A Game For Breeders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yay, I can now declare myself a rabbit nerd:biggrin:

I just sat down and figured the genetics of a pet rabbit I own. I have a fair idea as I know her parents. So hopefully this is accurate even not very exciting:
aaBBCCDDEeEnen
I am not sure if you stick the gene for broken at the end?

Haha you gave away half the answer, but yes I would just stick it on the end, just to throw people off :biggrin:

A broken black carrying non-extension?

lelanatty wrote:
Haha you gave away half the answer, but yes I would just stick it on the end, just to throw people off :biggrin:

A broken black carrying non-extension?
Yeah I guess so that's why I added the extra question:)
The rabbit is Magic (avatar)

You didn't tell me who Magic's mom is:) (from my avatar)

AaBbCcDcEe

Your rabbit is an agouti. Not sure what type though. (Is there a black agouti?)
Carrying self,chocolate, REW, not sure what the c after the capital D stands for? and non-extension

Sabine wrote:
You didn't tell me who Magic's mom is:) (from my avatar)

AaBbCcDcEe

Your rabbit is an agouti. Not sure what type though. (Is there a black agouti?)
Carrying self,chocolate, REW, not sure what the c after the capital D stands for? and non-extension

Magic's mom would have to be Coco, I think.

This rabbit is a Chestnut Agouti. Black Agouti is chestnut agouti, it is part of the black family.Sorry about the c after the D, it is supposed to be a little d. But you pretty much got it. Your turn :)

I wasn't sure if chestnut agouti was the same as black as chestnuts are brown:biggrin:
If it's a small d it carries dilute.
Yes Coco is Magic's mom. By the way, do you own that agouti rabbit?
I am beginning to find it easy enough to read the genetic code but I often don't have a name to put on the phenotype. This is a good exercise:)

Sabine wrote:
I wasn't sure if chestnut agouti was the same as black as chestnuts are brown:biggrin:
If it's a small d it carries dilute.
Yes Coco is Magic's mom. By the way, do you own that agouti rabbit?
I am beginning to find it easy enough to read the genetic code but I often don't have a name to put on the phenotype. This is a good exercise:)

The "brown" that you see inAgoutis is caused by the A gene, but the color family is controlled by the B gene. Agouti, like nearly every other pattern, comes in black, blue, chocolate, and Lilac. Chestnut Agouti is the black, Opal is a blue Agouti, There are Chocolate Agoutis I think someimes called Cinnamon, and Lilac Agouti is the color Lynx. And of course the chocolate agouti and the lilac agouti are part of the chocolate family.

No, I do not own that rabbit.

:) Your turn again

Thanks for the explanation.It's good to be able to put names to the colours.
I'll work out another pattern later on tonight as I still have tons of hutches to clean.If anyone wants to take my turn in the meantime feel free and I'll be back later:)

Here we go: This could be one of my rabbits (avatar)
aaBbc
[sup]chl[/sup]c[sup]h[/sup]DdEeEnEn

Sabine wrote:
aaBbc
[suP]chl[/suP]c[suP]h[/suP]DdEeEnEn

Alright....so I'm just gonna say some of the colours that I know are in there...and perhaps take my very best guess.

Self, Broken, Dilute, Chocolate, Himi, Chinchilla.

I'm guessing it's either a Smoke Pearl or a Sable Point... but I can't be sure what it carries...perhaps Himi?

Emily

BlueCamasRabbitry wrote:
Sabine wrote:
aaBbc
[sup]chl[/sup]c[sup]h[/sup]DdEeEnEn

Alright....so I'm just gonna say some of the colours that I know are in there...and perhaps take my very best guess.

Self, Broken, Dilute, Chocolate, Himi, Chinchilla.

I'm guessing it's either a Smoke Pearl or a Sable Point... but I can't be sure what it carries...perhaps Himi?

Emily
It carries Himi (but I just made that up as I don't know his background)
It can't be a smoke pearl as it only carries dilute and it's full extension so not sable point. But you're right about the broken. It's a charly.
Find the rabbit in my avatar and it's your turn:)

Latest posts

Back