Quantcast

2020 Indoor Cages... add your photo!

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

nicolekline97

Reaction score
Lovely set up, @Possy . Just a note of caution: those connectors are prone to pop-off, especially with an active rabbit. It's a good idea to reinforce all connections with zip-ties (or in place of the connectors). The added benefit of using zip-ties is that they make a handy door swing as well. (I think I saw a zip tie or two on your cage, but couldn't tell if there are more.)

I'll attach a photo of an old cage of ours that shows the door open to show how the zip ties make a good hinge. A carbiner clip can be used to hold it shut. It's recommended to have a door on a cage so bunny can hop out for exercise without having to be physically lifted out.

You may also want to consider putting a sheet of rolled linoleum on the wood so it can be wiped easily (if you hadn't already planned that). There is lino on the bottom of the cage in my photo. I don't have your well-made wood floor, but you can see how the lino would be a good way to protect your wood. The ramp is optional as rabbits can easily hop up to the upper level.

View attachment 45010
I am planning on making one of these soon. Did you have 2 sets of NIC cubes? I would like to make similar size set.

nicolekline97

Reaction score
So today we decided to start transitioning Silver out of his cage. We took the top portion off and kept the bottom portion the same for him for consistency! I think he was a little confused, but so far doesn’t seem mad about it. Fingers crossed!View attachment 51045
What is the grey flooring or padding?

NYAngela

Reaction score

#SirThumpsAlot

Reaction score