Accidents Happen...Didnt think it would happen to me

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait till they hit about a month old....oh my. It gets even more fun!

They look adorable - of course!

TinysMom wrote:

u said the same thing when they opened their eyes...oh now i am getting excited for that stage now too lol

I am sure you will find good homes for them, I am going to be in the same boat too, I know my mom wants one as a house bunny now that she has seen how much fun my buns are and she understands the work that goes into them but as for the other two I am starting to look around.

I want to find good homes but the add I posted on CL has been flagged/removed. here it is:

Title:(farm & garden) Large Rabbits/ Bunnies/ Bunny for sale

I have 2 black baby bunnies for sale. They are pet quality and will be sold to INDOOR - PET homes. They will be ready to leave their mom on May 15th and will be LARGE rabbits when fully matured. Any where from 10 to 14 pounds, and are Flemish Giant - American Satin cross. Mom and Dad on site. They have been handled from day one and are curious but docile, and friendly. They will need a large cage and room to exercise daily. This is a long commitment so SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY!!! and i will have a few questions for you if you are interested. I am selling them for $30.00 each or $50.00 for both. feel free to email me at [email protected] THANKS in the pics are the 2 babies...Mom is the redish colored American Satin and the Dad is the black Flemish Giant

Since momma Rose died they are going to need a lot of nutrition that they would get from her. Have they been eating greens? All my mommas get a salad everynight and I start all the babies at two weeks old eating pellets and little pieces of diffrent greens. They need unlimited pellets, alfalfa hay(I use the cubes and give grass hay), and whatever else you feed.

Since they are so young and still need momma I would get benebac, a friend who breeds says she gives it once a week to all her babies until 10 weeks and she has had better luck with babies living since giving it. We can not get it around here so she orders it off of some rabbit site online. I have one tube of it she gave me that I keep around.

How are the babies doing so far? They will probably bond very close to you with mom gone. You will become mom. I would love to take one if we could get a ride.

Babies r doing good so far I have them on formula a pro biotic and i gave them a bit of applesauce today.

I was under the impression that giving greens was not a good idea til they r 6 months old

I do have benabac on hand but have not used it yet

If Rose ate veggies it is fine for the babies, just give slowly. Many people have diffrent opinions but I personally think eating leafy veg as soon as they start eating really help with their growth and health.

Fancy77 wrote:
TinysMom wrote:

u said the same thing when they opened their eyes...oh now i am getting excited for that stage now too lol
Probably because it keeps getting more and more fun...and Nyx's kits are a month old now and we enjoy them so much.

Its when they get to the teen stage that you want to pull your hair out. Suddenly when you say "bedtime" and shoo them to bed with the broom like usual - they turn around and fight back or run away.

That's when it isn't so fun....cause I laugh so hard I almost double over.

Then I get serious about shooing them to bed.

It probably got flagged because you can't sell pets on Craigslist. You can rehome them in the Pets sectionor sellthem as livestock in Farm& Garden. Even if you post in Pets, you may still have a problem rehoming them,as people may still think you bred them intentionally.:(

Here's an article on selling/rehoming pets on CL: http://www.ehow.com/how_5741603_avoid-pet-ad-flagged-craigslist.html

Hope that helps!

Oh, and you need to post more pictures again! :biggrin2:

Rue

I just realized mama had passed away - here is a link on caring for orphaned rabbits by Dana Krempels

http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/orphan.html

From that site:

# Three to six weeks: 13-15 cc/ml each feeding (two feedings) As always, quantity may be LESS depending on the size of the rabbit.

and...

Weaning

A domestic rabbit feeds her babies for about 8 weeks, gradually decreasing the frequency of feedings until they lose interest. Your baby bunnies will start to nibble on pellets and solid food at about the age of two to three weeks, but this does NOT mean they are ready to be weaned. In fact, it's even more important that you continue feeding colostrum-enhanced formula to help control the growth of potentially harmful pathogens as the babies introduce new bacteria into their systems.

If the babies still beg for nursing by the age of six - eight weeks, you can begin to dilute the formula with clean drinking water. Start with 25% water to 75% formula, and gradually decrease the percentage of milk until the babies lose interest. It's less traumatic for you and the babies to gradually wean them this way. (And it's a great little trick taught to me by my own pediatrician father, Geza J. Krempels, M.D.)

I didn't know that the momma died. I am so sorry I missed that. I am lucky so far, my momma wants the runty one and friends of mine want another one he comes from a family that doesn't believe animals should be caged so that should be good. One more to go. I really hope you can find them each a home. Have you tried kijiji? google your hometown and kijiji and see if you have one you can sell pets there

thx a bunch Peg!!!!! Any help/advice is always welcome!!!!

I know I sound like a broken record but Dave has been helping me, and what a God send.

Sarah thx I completely forgot about Kijiji...good call

They're HUGE....wow....bigger than Nyx's I think.

Tiny always loved babies - Hermes wants to mount them - Mercury is great when the kids are little and get to play while he's having playtime...

I missed recording it but Monty at one point just melted to the floor waiting for pets or something when he went next to them. The babies seem to have there personalities formed..one is a follower...the other is more adventurous. Both melt when petted tho which reminds me of Monty

Latest posts

Back