4 week old bunnies being sold on Craigslist!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lovebunnyok wrote:
This is her latest email. Lets count how many errors we find in this one:

Unless you're an experienced breeder don't make judgements. In my experience the genes has a lot to determine if a 4 week old lives or dies. Kits living with their mother die often while other mothers may have kits that are ready to go on their own at 4 weeks.

The law is one thing but biology is another.

lovebunnyok wrote:
She's still emailing me, calling me names, and telling me that I don't know what I am talking about. :(

She is using common bullying tactics.Tell her to stop harassing youand alert the authorities if she is violating state law for selling bunnies under age.

Woke up this morning to a threat. Oh yea.

You just think your so smooth dont u? Omg im not from here so that makes me so fucking cool and smart lol wow well guess what neighther am I and hey did u know in the state of arkansas you can LEGALLY beat your wife, but only once a month. In the state of arkansas if your caught flirting in public with the opposite sex after six p.m. you could go to jail for up to 30days. Look it up. And you are so right im out of my goddamn mind and if i get a phonecall from you at 8am tomorrow It will be traced back and im gunna know where the **** u live and im gunna come eat your organs, poopem out, and feed it to your rabbit.

Well, now you know that you are not only dealing with an ignorant individual, but a rather disturbed one.

I have contacted the Humane society in her area. I gave them her full name, phone number, and included the post from Craigslist. If I haven't heard anything in a day or so, I will call them. She is a rather disturbed woman, and I would love to get those sweet bunnies out of her care!

These emails from her are getting beyond the point, they are becoming threating and psychotic, I'd definatly consider forwarding them on to the ASPCA, as wheather what she is doing by selling them is right or wrong, she definatly doesn't seem to be vary sane of mind and therefore shouldn't be owning pets of any kind, she seriously needs mental help and they just might be able to provide her with the kind of help she needs.

Look at her email header and trace the IP address. I use Samspade.org. I would report her to her IP provider. Also call your local police to report this. They will deal with the police department in her area.

Just to let you know I also contact someone who was advertising 3 week old rabbits for sale on CL. They were going to let them go at 4 weeks. I talk them into waiting until 6 weeks.I also advised them to screen the potential buyers carefully. I sent them some information. They were very grateful for the information. Totally the opposite situation to yours. There are some people who are willing to learn.

Thank you everyone. So far tonight, no psycho emails. So I am just going to work through the Humane society and try and get her fined or at least educated. Not sure it will work, but at least I can sleep at night knowing I did everything I could.

Funny enough, my husband gave me quite a scare tonight. His phone stopped working, so he borrowed a coworker's phone. Little did he know, that phone had the same area code as the psycho lady. When my phone rang, and I saw it was from New Jersey, every horror movie scene where the psycho calls their victim while they are outside the house, popped into my head! I refused to answer, and actually moved into the bathroom where there was no windows! LOL... Fortunately, he left a message, and I called him right back. I think I'm not going to watch any psycho killer movies for a while. LOL

:laugh:

Lol I would have reacted the same!
I hope something can be done for the poor bunnies and something done against that crazy lady! I'm hoping she is like 13, God help the world if that is an adult woman!

I cannot believe this!!

That lady has some serious issues--she needs all her animals to be taken away from her..

I'd be willing to take all of them if it means getting them away from this God-awful creature!

irishbunny wrote:
Lol I would have reacted the same!
I hope something can be done for the poor bunnies and something done against that crazy lady! I'm hoping she is like 13, God help the world if that is an adult woman!
Unfortunately, she is an adult female. I did some cyber snooping, mainly because I was hoping she would be a kid too, and I could contact her parents. There are some very sad people in this world, and I would love to take those precious babies from her. :tears2:

If I were you, I'd contact the authorities about the harassment you are receiving. That last email was almost like a death threat. You did right about reporting her to both the Humane Society and the ASPCA in her area. She obviously hasn't ever had rabbits before, or hasn't kept them properly. My two buns are very happy together. And I'm not an expert on rabbits, but I've read everywhere that kits need to be with their mom at least 6 weeks.

I would ignore her emails, and print them out for the local authorities to look at. They need to know about this, and I'm not trying to be rude, but you'd be a fool to not report this abuse.

"hey did u know in the state of arkansas you can LEGALLY beat your wife, but only once a month. In the state of arkansas if your caught flirting in public with the opposite sex after six p.m. you could go to jail for up to 30days."

What did that piece of information have to do with what the two of you were arguing about? It makes no sense. This lady needs some real help.

It had nothing to do with the conversation. She was just spouting random sh** like that. She went from being very polite to deteriorating to random BS and threatening. She hasn't said anything else since that night, thankfully.

For reasons like that, I wonder if I should set up a "dummy" email account, so that the people who I email off Craigslist don't have my real email account and potentially real name. It's a bit cowardly to use a no-name email account, and may weaken the message, but it probably would be safer for you, and it's better than what I do now--which is just flag posts I don't like instead of emailing the poster. I've lost my courage/patience to put up with people like that.

Latest posts

Back