A Game For Breeders

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shaded Night Rabbitry

Reaction score
The rules of the game are simple. Someone posts a rabbits genotype, and you try to guess the phenotype. Once correctly guessed, the person who guessed the phenotype correctly gets to post a new genotype.

To be even trickier, not only should you post what the phenotype is, but you should post what it carries! Tee hee!

I'll go first:

My rabbit is a[sup]t[/sup]a BB c[sup]chl[/sup]c[sup]h[/sup] Dd Ee. What is he, and what does he carry?

Sable Marten?
Carrying solid, homozygous black, himi, dulite, and nonextension. Quite a genetically varied rabbit.

Do you really have a rabbit like that?

That is hard one. I have wondered what this color looks like because it doesn't seem to make sense. Have you ever seen one before?

Blue Self Chin carrying chocolate.

Correct! And nope. o.o; I've seen pictures of them in other breeds, however. (There's self chin satins on my local CL right now.)

They basically look like selfs with totally the wrong eye color. X3

Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:
Correct! And nope. o.o; I've seen pictures of them in other breeds, however. (There's self chin satins on my local CL right now.)

Link please? :)

This sort of stuff will take me hours to figure out. Only just saw the thread but do post another one:)

lelanatty wrote:
Shaded Night Rabbitry wrote:

Link please? :)
The post expired. =/ But I know the person, and they only live 20 minutes from me. If they can't get a good photo, then I'll drive over and take some. I'd like to see them again, too. XD

Here's their email:
Yup that was me! I have some more self-chins (you're bound to get self-chins when you breed chinchilla that is Aa to a self rabbit, which is aa). Self-chins are also known as seals. I noticed that I get two types of self-chins. One type has dark black fur like a true black but it has eyes that aren't dark brown like a true black (which is a DQ). The other type of self-chin I have is dark brown eyes but the fur isn't a true black. Sure, at first glance they look like blacks but if you look at them under a good light, the black looks kind of off. Almost very dark brown in the head then black towards the rest of the body. It varies. I will try to get some good pictures but if I can't, would you like to see them in person? (If you're close to me, I can't remember if you're close to Lacey)

X3 And your turn! LOL.

Nice Eye. Lol.

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back here.

This one actually is a real rabbit:

a[suP]t[/suP]a[suP]t[/suP]BBc[suP]chd[/suP]c[suP]chl[/suP]DdEE

Back