7 days in counting

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
clevername wrote:
lemon wrote:
...? Well i think it was faulse.
Teddy is a little young ( yes thats him as my avater.)

I'm confused. Are there babies inthe nest or aren't there?

Either way you should be checking the nest box everyday (yes touching the babies) to be sure they are in good health.
Yes there are babys.( i posted that on her due date the 4 and she had them the 6.)

Becca wrote:
How are they today :)?
I havent checked on them yet. But last night checked on them and i saw the white on wriggleing a round, it is hard to see the other baby because he is grey and the nest in the shadows.

Thats good, don't be afraid to pick them up either - then they will be used to the feeling of being picked up, and also so you can check them (obv) though you may want your mom to be with you to distract Angel so she doesn't try and hurt your hand.

:D

I see i see the straw moving and sometimes a baby bun head.

When do there eyes open?

You need to listen to what people are saying and actually check the babies, not just the nest. I know it might be hard, but it is vital because it means you can catch problems quickly, and are less likely to lose kits. If you don't check the kits you stand more chance of losing them through things like mum not feeding, etc.

Their eyes will open between 10-14 days, but normally on day 11 or 12 (in my experience, which is limited, lol).

Are you finding people's replys hard to understand? By the way you type you seem really young. Ok so what you need to do is to look in the nest and make sure there are no more babies that are dead, then you have to pick up the babies and make sure they are ok and have been fed, if they have been feed their bellies will be nice and round and if they haven't then their bellies won't be. It is really important that you do this to see if the babies are healthy and are being fed. :)

Ok i want to check on them but i need my moms help, she does not want to do it right now. But i will try to tell her that the babys could die. It might be hard be cause my father does not like it when bug my mom in to something.

And we have been chasing our geese a round trying to catch them and mom says geese are more emportant. we have not aten yet.

Dont worry we are going to take them out.:):)

That's fantastic. Well done you!

If your mum doesn't understand anything you ask her, or you don't understand anything we ask you, then your mum is more than welcome to come onto the site, and if you don't understand then please ask us to explain because we do want to help, and there are lots of ways to explain things if you don't understand :)

Sounds like Angel might be a great mum if she has already fed them and they also were born in the nest :D. How exciting!

lemon wrote:
We took them out there are 4 and they all have ping pong bellys.

That's AWESOME! Do you have a camera? I'd love to see them when you can take pictures.

Latest posts

Back