25th Wedding Anniversary June 1st.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wabbitdad12

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
:inlove:Wabbitmom12 (Karen) and I will celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary June 1st! We met while both working during college at a department store called Montgomery Wards. I thought for sure someone as cute as she was,had to have a boyfriend. Fortunately for me she did not, we dated a couple of times prior to finals. Beginning of the next semester we saw each other weekly,then began studying together andthen quickly became an item.Six months later I popped the question,never thought about it, hadn't planned it the words just came out one evening. She didn't give me an answer immediately, didn't think to much about it. I just enjoyed being with her.

One day as we pulled into her parents driveway, she said "I think we'll name our son Jeff and our daughter Kristin." I looked at her and asked, so I guess this means yes? She said yes it does. A little over a yearlater, in about 3 weeks time, I had graduated from college, became a Lieutenant in the US Air Force, married and moving to my first duty station in Colorado. Karen has endured all the moves we had to make in Air Force, not complaining once. It was quite a shock to her also, to be married and then within a week having to move 1200 miles away, leaving a very close family and setting up an apartment in a strange city not knowing anyone, while I was at the base all day.

That in a nutshell is how our life started out together.

We have 3 great children, Jeff, 21 and in the USAF, Josh 17 and will be a senior in high school this fall,Kristin, 14 and a freshmen in high school this fall.

Its been an interesting 25 years and the last 5 havebeen, well for the lack of a better word, wacky, to say the least.

Iam married to a very special woman,she hasto be to have put up with me so long!;)

I couldn't imagine life without her.

CONGRATS........I'm sure its been quite a ride - as a former military spouse myself.

I hope your 25th anniversary goes better than ours. We had moved just a few days beforehand and Art was working swing shift. I decided to let him rest and he read a book almost all day - then we had a big argument/fight right before he went to work.

What a way to spend the 25th anniversary - right?

It worked out pretty cool in the end - we went to Walmart when he got home and he bought me my desk that I love so very much.....and of course we wound up making up.

So I hope your 25th is better than ours - I'm sure it will be!

25 Years!! I hope the two of you have a wonderful day celebrating, and here's to another 25!!!

happy-anniversary2640x480.jpg

[line]Happy Anniversary, Karen and Dave!

Congratulations!!
Not to hi-jack thread but just wanted to say its my mum and dads 18th wedding anniversary today! :D

But Congrats 25 is awesome

:hearts:

Becca wrote:
Congratulations!!
Not to hi-jack thread but just wanted to say its my mum and dads 18th wedding anniversary today! :D

:hearts:
Well, it's a blessed day...I guess we can share it with your parents! ;)

Thanks everyone. We are spending a quiet day. We had lunch at Red Lobster and now it's time for a nap. Maybe if we get re-energized, we'll eat someplace fun for dinner, too.

It is reallya good thing we did not have a big, fun day planned. My grandma died yesterday morning. We were really close, and she was very special to Dave because he didn't have a grandma nearby. Anyway, we're just kind of walking around in a fog. It's probably the body's way of preserving our energy for the next 2 days at the funeral home. Boy I sound like a wet blanket!

In honor of our 25th, we have talked about either buyingnew wedding rings, or taking a fun trip,later in the year. It's good to have something to look forward to!(Along with another 50 years together!)

SOOOSKA wrote:
Congratulations on your SILVER Anniversary.

Susan :):magicwand::party:

Thanks Susan

Oooh 25 years doesn't sound old, Silver Anniversary makes me feel old!;) I am just going to take my Geritol and go to bed! LOL

One of these days I am going to see who's logged in before I reply!!!

Dave

OH! I'm so sorry I missed this yesterday! My sincerest sympathy on the loss of your Grandma, and my heartfelt Congratulations on your anniversary! In spite of the loss, I hope you had a peaceful day. Wishing you another 25 wonderful years together... :magicwand::hug1

Aww, sweet story - congratz you two!:pink iris:

Jim & I just celebrated our 20th anniversary May 30th....where does the time go?!

anneq wrote:
Aww, sweet story - congratz you two!:pink iris:

Jim & I just celebrated our 20th anniversary May 30th....where does the time go?!
I've come to the conclusion....the older you get, the faster it goes!!

Many happy returns of the day!

My mom and dad celebrated their 25th this year as well. From the perspective of a child, there is nothing better than knowing your mom and dad have loved eachother unconditionally, keeping the spark alive for 25 years.
I think it is so very, very special.

Congratulations Youngsters! Give each other plenty of hugs and personal space when required, and enjoy each and every Year of your Married life. :love:

Sometimes married life is a challenge.

With three children, the blessings are bountiful.

mr. wabbitdad, you are a special man. :blushan: To share with the forum the story of how you met brings up romantic butterflies ~ twitters ~. I'm surprised you were that bold.

mrs. wabbitmom12, treasure your bold gentleman. You are special to all who call you mom; know you as a friend.

I am saddened too that your beloved Grandmother, an influence in your lives and the lives of your children, was called from this earth. My sympathies. Since losing my beloved mother in April, taking it very hard, you realize how fragile life is...
Support hugs to both of you.

When our 35th wedding anniversary comes up, in 2 more years, I hope we get to take a prairie dog wedding anniversary trip. Donna, trailsend, would that be okay to visit you???

Cheers to You Silver Newlyweds !!

Lots of Love and future grandchildren!

Latest posts

Back