd be all set!

I am trying to pst some pics I took with my NEWdigital camera (I am now in the 21st century...) This is my Nick in his'Saying Grace' mode

Latest posts

Back