A Game For Breeders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
whaleyk98 wrote:
hmm...I was going for blue chin...what did I do wrong?

you forgot to make it Agouti. it would be Aa, because aa means self or solid color. Also, you put in ee, which would be non-extension, when combined with the cch would make it a steel. Blue chin would be

Aa Bb c[suP]chd[/suP]c dd EE

because it is an agouti color and is full-extension.

Sorry, I would have put something down, but I don't know how to write stuff like that haha. I guess I could have just thrown something together, but I'd probably end up putting a color out there that was entirely impossible. :p

Emily

lelanatty wrote:
whaleyk98 wrote:

you forgot to make it Agouti. it would be Aa, because aa means self or solid color. Also, you put in ee, which would be non-extension, when combined with the cch would make it a steel. Blue chin would be

ahh ok, thanks for explaining that. This game is very informative!By the way, how do you get your letters Aa Bb c[suP]chd[/suP]c dd EE instead of cchdc?

whaleyk98 wrote:
lelanatty wrote:
whaleyk98 wrote:

ahh ok, thanks for explaining that. This game is very informative!By the way, how do you get your letters Aa Bb c[suP]chd[/suP]c dd EE instead of cchdc?
There is a magic button. If you hit "Reply" when responding to a thread instead of using the quick reply box, right next to where you can choose the font are the buttons that show superscript[suP]up here[/suP] and subscript[suB]at the bottom[/suB]and that's how Iget the letters like that. I am glad that it is there. :)

Emily you are welcome to try, this game is designed to help you learn! Go ahead and take this next turn if you'd like.

lelanatty wrote:
whaleyk98 wrote:

Aa Bb c[sup]chd[/sup]c dd EE

Learnt something new again. Non-extension + cchd nakes steel. Did I get this right?

Sabine wrote:

Learnt something new again. Non-extension + cchd nakes steel. Did I get this right?
No - Es combined with agouti makes steel. A non-extension color (such as tort e) can't be a steel because Es is dominant over e. A cchd rabbit can be a steel - but must be agouti and can't be non-extension. (cchl and cchd produce silver tips on steel rabbits). For example silver tipped blue steel: A_ B_ cchl_ dd Es_ (a smoke pearl with the steel gene).

Sabine wrote:
aa Bb dd cch c dd ee

So if this is not blue silver tipped steal. What is it?

Your letters are not a correct genotype for anything.

If you mean:

aa Bb cchl c dd ee

It would be a blue point aka dilute sable point(see photo below).

aa Bbcchd c dd ee would be similar (darker/smuttier), and aa Bb ch c dd ee would be a blue himi with poor color due to the non-extension gene.

bluepointJW2.JPG

All the above genotypes also carry chocolate recessively, as well as REW.

How about this one?

At_ B_ C_ D_ ee ww

Oh sorry, I just copied and pasted from a previous post. I will go away now and ponder on the new one:idea

Could this be a black otter with blue eyes?

No can't be, where does the non-extension come into it:?

pamnock wrote:
How about this one?

At_ B_ C_ D_ ee ww

>.>;

YOUR WIDEBAND GENETICS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE. lol.

Uh.

=/

I think the wideband turns otters into tans, although I could be quite wrong.
But if that's right, then the non extension would make it a "tort otter" with wideband..

Which would make it something along the lines of a tort tan? o_O;

Oh my! That's quite a stumper! I agree with Megan though, and I didn't even know that ww meant wideband.

Whaaatt is it???????????????

Please tell us Pam, we want to learn what you know :biggrin:

Wideband:? I thought the w stood for Vienna carrier? Just when I thought I understood something....:(

Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:

I think the wideband turns otters into tans, although I could be quite wrong.
But if that's right, then the non extension would make it a "tort otter" with wideband..

Which would make it something along the lines of a tort tan? o_O;

You win the prize for your excellent critical thinking skills!

87-1.jpg

Sabine wrote:
Wideband:? I thought the w stood for Vienna carrier? Just when I thought I understood something....:(
Vienna is V (normal) or recessive "v" (BEW). The dominant V does not completely mask the recessive "v" (hence the BEW mismarks)

Back