7 days in counting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh wait i for got to say we just warmed the other baby bun up, and it is fine now.

Becca wrote:
Are you sure? Just like that?

Okay....

I would leave them be for a while but do you think Mum bun has more kits or do you think thats it?
May be. she is acting normal.

No i don't think so, it is hard too look in nest box, she still atacks us when we try to open the nest box.

Well at least shes being protective, what do you mean 'open' the nest box? Can mum get in alright?

Your doing really well, listening to everything we say! Well done. Keep it up :D

I wouldn't worry about them being fed yet and you probably will never see her feeding them because they only fed them when no one is around and only around twice a day.

Can she stand up in the nest box? Is the hole for her to get in high up enough so the kits cant accidently wriggle out?

Hopefully she will feed them within 24 hours of birth. Sounds like she is going to be a stressy mum.

Flashy wrote:
Can she stand up in the nest box? Is the hole for her to get in high up enough so the kits cant accidently wriggle out?

Hopefully she will feed them within 24 hours of birth. Sounds like she is going to be a stressy mum.
No the kits cant wriggle out i will check on her after we eat.

If she hasn;t fed them within 24 hours it might be worth removing the lid of the nestbox to see if she has been struggling due to that.

When you check them tomorrow have a close look at them to see if they have ''ping-pong bellies'' which means nice roundbellies like a ping pong, this means she has fed them, if they have sunken/thin stomachs then she hasn't fed them.

lemon wrote:
...? Well i think it was faulse.
Teddy is a little young ( yes thats him as my avater.)

I'm confused. Are there babies inthe nest or aren't there?

Either way you should be checking the nest box everyday (yes touching the babies) to be sure they are in good health.

Latest posts

Back